P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ways to kvlt in portland, or
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nihilist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rose city strip club is owned by an old bandmate of mine, always fun times for me when I am there. Lovecraft is pretty cool, ESP just to drink & enjoy the environment. I had some fun nights there, saw some Portland freaks every time I am there. Powell's & Reading Frenzy downtown are both great! 2nd Ave records has been there forever! Some good cemeteries to wander around in. Chuck Phalaniuk wrote a pretty interesting travelogue. Visit the sites of such films as: The Hunted,Paranoid Park,Nekro,Six Pack that Fucking Bitch!,Dig!,Body Of Evidence & the newer television show: Portlandia. You may run into Rowdy Roddy Piper as he owns an auto shop (? Could be wrong!?) On the outskirts of Pdx.
In The Hour of 11:11...
Nihilist

SLUMBER ROOM= www.novisiblescars.bandcamp.com

Last edited by Nihilist on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
plague

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESECRATOR777 wrote:
portland has a tone of killer places to booze up. even the strip joints have great brews and great prices too!

this was my favorite place with cheap flights
http://www.saraveza.com/

current aged holiday ale sampler is a doozy, all 10-14%
xray

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that I cannot help you kvlt, as every time I've been to Portland in the last decade has been to visit family on holidays -- probably the least kvlt activity ever. Laughing

I'll echo the recs for Powells and Reading Frenzy. I like going to the Japanese and Chinese tea gardens (one is by that big city park, the other is down by the river). I love going to Jake's Famous Crawfish for oysters. Sit at the bar and marvel at the Richard Nixon campaign posters. (I won't lie, it's expensive -- just go for a snack and a drink, rather than dinner.)

Some nifty cemeteries, yes. Some good hiking, too. Take the Max up to the park (provided it is not pishing rain) and get some exercise.

For those who are really into beer, get thee to Cascade Brewing (excellent sour beers such as the Sang Noir) and Hair of the Doug where they have some barrel-aged beers that you can only get in the taproom. Deschutes has both good food and good beer.

Wish I was out there this year, because I'd totally meet up. But alas, this year is our year with my in-laws on the East Coast. Sad
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resurrection time. Finally, went to John's Marketplace while was in Portland yesterday. I would say their beer list is out of date on the site. This place blew me away, best beer selection I have EVER seen. Staggering. I bought an assortment of Belgians I have never seen anywhere. I will go there now on every trip up there.

Eigenbrötler wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:
damn that is a great bottle list at Johns Marketplace.
Eigenbrötler wrote:

I would recommend Johns Marketplace if you want a good bottle, and Belmont station has a bottle shop with a beer cafe.

It's definately not in the "cool" or "hip" part of town, but it's the best bottleshop I've personally been to, and walked out with a 750ML Gulden Draak, Oppigards Winter Ale, Samichlaus vintage and a 1.85 Stiegl. For what it is, im feeling pretty good right now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: