P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

In the Woods LP reissues?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
desolatesounds

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Music wrote:

The label was very slow and requested some of the craziest money I've ever heard.

Details please...
Throne_of_ahaz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:
I kind of feel like In the Woods... is a band that is best enjoyed on cd due to the flow of their albums, Omnio in particular. I probably wont bother with these and stick to my original cd's, although I did pick up the Isle of Men lp that came out a couple of years ago.

Obviously the people praising newer BoB releases didn't buy Hate Forest "Battlefields", heh.
(thankfully I already owned the original)

I actually had a copy of this, with that 80's heavy metal band on side A? Ok, that wasn't great.

Actually, thinking about it, hasn't the HEart of the Ages DLP already been re-issued along with the Ved Buens Ende album on BoB? I'm sure that was earlier this year or late last year..??

Isle of Men doesn't really need a re-issue being as the LP only came out a few years ago.
Someone said earlier in the thread about making a mistake for buying both albums? Are you kidding? Omnio is my favourite album ever.
Blood Music

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot directly confirm who the label was because it was not told to the band, however ...

I was dealing with the band for I believe more than 6 months on trying to make this happen.

They kept telling the one who controls Misanthropy (it's not even the label head anymore, just some guy, so the whole thing seemed a bit shady) to go with me, that is exactly what the band wants.

Then suddenly, after dealing with me (poorly) for many months, they announced to the band (and not me) that CONGRATULATIONS! A deal was struck, for an insane amount of upfront money + royalties. The label guy conveniently left out who was the label, so the band assumed it was Blood Music. But it wasn't.

I don't think anyone else makes deals like that besides BoB. And Misanthropy sends all their stuff through BoB, so it just made sense.

Misanthropy guy wanted several thousands of GBP for a limited run and refused to tell me if they band would get any of it. The band even told me that this price was too crazy.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
Throne_of_ahaz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to be funny here, but with a re-issue I think people would want access to more than 300 copies of it. 150 coloured and 150 black which seems to be the only way you release records.

The amount that BoB have done of HEart of the Ages re-issue is 1,000 at least, so makes it easier for those who didn't get one of the first 500 to have a decent shot at getting it this time rather than having to be logged into your site the second it comes on sale to get it.
Blood Music

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can be funny all you want, but the deal was for 500 copies in a special, deluxe edition, and that they could go off and print a normal edition afterwards for anyone that didn't want / didn't get.

They went against the band's wishes, so if you want to see a corporate creation that is not what the band wanted (the band didn't even know HEart of the Ages was printed, I had to tell them), then that is what you will get.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: