P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SATYRICON BURZUM UNANIMATED etc. fan club release BOOTLEGS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hateful_Reality

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate bootlegs as much as the next guy especially if the band is still active and believes in the music they've created. But really some of these bigger labels who have the money to buy up rights to these albums should take a fucking note from the bootleggers who use original photos (well they should be original if they are coming from the bands) , artwork and symbols. As much as I hate the bootlegs I've got to say the old school feel or sign of the times that these ones possess are appealing to me. BOB's standard look is too carbon for me. With that said I look forward to having DMT on vinyl.

Not that I'd ever consider producing a bootleg but at least have good quality music and images before you do it geez some people have no shame.
lordnausea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my very personal point of view I find interesting some of this pirate pressings. Not the SATYRICON with the non-sense cover, not the ABSURD FC with a recent nice edition on SSP, but for example:

1. I think the OBSCURE PLASMA artwork is cooler than the BACK ON BLACK vinyl edition of the album LIVE IN LEIPZIG. The BOB vinyl have nothing speciall but is always about 22 euro and the pirate press look like a decent facsimile and is 25. A original copy for this album in first press = 100 euro. For me MAYHEM is dead since DMDS, so zero regret for not contributing financially to their addictions.

Conclusion: The pirate vinyl is an option for me.

2.I think the PENTAGRAM and GORGOROTH firstpress artworks are cooler than the (horrible) SEASON OF MIST vinyl edition. The SOM vinyl have nothing special (and looks horrible) but is always about 20 euro and the pirate press looks like a decent facsimile and costs 25. A original copy for those albums on first press = 100 euro. For me GORGOROTH is dead since UNDER THE SING OF HELL, so zero regret for not contributing financially to their addictions.

Conclusion: The pirate vinyls are an option for me.

An for the bands that their cd albums have been bootlegged into a vinyl only few words: BE CLEVER AND MOVE YOUR ASS BEFORE ANOTHER DO IT FOR YOU.

Another point, while you know that what you are buying is not original, it is clearly pirated and illegal and a basically worthless facsimile I think it's legitimate to acquire one. What certainly is something reportable is trying to sell these copies as 100% original!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.discogs.com/seller/07mgl
moonan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordnausea wrote:
In my very personal point of view I find interesting some of this pirate pressings. Not the SATYRICON with the non-sense cover, not the ABSURD FC with a recent nice edition on SSP, but for example:

1. I think the OBSCURE PLASMA artwork is cooler than the BACK ON BLACK vinyl edition of the album LIVE IN LEIPZIG. The BOB vinyl have nothing speciall but is always about 22 euro and the pirate press look like a decent facsimile and is 25. A original copy for this album in first press = 100 euro. For me MAYHEM is dead since DMDS, so zero regret for not contributing financially to their addictions.

Conclusion: The pirate vinyl is an option for me.

2.I think the PENTAGRAM and GORGOROTH firstpress artworks are cooler than the (horrible) SEASON OF MIST vinyl edition. The SOM vinyl have nothing special (and looks horrible) but is always about 20 euro and the pirate press looks like a decent facsimile and costs 25. A original copy for those albums on first press = 100 euro. For me GORGOROTH is dead since UNDER THE SING OF HELL, so zero regret for not contributing financially to their addictions.

Conclusion: The pirate vinyls are an option for me.

An for the bands that their cd albums have been bootlegged into a vinyl only few words: BE CLEVER AND MOVE YOUR ASS BEFORE ANOTHER DO IT FOR YOU.

Another point, while you know that what you are buying is not original, it is clearly pirated and illegal and a basically worthless facsimile I think it's legitimate to acquire one. What certainly is something reportable is trying to sell these copies as 100% original!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The LIVE IN LEIPZIG vinyl reissue was done by peaceville not BOB as far as I know this is the only reissue of this album the Peaceville version is great and well worth buying, It has the artwork from metal archives which I think is better than the artwork on the original vinyl edition.
Dalen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it really is about owning something on vinyl just for the sake of.. owning something on vinyl. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand some comments concerning the original artworks, I, too, share the same feelings about that, but does anyone feel ok with blown up pixeled covers? Some official reissues can suck as well on that matter, but is it really worth buying something that doesn't meet the desired requirements on both picture and sound?
krakentorso

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
but is it really worth buying something that doesn't meet the desired requirements on both picture and sound?

This point has been stressed several times within this thread and it cannot be stressed enough! so be it.
Dalen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wasn't the point... it doesn't look great, doesn't sound great either. Why buy it?
Mz412

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonan wrote:

The LIVE IN LEIPZIG vinyl reissue was done by peaceville not BOB as far as I know this is the only reissue of this album the Peaceville version is great and well worth buying, It has the artwork from metal archives which I think is better than the artwork on the original vinyl edition.

Was also reissued by Century Media (CD and LP)
gromcrom
banned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main point is, how join Burzum fan club?
I was high rank member of Bathory Horse, now must jump ship for low quality boots!!!

On SERIOUS note Laughing
I bought the Burzums. Simply I must have such old layout on shelf? Does not the "Det Som Engang" artwork look much better darker and with white logo? As for sound issue, who give the shits? I can play CD while hold LP cover, much same thing huh?
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just print out a high-res scan of the cover and fondle that as you play your CD.
zbielak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
Here are some pics.

I listened to:

Ancient Rites - Fatherland (sounds ok, digital like the CD itself , but the productions and triggered drums are to blame for that)
Absurd - Facta Loquunter LP (sounds like the NCR press, which I spun right after)
Horrified - Eternal God (nothing to compare it to, but sounds somewhat thin)

Anybody thinking they're buying or selling these as 'original first press' is a total idiot because the covers of most of these are blurred and pixeled. The only one that looks really good is the Absurd one, which is black and white and therefor easy to copy.

They're not pressed at GZ, German press I think.

The fact that the prices are so ridiculously high is the shittiest about these records.. They're just not really worth the 25 euro's/$30 you'll pay as a minimum.

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/Jasper81_2006/?action=view&current=IMG_0356.jpg

Does Deathcrush look pixelated and blurred? It seems it was done from scanned original lo. Does it have spine text?

How about Neptune Towers lps? Do these look like crap?
gromcrom
banned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
You could just print out a high-res scan of the cover and fondle that as you play your CD.

Is not same and you know it!!!!
Also what I do in privasy of own home = none of your business dicksuck!!!!!
necromantion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone knows where I can find that ABSURD FL OR does anyone have a copy to sell to me?
Tireheb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

necromantion wrote:
Does anyone knows where I can find that ABSURD FL OR does anyone have a copy to sell to me?

You can get the SSP OFFICIAL edition still from here: http://dtd.erraticsporadicism.org/
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
necromantion wrote:

You can get the SSP OFFICIAL edition still from here: http://dtd.erraticsporadicism.org/

Is that a reliable distro?
Tireheb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very. I get stuff there all the time.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 12 of 18

Jump to: