P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

QUOTES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I consider High On Fire as a modern heavy metal band, because they got both the spirit and some elements that could categorize them as something like that. Still, it's just a manner of saying. Their music sounds nothing like heavy metal and it's not widely considered like that. Perhaps in 20 years people will be arguing about them like we do today, perhaps not.
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:
But I just don't know who in their right mind could listen to the self-titled black sabbath song, or iron man, war pigs, hand of doom and say "well... that's not metal".

No one will say this, but a lot of people will state "I prefer Sabbath with Dio because it's Heavy Metal and not 70s hippie rubbish." At least that's my impression when I talk to old Heavy Metal guys. I prefer Ozzy all the way BTW.

Dalen wrote:
High On Fire - a modern heavy metal band

Certainly, but their older stuff was way better, when Matt Pike wasn't boozing all the time.
Primitive

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"my favorite death metal band is slipknot"
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourites are Sepultura & Slayer, Slipknot has to many slamdeath influences.
T. Terrorist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything and everything that is posted on this page: http://www.facebook.com/trandenscentalblackmetal
GenericBlackMetalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can have your seven chalices AND worship the Lord too
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T. Terrorist wrote:
Anything and everything that is posted on this page: http://www.facebook.com/trandenscentalblackmetal

Is that for real?
Abgrund

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of this here:

Quote:
Due to the great feedback, which we received for our new patches we decided to do some more of them until the end of the year. Next year we will also have shirts with our XVX-design. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
We (the band Thränenkind) decided to draw the consequences of the "interesting" comments we got, concerning the patch we made. We decided to change the patch design a little bit, so that all those true black metal people can keep their "scene" as it is, was and always will be and we can use the opportunity to dissociate from everything which has to do with that kind of black metal scene.

We were never part of this and we will never be.

Thanks for letting the world know, what black metal still is...from now on, it does not bother us.
For the future: We will play atmospheric Metal, Crust and maybe some Post Rock. Those who like dark music with atmosphere are still welcome. Thank you for reading this.

http://www.facebook.com/Thraenenkind
Timon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abgrund wrote:
Reminds me of this here:

Quote:
Due to the great feedback, which we received for our new patches we decided to do some more of them until the end of the year. Next year we will also have shirts with our XVX-design. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
We (the band Thränenkind) decided to draw the consequences of the "interesting" comments we got, concerning the patch we made. We decided to change the patch design a little bit, so that all those true black metal people can keep their "scene" as it is, was and always will be and we can use the opportunity to dissociate from everything which has to do with that kind of black metal scene.

Thanks for letting the world know, what black metal still is...from now on, it does not bother us.
For the future: We will play atmospheric Metal, Crust and maybe some Post Rock. Those who like dark music with atmosphere are still welcome. Thank you for reading this.

Hahaha what an incredible pile of bullshit! Laughing
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT THE FUCK
Wolfram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Abgrund"]

Quote:

HAIL VICTORY!
nileppez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95347

'Tracks that your mums like' thread on metal archives forum. Reminds me why it's not worth looking at even once in a while
ADK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those Thränenkind mongos are really trying hard to be "different" (check out the related bands like Heretoir or Agrypnie, an abyss of total gayness).

But what do you expect from a band from Bavaria, this Bundesland has only produced incredible bullshit (with Lunar Aurora as obligatory exception).
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Vegan straight edge black metal" Laughing Laughing Laughing

reminds me of the time some straight edge moron said to me "oh you're wearing a Burzum shirt, you must be a neo nazi" or something. Fucking moron then jokingly said I should go burn down the STONE church over the road. Laughing at least they're a good source of amusement, however idiotic and cringeworthy.
pentfixion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frostjunkie wrote:
I just had to dig this up after hearing this at the beginning of a Krieg song on the Antaeus/Krieg split:

"This fucking set is dedicated to one who has outlasted you all, one who is elite, this set goes out to Kanwulf of fucking Nargaroth!" Laughing

at the time nobody knew he was a bullshitter but it is really funny hearing that in retrospect hahah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: