P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Moonblood
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warcrust

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Moonblood Reply with quote

AmaLurra wrote:
So I've spent the last week or so slowly getting through most of their material (chronologically) and I have to say I am incredibly impressed by the consistent high-quality output. Admittedly the demos are raw as fuck and the rips I found aren't overly brilliant, though I find myself rather digging what I hear.

The split with Nema is actually probably some of Moonblood's strongest material, though given that it follows on from Blut & Krieg quite closely it is hardly surprising.

Probably, only problem the Nema track is way better Smile Anyway, Moonblood isn't a shit band but nothing outstanding
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Moonblood Reply with quote

Warcrust wrote:
AmaLurra wrote:
So I've spent the last week or so slowly getting through most of their material (chronologically) and I have to say I am incredibly impressed by the consistent high-quality output. Admittedly the demos are raw as fuck and the rips I found aren't overly brilliant, though I find myself rather digging what I hear.

The split with Nema is actually probably some of Moonblood's strongest material, though given that it follows on from Blut & Krieg quite closely it is hardly surprising.

Probably, only problem the Nema track is way better Smile Anyway, Moonblood isn't a shit band but nothing outstanding

The Nema track is really impressive too yes, though quite odd! Weird use of keys.
multicide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig this band but I always felt they were limited. Seems like the majority of the songs have two riffs repeated. They're definitely overhyped due to that limited vinyl bullshit from years ago.
Hørus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First album is great, so are some Rehearsal (11 & 1 are my favourites).
In my opinion, this band is as overated by some as it's underated by others.
2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MB is a both hit & miss for me. Blut Und Krieg is really boring album, could be more entertaining with better sound. Yet i really like the song from Inferno/Mooblood split cass (Kingdom Under Funeral Skies??) and Taste Our German Steel, cover artwork HoMM III ripoff tribute is damn impressive too. Mediocre band in some way, yes, but i dare to say still better than most black metal coming from Germany.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hevosrunkkari wrote:
still better than most black metal coming from Germany.

Doesn't say much really. Even Village People is more masculine music than modern German black metal.
VOTHANA666

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...two words for you. 'reh. tapesz.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic german black metal.
VOTHANA666

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellbomber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some days I can take em.
most days I can leave em.
the production is what keeps me coming back.
very ominous and cold.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Moonblood Reply with quote

AmaLurra wrote:
Warcrust wrote:
AmaLurra wrote:

The Nema track is really impressive too yes, though quite odd! Weird use of keys.

Anyone heard the Nema/Mordulv split around here? I was wondering if that track is as good as the MB split.
Aszfargoth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOTHANA666 wrote:

True. I've never been very keen for neither "Taste Our German Steel" nor "Blut und Krieg", but have always immensely enjoyed the official demo tapes, particularly "Nosferatu" and "The Winter Falls Over the Land", and especially the rehearsal tapes; all tapes up to "Blut und Krieg" are great, the "My Evil Soul" rehearsal tape probably being my favourite work of Moonblood.

Also, I agree that Moonblood are as overrated as they are underrated, but I cannot imagine that a song like "Throught the Woods of Forgotten Delight" would lead anyone to deride this band as worthless: http://youtu.be/DpPGy-hFdHY
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bunch of these weird unofficial CDs, some of which were released by Goatmoon Worship (a bootleg sublabel of some pretty known guy, can't remember who, maybe Unisound?) but not everything has been covered by these discs. Don't really care one way or another these days though.

Yeah they did have a bit of this mini-epic raw bm thing going on, but to scatter all of the stuff over twenty something rehearsal tapes, not really looking for that.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aszfargoth wrote:
VOTHANA666 wrote:

True. I've never been very keen for neither "Taste Our German Steel" nor "Blut und Krieg", but have always immensely enjoyed the official demo tapes, particularly "Nosferatu" and "The Winter Falls Over the Land", and especially the rehearsal tapes; all tapes up to "Blut und Krieg" are great, the "My Evil Soul" rehearsal tape probably being my favourite work of Moonblood.

Also, I agree that Moonblood are as overrated as they are underrated, but I cannot imagine that a song like "Throught the Woods of Forgotten Delight" would lead anyone to deride this band as worthless: http://youtu.be/DpPGy-hFdHY

i would name this as awesome moonblood....
http://youtu.be/nCPr8m9GR8o

i absolutely love this song !
Panzer_kommander_d

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Moonblood Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:

Anyone heard the Nema/Mordulv split around here? I was wondering if that track is as good as the MB split.

i have it, but i can't remember if the Nema song is any good and iam not a fan af the band anyway, but i will give a listen anyway..

Edit, it is bad i think,!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Purification-Kommando/117557474980593
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: