P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New CARCASS album?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually quite curious about this, every Carcass-album has been different music-wise, so it's interesting to see where this leads the style.

Have to say that I liked Swansong a lot, catchy rot'n rol songs.
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys make me laugh with all this Colin Richardson hate. He has produced some of the best sounding records of the 90's: Bolt Thrower's first 4 records, all of Carcass discography, 2 first Brutal Truth, Cannibal Corpse's "Bloodthirst", Gorefest's "False", etc. It's the most logical choice in fact.
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:
You guys make me laugh with all this Colin Richardson hate. He has produced some of the best sounding records of the 90's: Bolt Thrower's first 4 records, all of Carcass discography, 2 first Brutal Truth, Cannibal Corpse's "Bloodthirst", Gorefest's "False", etc. It's the most logical choice in fact.

+1 some of these post here on this forum never cease to amaze me.

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:

+2

Hardly surprising the faggots diss CR though, considering they listen to Svartidaudi and Wulkanaz while putting down Manowar and Priest.

Last edited by NK7 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
The_Elite

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinvocation wrote:
Smells like a cash-grab. Artistically, I feel like Jeff and Bill aren't even in touch with metal at all anymore, and whatever they come up with now will be miles away from even Swansong. In a bad way that is. The reunion shows were fun, but a whole new album is just stupid. Let sleeping corpses lie for shit's sake.

You do of course realise Bill plays in Angel Witch, which probably makes him more in touch with 'metal' than most.

And as for cash grab... well Jeff has paid for the whole recording out of his own pocket so at this exact minute I don't really think it's about the money.
Bearing in mind I know Bill, it's difficult to be completely objective, but I think they are doing it for the right reasons. Whether it is good musically or not remains to be seen (heard).
dangerass

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People seem to forget that a producer is just that: a producer. Richardson didn't write the bad albums he worked on, he engineered them. That is what he was hired for.

The best chef in the world can't make a shit sandwich taste good.

As for a new Carcass album, I'm interested to hear what they come up with.
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decibel Exclusive: Jeff Walker Speaks About the New Carcass Record!
By: mr ed Posted in: breaking newz, featured On: Monday, December 3rd, 2012

After 17 years of recording silence, death metal legends Carcass have returned to the studio to track their first new LP since 1996’s Swansong. The record, produced by Colin Richardson, will be released sometime in 2013 through a yet-to-be determined label. Bassist/vocalist Jeff Walker exclusively provides Decibel with a few details.

Please tell us the full recording lineup.

“Bill Steer (guitars), Jeff Walker (bass/vocals), Daniel Wilding (drums). For live we’ll obviously add another guitarist—we have someone in mind but we are not interested in a ‘name’ player.”

In a previous email correspondence, you mentioned that this record is a mix of all five Carcass LPs.

“It is and it isn’t—we’ve taken stylistic cues from all the albums because it’s in our blood, but it’s no rehash or mess of ideas. I think it sounds almost like the missing link between the third and forth albums but with some groove in there. I’ve jokingly christened some parts ‘Trad Blast’ and some ‘Death Sleaze’… don’t think for a minute this is just some nostalgic throwback album—we’re setting up another 17 years of ideas for other bands to copy and clean up on [laughs].”

Does that mean we’ll be hearing some death metal vocals out of Bill for the first time since Necroticism?

“Yes, already in the can. It’s more along the lines of how I envisioned him backing me up on Heartwork. That said, my own vocals have a hell of a lot more range than they did in the past solely down to the luxury of having time to record them—I did all the vox for Heartwork in two days and it shows! Also, (hopefully) Ken [Owen] will make an appearance—we just need to tidy a few loose ends before the mix.”

Why do this now over four years after the initial Carcass reunion?

“Good timing, eh? Twenty-five years we first recorded Reek of Putrefaction. The incentive was off Bill. I’d verbally expressed an interest in doing something but I needed Bill to have the desire and hunger again and that’s exactly what has happened. He recalled watching Dan Wilding play on tour with us in 2008 and something about him struck a chord and he wanted to work with him. There was something about him that kind of reminded him of Ken, on a personal level as much as his playing. We’ve done this recording firstly for ourselves—there’s no label backing even as you read this—in fact me and Bill have spent a small fortune out of our pocket to see this through—it’s more of an artistic/personal statement than anything.”
Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:

+3
abysmal.lord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carcass stopped being worthwhile after "Symphonies..." The band should have called itself something else after hopping into clean production and melodic riffs.
Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting interview, it actually gives me faith this could actually be good. For me it's pretty obvious their best album was Symphonies of Sickness, maybe followed by the debut or Necroticism. If Bill can do some vocals again and they have a drummer who plays a bit in the vein of Ken, it has potential. Even more if it has elements of older albums. With some groove? Are we in for some kind of death n roll album like Entombed did, but with Carcass aesthetics and sensibilities? I hope so! And no Micheal Amott is great news.
Hellpig

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
Alastor R. wrote:

+4
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin Richardson has engineered/produced some fucking amazing records in the past (even stuff like The Chameleons, one of my favourite non metal bands). Not heard anything he has done recently I don't think.
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellpig wrote:
Frozen wrote:
Alastor R. wrote:

+4

+5 No reason to bash CR. The man is one of if not the best metal producer ever.....so many classics from that man.
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe nice that Dan got the seat behind the drum kit. Great guy and KILLER drummer.

And he has already played with Aosoth, so this gives him some underground credentials haha. You assholes can stop crying about the record.
wasteland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
And no Micheal Amott is great news.

Yes! But I still don't hold much hope that this will not suck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: