P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 155, 156, 157  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heavyR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitewerks wrote:
Rented the R-rated dvd for William Friedkin's KILLER JOE. I will not be seeking out the uncut dir's cut on blu-ray. The cut dvd is, at least, a few seconds shorter. I thought it was terrible.

Yeah, Enter the Void. From what I barely remember reading, the plot just sounded dumb. I kept expecting the local rental store to get it in but they never did & I wasn't about to buy it. I've thought about d/l'ing it but it's way at the bottom of the list..

I highly doubt all they cut was a few seconds for the R rated Killer Joe. The chicken scene in the unrated version was extremely unsettling.

Buy this crap.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitewerks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
bitewerks wrote:
Rented the R-rated dvd for William Friedkin's KILLER JOE. I will not be seeking out the uncut dir's cut on blu-ray. The cut dvd is, at least, a few seconds shorter. I thought it was terrible.

Yeah, Enter the Void. From what I barely remember reading, the plot just sounded dumb. I kept expecting the local rental store to get it in but they never did & I wasn't about to buy it. I've thought about d/l'ing it but it's way at the bottom of the list..

I highly doubt all they cut was a few seconds for the R rated Killer Joe. The chicken scene in the unrated version was extremely unsettling.

I'd been happy if about 45 minutes had been cut. The chicken scene was just dumb- maybe lessened from the cut but everything leading to it was silly. Not sure where he got his info about Texas but no one wears jackets on sunny days & it doesn't rain all the time in trailerparks.

Looks like there is 1 minute difference between running times from the 2 versions: 103min for uncut, 102min for r-rated.
Ashdautas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundsOfDecay wrote:
Begotten the other day, finally. Just as bizarre and fucked as I hoped. Looks amazing too!
After the first 10 minutes or so that movie is essentially worthless. After all the hype around that movie I expected a lot more than just watching a bunch of reject sand people from star wars bury a mutant baby jesus after setting him on fire and half-assedly raping his deformed mother. I just realized the sentence that came before this one kind of makes the movie sound interesting/awesome but believe me, it's not. Believe it comrade.

You should all do yourselves a favor and watch "Master of the flying Guillotine."
Höllenhund

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motörhead - Ace Of Spades DVD
from the "Classic Album" series

features interviews from Lem, Phil and Eddie
Eddie plays Ace of Spades, The Hammer, Love me like a Reptile,
All three perform together Roadcrew and the Chase is better than the Crabs
and so on!
Dismal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdautas wrote:
SoundsOfDecay wrote:
Begotten the other day, finally. Just as bizarre and fucked as I hoped. Looks amazing too!
After the first 10 minutes or so that movie is essentially worthless. After all the hype around that movie I expected a lot more than just watching a bunch of reject sand people from star wars bury a mutant baby jesus after setting him on fire and half-assedly raping his deformed mother. I just realized the sentence that came before this one kind of makes the movie sound interesting/awesome but believe me, it's not. Believe it comrade.

You should all do yourselves a favor and watch "Master of the flying Guillotine."

Yeah, Begotten is quite a mission to get through in all honesty. I won't be watching that one again in a hurry.

I've seen Fatal flying guillotine, which I think is a prequel. It was years ago , in a THC induced stupor, so I can't be sure, but I remember it being entertaining and obviously ridiculous.
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punisher War Zone

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
Luigi's Butt-Plug
banned

Location: Subletting a Finnish Goat Hut at the Ross Bay Cemetery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been out for a bit now, but V/H/S was a movie I really liked, except for maybe one of the vignettes (movie has six stories).
Cedric

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Time

Good stuff.
Frozen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken Russell's The Devils

Vowels

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Big Shave (1967), de Martin Scorsese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1T93rJ9p-s&feature=player_embedded

Six-minute short film, recommended.

Also watched The Birds recently, what a great movie.

Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dug out some old Spaghetti Westerns that I bought a long time ago, and first of all The Great Silence is fucking ACE! But I also watched Companeros and it is so fucking weird. I laughed out loud at how goofy the theme song was and Jack Palance has a fucking pet falcon named Marsha! Laughing Fucking cracked out movie! Highest recommendations to both of those.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been on a serious 60's, 70's binge:
Midnight Cowboy, The French Connection, Patton, On Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Get Smart the Complete Series.
cochino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Abortion wrote:
I dug out some old Spaghetti Westerns that I bought a long time ago, and first of all The Great Silence is fucking ACE! But I also watched Companeros and it is so fucking weird. I laughed out loud at how goofy the theme song was and Jack Palance has a fucking pet falcon named Marsha! Laughing Fucking cracked out movie! Highest recommendations to both of those.

Check out The Mercenary. It's pretty much the same movie (same director and Nero and Palance playing similar roles) but less whacked out (not to say it's not whacked out at all, just less) and much more well rounded in my opinion. I feel Corbucci was trying too hard to emulate The Good, The Bad and The Ugly in Compañeros, and that is far less obvious in The Mercenary. And I think Morricone's soundtrack for that one is better, even though Compañeros has its charm.
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Page 24 of 157

Jump to: