P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Year end top ten and then some..... from yours truly
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalManiaxe wrote:
IXTAB wrote:
nileppez wrote:
I had no clue Witch Cross reunited. That tune "Rocking the Night Away" brings so much memories. Will look for that.

They haven't reunited. The 4LP set is their complete discography from 81-86, and includes the Blood Eagle demo as well. As Desecrator said, it is essential to anyone who enjoys blood-pumping heavy rock music.

Yes they have reunited.

Interesting. I stand corrected then.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQ Booking wrote:
IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:
BBQ Booking wrote:
Great list. How killer was that BOC show, huh?! Same for Autopsy show Twisted Evil

I didn't get the Witch Cross box but I did get the single LP version that was just put out. Fucking. Brilliant. Awesome giant-size poster, too!

Saint Vitus were awesome at Saint Vitus but it was the worst I've seen them but not because of them--the crowd SUCKED!
The Vitus @ Vitus show was pretty incredible. The crowd definitely had some "industry" types and some interlopers, but I didn't let that impact my enjoyment of the performance.

I've seen Vitus a couple of times and don't get me all wrong: all times were incredible! I think the best I've seen them was in Hole in the Sky at Garage, though Cool

I was very impressed by the recent Vitus show in Minneapolis. They played a good mix of older stuff (both Wino and Reagers songs) and newer stuff. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the new songs.
robotdie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Year end top ten and then some..... from yours truly Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
DESECRATOR777 wrote:

Witch Cross All that's fit for fighting 3lp hells headbangers [essential]

A lot of good stuff in this list, and this is one of few bands with only a single full-length release that fully deserves a 4LP compilation. Definitely the best HHR release in recent years (original or re-issue).

Really? Going to have to give their EP/demos a listen, I passed on this just because it seemed too much.
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint Vitus were awesome at Saint Vitus but it was the worst I've seen them but not because of them--the crowd SUCKED![/quote]

FUCK THE CROWD. I go to the gigs for the music NOT THE AUDIENCE.

the Witchcross is essential purely for the demos which i never heard up until the release hit.

the Xinr vinyl version is better because of the mastering job and the layout is supreme compared to the storm spell version.
Primitive

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marguis de sade - somewhere over the moutain LP????? What what what??? What's this LP business about? Is this new stuff? Or a reissued discography and not really a full length? I gotta look into this... the old single went for up to $800 on ebay! Which is pretty insane money for a two song vinyl. But if these are new recordings it'd be way interesting to hear!

Edit: ok just as I thought... just a discography comp, so much for people paying top dollars for that single when they can just get this now, bet that price will shoot way down now if people will even bother to try selling it anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: