P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Metallica Death Magnetic 5lp box question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why waste time with this garbage? You can find a million thrash bands these days playing better thrash. This is worse than the worst LA fun thrash.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boring fucking album. Why waste your time listening to 60 minutes of shit for three minutes total of decent riffs?
HisEmissary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I teach guitar lessons. I get paid to be subjected to such horseshit.
Goab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the fuck cares about this joke band anymore? You can say that you don't like the last Maiden, Priest or Dio albums but they've never moved away from their Metal roots despite how progresisve and unisnpired their records have been while Helfied, Ulriuch anc Co. are nothing but a bunch of millionaires who died in hands of their own success.

By the way, was this thread necessary on this forum?
Kapalika

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Why waste time with this garbage?

Voice of truth.
Talking about this is a waste of precious air and time.
HELLTHRASHER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadskin wrote:
You can listen whole album at www.metallica.com

Wow,That was a complete waste of time and electricity.
I want my 10 min. back!

Seriously, why is everyone going googoo for this tripe? 100% Black Album re-visited.
Maybe it is better then St. Anus, but it's nothing to jump a cliff over.
Then again this is coming from a maniac who's been saying Metallica died when Burton died.

I'm done with this.
GROUND ZERO Entertainment

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if Lars had gone under the bus & Cliff had lived????

Ever wonder what the last 22 years would have been like?
Cliff was the soul of that band...imagine his writing & varied musical influences laid over Metallica & allowed to grow over the past 2 decades...what do you think it would sound like now???

BTW...have you guys seen the AGENTS OF MISFORTUNE video on YouTube with Cliff & "Big Jim" Martin from FAITH NO MORE from 1980/1981? Cool shit!
www.red-sky-design.com/GZEmailorder.htm
Good Trades: NWN! / H.H.R. / No Sign Of Life / LIE IN RUINS / BLOOD HARVEST / Asphyxiate / Prof. BLACK / Axa Valaha / Bloody Prod. / SONIC TEMPLE / Kuravilu / Death Dealer
Sammi Curr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GROUND ZERO Entertainment wrote:

Cliff was the soul of that band...imagine his writing & varied musical influences laid over Metallica & allowed to grow over the past 2 decades...what do you think it would sound like now???

Without Lars after Puppets, they wouldn't have had the business acumen to succeed on writing shitty pop songs and would've broken up by the end of the 80's. Sounds fucking great, maybe Tom Hunting could have collaborated on And Justice... as well. Would've been a great swansong, especially with Cliff still involved.
karimlan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I dunno man. I remember reading a Cliff Burton interview that Guitar World (if I remember right) put on one of their issues around 91 or 92 or something and Burton actually says in the said interview that he was listening to this band called R.E.M. The interview happened around the time of Puppets.

When I think of what happened with Metallica and all, it's quite obvious that the long and short of it is that people change and Hetfield and Ulrich are no exception. Thinking of it in terms of a timeline, the black album was 1991 which would've made the average age in the band around 29. I've seen friends lose enthusiasm for Metal around this age. I reckon that for Hetfield and Ulrich, Metal was just a phase of youth that they grew out of.
greenmonster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosliw wrote:
Ross Liew wrote:
Is the new album any good?

Blech. There's way too much rehash in that album.
Kuravilu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karimlan wrote:

Hmm... I dunno man. I remember reading a Cliff Burton interview that Guitar World (if I remember right) put on one of their issues around 91 or 92 or something and Burton actually says in the said interview that he was listening to this band called R.E.M. The interview happened around the time of Puppets.

I supposse that intie must be something done with a Ouija since Cliff died on 1986.... Burton listened a lot of different stuff but I don´t think that influenced metallica directly... He was a maniac about misfits and nothing on the 3 first albums sounds like misfits... Not like that red neck Hetfield that let that country stuff sneak into the music... sure they were out of ideas anyway...

An as a die hard maniac of Metallica as me I can properly say that the real band died long a go when they start to dress like homos... I remember a interview on Kerrang (1992 or 1993) when they said that they shoudn't be considered as a Metal Band anymore because they were artist and beyond those labels... go figure... AND THE NEW ALBUMS IS SHIT!
karimlan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuravilu wrote:
karimlan wrote:

I supposse that intie must be something done with a Ouija since Cliff died on 1986.... Burton listened a lot of different stuff but I don´t think that influenced metallica directly... He was a maniac about misfits and nothing on the 3 first albums sounds like misfits... Not like that red neck Hetfield that let that country stuff sneak into the music... sure they were out of ideas anyway...

An as a die hard maniac of Metallica as me I can properly say that the real band died long a go when they start to dress like homos... I remember a interview on Kerrang (1992 or 1993) when they said that they shoudn't be considered as a Metal Band anymore because they were artist and beyond those labels... go figure... AND THE NEW ALBUMS IS SHIT!

The interview was obviously from when he was alive but it was published in the said Guitar Mag sometime around 91-92. Remember how the hype around the band had gotten so big during that time and even hard rock mags (who in the past wouldn't touch Metallica with a 10 foot pole) were showing photos of the 80s Metallica and doing features on them?

On Burton and his tastes, well there you go.... I figure that it all would've creeped in eventually.

As far as I can see, you can't make good Metal unless you're a fan of Metal yourself and in their case it all turned to shit when they grew out of Metal.
HisEmissary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember an interview/feature on metallica not long before the release of the black album in american fag bible DETAILS MAGAZINE. in it, larz and kirk admit to sleeping together in the nude. total fags til death. i wish the bus rolled over on that curly haired twink instead.
HELLTHRASHER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich has told the UK's Daily Star newspaper that his one remaining ambition is for the band to perform on the same bill as U2.

Despite appearing alongside some of the biggest names in music —including DEEP PURPLE, THE ROLLING STONES, IRON MAIDEN and AC/DC — METALLICA has yet to share the stage with the Irish band.

"I'll play at one in the afternoon, in a parking lot in Ireland, I don't give a shit. As long as I can do that," he told the Daily Star.

Ulrich also spoke about the buzz aurrounding the band's new album 'Death Magnetic", which topped the U.S. chart afer selling a half million copies in the first three days alone.

"A lot of crazy and fun things are happening one after the other in our lives right now," he said. "Whenever METALLICA does anything, even when we get out of bed in the morning, something seems to happen in the wake of it. But it seems people are responding well to the new album. It's our most positively received album since probably 1991's Black album. It's a good time to be in METALLICA and it's still a buzz."

I like to think that Cliff would never have said or want to do such a foolish move.
But I do see Cliff wanting to have played with Misfits or Black Sabbath at one point or another.
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend gave me a burn of it. I got through 5 songs maybe and realised that it's pure pastiche and totally not what I need to spend my time listening to. Whoever said as much was right... there are loads of better things to be listening to and with such a vast array of music out there, listening to something for the sake of it seems redundant. That's what I think at any rate. If people like it, so be it...
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: