P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Circle of Ouroborus-Islands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hell_krieger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Circle of Ouroborus-Islands Reply with quote

I don't know how many people out there who are into this band but just got this release in the mail couple of days ago. Such a stunning release from start to finish. Dark Adversary has done it again. Looking forward to seeing more releases down the fiery path. For those who do you know this band what are some other good albums to get by them? Already have the Moonflares split with DTL, also The Tree of Knowledge and the split with Crooked Necks. They been around for little a while now but have built a discography in such small time frame. Any thoughts on this band at all?
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get enough of CoO lately; they're truly a unique band. My personal favorite releases by them are Streams, MatterEther, and Armon Keitaalla. I'd recommend any of those titles without hesitation.
hell_krieger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will check them out. Yes! Same here sat back tonight just playing there material need to purchase more releases by them such great band love the atomsphere behind CoO. Good to see someone out there appreciates this band.
Mikk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic band. I've enjoyed their last few post-punky, gothy type albums especially. Along with Urfaust, one of the most interesting "black metal" bands.
I like black metal, I also like other genres of music, I am listening to Death In June right now, and later I will be playing some NON, or maybe some Hank Williams Sr., you wanna know why? Because fuck you, that's why.
hell_krieger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urfaust is one of my favorite bands right now the material they release is out of this world hopefully new album will emerge this year.But yes hope CoO will have split together down the road. Both bands are very unique and brought something new to the table.
da666

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell_krieger wrote:
Urfaust is one of my favorite bands right now the material they release is out of this world hopefully new album will emerge this year.But yes hope CoO will have split together down the road. Both bands are very unique and brought something new to the table.

There is already a CoO/Urfaust split: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Urfaust/Auerauege_Raa_Verduistering/110272

Sadly for those who don't have a copy I have seen it go for a pretty penny on ebay (i think the CD went for $400-500).
Descension

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
Armon Keitaalla. I'd recommend any of those titles without hesitation.

This was one of the best releases I had heard in a while, last year.
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They haven't putout any bad black metal material, but I don't remember being a big fan of the more neofolk albums. Maybe time to revisit them?

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
hell_krieger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
hell_krieger wrote:

There is already a CoO/Urfaust split: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Urfaust/Auerauege_Raa_Verduistering/110272

Sadly for those who don't have a copy I have seen it go for a pretty penny on ebay (i think the CD went for $400-500).
amazing I did not know about this release thanks for posting this. Well maybe somewhere down the road you can re-release it just like you done with the Mutiilation catalogue. I will check out this release right away.
skaven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been my favourite band for a couple of years now and still is. As for recommendations, you can't go much wrong with any title though there are a few more experimental ones diverting from the 'regular' sound – e.g. the neofolk of "Veneration", "Hiljaiset Sanat" and "Cast to the Pits", the ambient of "Maailma uppoaa" and "Maailma kohoaa" and so on – which you may or may not like according to your taste. Some say that the latest album trilogy ("Eleven Fingers", "The Lost Entrance of the Just" and "Abrahadabra", all having a similar sound) is the best ones but that's always in the eyes of the beholder, and because the incorporate a more approachable (even more melodic?) synth-like soundscape.

To mention some releases that I think have been overlooked a bit: "The Knives Beneath" seven inch from the early days, "MatterEther" which seriously gets my heart pump faster just due to its magnificence, "Unituli" which is also lyrically one of my favourites, and... I better stop here. Hope this fanboyism is of any help.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
hell_krieger wrote:

The vinyl however is about $40-60 for black and a little over $100 for red of the same album, so unless this is a mistyped value, stamp collectors on here need not worry about their format!

As for band only have heard a few releases, some decent material. Split with DTL has gotten quite a bit of play from me on both band's sides, i don't mind the few songs i've heard off eleven fingers, but the earlier albums i played i wasn't as into. I like the tone of the guitars which seems rather unique for black metal, and the clean vocals (as many people have already written plenty about) definitely throws back to the post-punk scene, i definitely get the joy division vibe from this band. Perhaps this is one of the bands that gets better on releases, or maybe i just need to listen to everything more closely when i either have the time or can pick up the ones that aren't ebay collectibles. However i feel not everything from this band is even remotely essential so i might just try and find which ones my favorites are and stick with those.
Dismal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
bearsbearsbears wrote:
Armon Keitaalla. I'd recommend any of those titles without hesitation.

This was one of the best releases I had heard in a while, last year.

One of their best in my opinion. Sorry to be a pedant, but it came out in 2011.

Of their BM stuff, the tape trilogy that came out last year: Mullan tuoksu, Pehmeät kasvot and Sisään Katsovat Seppelesilmät is definitely worth tracking down too.

All of their stuff is worth hearing imo. Agreement with Mikk, definitely one of the most interesting "bm" bands around.
taranis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coo rules
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: