P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Darkthrone in 2013 "The Underground Resistance"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nileppez

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

See, I'm comfortable with who I am, don't need to only be grim or troo and support bands that sounds like shit but have all the right slogans and imagery.

+666, mad respect for confessing what you listen to. Truly heroic, takes balls.

Too bad that these examples (in addition to shitting on bands' legacy) are pieces of undeniably bad music.
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
nileppez wrote:
Do you guys think new Satyricon is good also?

support bands that sounds like shit but have all the right slogans and imagery.

um...
Antimosh003

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's going to be a tough move for most, particularly most common posters to forum topics like this but my theory is: EVENTUALLY people just might start listening to what they want to and wont come to forums like this to make sure its ok amongst the forum underground trend. I know its a long shot but a small part of me is starting to see this as a possibility.

It just might be possible to have a laugh on your own with whatever you like, rather than worrying what the 'cool kids' think.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antimosh003 wrote:

It just might be possible to have a laugh on your own with whatever you like, rather than worrying what the 'cool kids' think.

No, the opinions of a few dozen strangers on the internet are far too important to me.
Antimosh003

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant it more in regards to the artwork. If it was some Bestial/Black/Death band with the same artwork you would get the same cliche' comments as 'killer' 'when comes the vinyl??' etc People already hate it just because its X band. If this was Y and applied to the sub genres I mentioned ( Bestial/Black/Death) It wouldnt matter.

I dont even think pop trends worry about stuff as much as discussions like this do. Despite the un-importance.

I see/read more moaning here than any other place. But I guess thats whats 'in' for the underground now? To sound like a 65 year old pensioner?

Wether a band uses the wrong colours or the wrong title it will be crap because those with the most posts or get seen at the most 'cool' underground places say so.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody really actually only listen to what is acceptable by some thread commentary here?

Or do most just keep silent about bands they fear may not be part of the grim and cold club?

Seems like a lot of extra work sorting out bands into the grim and fake lists.
I suppose when you reach a certain age you can't be bothered with that anymore, too busy with kids and a bitchy wife yelling at you about yard work and gutter cleaning and fixing the doorbell.
ImBlueIBelieveICanDie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:
"Nothing to prove
Just a hellish rock'n roll freak
You call your metal black
It's just spastic lame and weak"

This.
Hey those lyrics are great and that's a cool song don't make fun of them. Darkthrone is always good. Support!
HotBlack

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hateful_Reality wrote:
Face it the hipsters have invaded the the genre and they aren't going anywhere for awhile. Burning Churches and telling Christians randomly to fuck off is a thing of the past. The future is PETA and fanatical VEGANism...unholy green metal is here (to stay?...we'll see). And besides no one can be as butt hurt as Fenriz, Varg Vikernes, Snorre Ruch etc... think how badly they feel. Look how many bands have ripped their sound off and carried their names into the abyss(according to them). Fuck it... it was a cesspool then, it is a cesspool now! ultimately nothing changes but the effect.

Once you've taken everything away from something that makes "it" what "it is"... it's not "it" anymore... so these bands are not BM, they are something new... so someone needs to coin a term for this new sub-genre of hipster-music-with-bm-gothic-vampire-influences-*insert more here*... then you can ridicule, whorship, ride the fence pole or choose to ignore it to your hearts content. Once it has a name and pigeon-holed, all the butt-hurt "what are you doing to my BM" tears can dry up.
Ough

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these 'NOTHING BEYOND PANZERFAUST' nerds can fuck off. how the hell can you deny even the very first riff of 'the cult is alive' etc.
multicide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of the "punk" version of this band but I agree that I could listen to their new style over most Incantation/Darkthrone clones that are out today. Even Ravishing Grimness has grown on me over the years and is much more enjoyable than a lot of hyped modern bands.
Ough

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"punkthrone" is a farce anyway, they've never been punk... always metal. Just because they start incorporating d-beat doesn't make a band 'punk'
pentfixion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
All these 'NOTHING BEYOND PANZERFAUST' nerds can fuck off. how the hell can you deny even the very first riff of 'the cult is alive' etc.

Didn't agree with all the criticisms of 'The Cult Is Alive' back when it came out and after I had listened to it myself. Seemed to have everything essential to a good Darkthrone album, still find a lot of the riffs from that one getting stuck in my head. Also that album didn't sound anymore "punk" than anything else they had released before, haha. Some people would have you believe that you're about to listen to a fucking album of Discharge covers or something but it ends up as more of a Motorhead inspired sound.
Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with the last two posters. It seem some people have a mental lock when it comes to listening to bands which did not keep doing what they wanted to do. I mean, sure I can understand someone disliking newer Darkthrone, but thinking it's worthless? Have you got ears or anything?

edit: not the two posters above me, the other two.
samsquanch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

17 pages and no one has even heard a single note from this album. Congratulations.
pentfixion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsquanch wrote:
17 pages and no one has even heard a single note from this album. Congratulations.

well these threads always double as a general discussion topic about the band, which mostly consists of complaining
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 17 of 37

Jump to: