P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Svartrit, Dödfödd LPs etc OUT NOW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cursed Emperor wrote:
And once again the madness strikes. Do you people really care that much about those releases? I bet most of you don't even care about the music or what those bands are about. It's all about culting and limitations for you people... Like AR said, one year ago, none of you even cared about them and now you go lunatic about it.
Just fuck off and stop ruining it for those who truely enjoy the releases of Ancient Records.

From now on before you can buy anything of limited quantities you must take a test in order to prove you REALLY care about it. How can I be sure that you even really care about and deserve it more than someone else? Rolling Eyes
Cross of Donar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still have plenty of Dödfödd LPs in stock.
Cursed Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
Cursed Emperor wrote:
And once again the madness strikes. Do you people really care that much about those releases? I bet most of you don't even care about the music or what those bands are about. It's all about culting and limitations for you people... Like AR said, one year ago, none of you even cared about them and now you go lunatic about it.
Just fuck off and stop ruining it for those who truely enjoy the releases of Ancient Records.

From now on before you can buy anything of limited quantities you must take a test in order to prove you REALLY care about it. How can I be sure that you even really care about and deserve it more than someone else? Rolling Eyes

What a good idea, why don't you go ahead and start drawing up a good, reliable test.
I'm sick of having to rush myself into buying something that I genuinely appreciate because there seems to be quite a few idiots who spend their life behind a screen waiting for the next cult release by an obscure band or label, thinking they'll die if they don't get it. In the past I could always wait for months before buying something, but nowadays this seems impossible.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to catch the Svartrit stuff; missed out but life goes on. Missing stuff like this doesn't bother me much. Even if the price goes insane later on, in the meantime I'll have had that much more time to listen to the release on a more widely available format and decide if I really care that much about it. In the end, if a release costs you more than $20 it's well worth it so long as you really give a shit. Of course you could also decide that particular LP means nothing to you and be no worse off for having spent $75 on three new albums just because they were limited...
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe they genuinely appreciate it too, and are eager to support the band's/labels, and have the great sounding record and beautiful artwork in front of them? Things sold slowly in the past because it took time for catalogues to get to people, and how the music sounded was communicated by tapes dubbed for each other. Now it can be accessed instantly, word of mouth can spread more quickly. Given that the bands were relatively popular, within the very underground sphere that they operate in, and that vinyl is the most popular format currently, 150 copies would never last long.

Of course, I don't blame the band or label; if they wanted only 150 vinyls, that's their decision, and fans should respect that.

If you're that into the music, there was plenty of notice that the vinyls were coming out, and the CDs are still available. Smacks of sour grapes to me.
rauta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dödfödd is excellent but where are the vocals???
DTBRex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restock on some vinyls and CD's.
Exitium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pestkrieg wrote:
Or maybe they genuinely appreciate it too, and are eager to support the band's/labels, and have the great sounding record and beautiful artwork in front of them? Things sold slowly in the past because it took time for catalogues to get to people, and how the music sounded was communicated by tapes dubbed for each other. Now it can be accessed instantly, word of mouth can spread more quickly. Given that the bands were relatively popular, within the very underground sphere that they operate in, and that vinyl is the most popular format currently, 150 copies would never last long.

Of course, I don't blame the band or label; if they wanted only 150 vinyls, that's their decision, and fans should respect that.

If you're that into the music, there was plenty of notice that the vinyls were coming out, and the CDs are still available. Smacks of sour grapes to me.

Whilst I generally agree with this, that it's great for strong labels such as Ancient Records and Afgrundvisioner to finally receive more attention now, and also that being 'precious' that people have recognised a band/label which they had normally kept to themselves is ridiculous behaviour; Cursed Emperor makes a strong point.

The Black/Death underground (and most notably on this forum) consists of people who latch onto label_x, artwork by_x and featuring members of_x before the music itself is independently judged.
The amount of self-promoting small independent bands or labels that I've seen on here who haven't received as much as a minute of people's time until they receive the approval of some particular forum member or become associated with a particular label or artist, is actually very unfortunate for the underground to escape trends.

It's not that those who are new to a band or label's releases do not care about the band as much, but it looks immensely suspect when many of them may have had no prior interest before until others had approved of it.

Anyway, on topic, finally got my order a few days ago, but I'll have to wait to pick them up. Looking forward to properly hearing these properly!

Blutkvlt wrote:
Wear your cunted out black metal shirts while practicing occult rituals like burning sage and posting quotes from Aleister Crowley on facebook.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exitium wrote:
Pestkrieg wrote:

Whilst I generally agree with this, that it's great for strong labels such as Ancient Records and Afgrundvisioner to finally receive more attention now, and also that being 'precious' that people have recognised a band/label which they had normally kept to themselves is ridiculous behaviour; Cursed Emperor makes a strong point.

The Black/Death underground (and most notably on this forum) consists of people who latch onto label_x, artwork by_x and featuring members of_x before the music itself is independently judged.
The amount of self-promoting small independent bands or labels that I've seen on here who haven't received as much as a minute of people's time until they receive the approval of some particular forum member or become associated with a particular label or artist, is actually very unfortunate for the underground to escape trends.

It's not that those who are new to a band or label's releases do not care about the band as much, but it looks immensely suspect when many of them may have had no prior interest before until others had approved of it.

Anyway, on topic, finally got my order a few days ago, but I'll have to wait to pick them up. Looking forward to properly hearing these properly!

Point taken, but that's perfectly normal. Do you have time to have a good and detailed listen to every new project that is posted in the forum? No, so the recommendations from certain people serve as filters, in the same way that this forum serves as a filter within the world of metal music as a whole.

I'm sure that people do pick up on things just because they're approved rather than via an aesthetic appreciation, but I think that argument leads you down a slippery slope; when one first becomes interested in this music, one seeks out the canonical works, i.e. those which are approved sub-culturally.
Cursed Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh while we're at it, am I the only one who's surprised the Bekëth Nexëhmü didn't come in a real sleeve?
rthdx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cursed Emperor wrote:
Oh while we're at it, am I the only one who's surprised the Bekëth Nexëhmü didn't come in a real sleeve?

I did also mention that it's the lowest priced LP among the rest of AR ones, so it'd hardly a problem, besides just being weird...
bigcartel
youtube
vukodlak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance to hear any Remigius samples anywhere?
eighthplague

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems weird to me that there's suddenly a Dodfodd demo that was previously unreleased, when such material supposedly didn't exist until now. And the other Dodfodd member is some kid whose other bands' releases are all post-2010. Laughing I have a suspicion that this is new material.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but it sounds great. Which is what matters.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
but it sounds great. Which is what matters.

Indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: