P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Favorite "wtf" moments in metal songs...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skeletor666

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite "wtf" moments in metal songs... Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
Bathory's "pace til death": the 'neener neener neener' guitar riff

Laughing was listening to this in the car the other day and all i could think was "quorthon ,you fucking retard for doing that."
Abgrund

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLAGMAUR - Will Sher Svain 3:40 Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWHGrwRWafc

STAAAAAAAARTEE DAS VERDAMMTE SPIEL DU HURENSOHN! MACH HINNE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0
Death Strike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abgrund wrote:
SLAGMAUR - Will Sher Svain 3:40 Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWHGrwRWafc

STAAAAAAAARTEE DAS VERDAMMTE SPIEL DU HURENSOHN! MACH HINNE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0

THAT is confusing. Sort of takes the edge off the rest of the album, which is potent enough.
Steken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda worthless trivia: That "neener neener neener" thing in Pace 'till Death is used in a Swedish children's taunt -- "du kan inte ta mig", meaning "you can't catch me."
Death Strike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A part that always makes me laugh - in a pleasant derailed-rollercoster-sort-of-way - is the drumming in the first break in "Total destruction" by Bathory. WHAT does that guy think he is doing?
ADK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, YT-sample fail @ Slagmaur.
Death Strike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
Kinda worthless trivia: That "neener neener neener" thing in Pace 'till Death is used in a Swedish children's taunt -- "du kan inte ta mig", meaning "you can't catch me."

A more famous paraphrase would be the chorus of "Do you really want me?" off the first Robyn album. Now we're knee-deep in Swedish pop culture trivia.
Candlemass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That rap bit on Disharmonic Orchestra's "The Return of the Living Beat". Laughing
Steken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Strike wrote:
Steken wrote:

A more famous paraphrase would be the chorus of "Do you really want me?" off the first Robyn album. Now we're knee-deep in Swedish pop culture trivia.

Hahahaha, holy fucking balls, I had never thought of that! And I remember a time when you couldn't go down to the store for a Piggelin without hearing that song at least six times...!
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
Death Strike wrote:
Steken wrote:

Hahahaha, holy fucking balls, I had never thought of that! And I remember a time when you couldn't go down to the store for a Piggelin without hearing that song at least six times...!

Some things I do not want to be reminded of! Really want a Piggelin now.

Agree on the Bathory song.
And Disgusting Semla.
I also remember the first time I listened to Ad Hominems split Purification with the French hip hop intro on Total Volkermord. Blew my mind.
Vegeta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:

we also have that taunt here in Denmark, though I dont think we have lyrics for it- you just sneer "NA NA NA, NA NA, NAAA" and maybe finish of with "dumbfuck"

blewcheer wrote:
I prefer to mosh in my banana costume to Mütiilation alone at home, as god intended.
A.P.N

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The banjo part on Taake's Myr @ 3:20 was pretty wtf at first listen. Not that it is too bad tho. I actually find it pretty hilarious.
gasskammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

banjo parts in Lugubrum is best!
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegeta wrote:
Steken wrote:

we also have that taunt here in Denmark, though I dont think we have lyrics for it- you just sneer "NA NA NA, NA NA, NAAA" and maybe finish of with "dumbfuck"

Funny to see that "na na na na na naaa" is more universal than I would have expected. Kids definitely say that in the US. Usually followed by a random taunt.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
Death Strike wrote:
Steken wrote:

In 1990, in an interview for a Finnish rock magazine Rumba, Quorthon talked about the image vs. real life. He said that (translation by me);
Quote:
On our previous album there's a song called Pace 'till Death. I tried to include some humour into it. I started the song with a childrens rhyme and one part in the lyrics goes "mirror mirror on the wall/I'm the fastest of 'em all". I was certain that everyone would understand that I'm not completely serious with it. But no! People complained that "why you have that stupid part in the beginning, that's stolen from some Venom song, ain't it?". Then it dawned on me that people are not just stupid, they are beyond stupid.

In another interview he said that
Quote:
Actually, that line you came up with from "Pace `Til Death" was me making fun of the competition - who is the fastest of them all? Some people didn´t take it as a joke. They thought we were serious.

None of this will of course change the wtf-feeling you get when listening to it, but maybe you can see it as Quorthon's IQ test. Wink

Turning by Xysma has a last line (3.06-3.10) that might be hard for hardliners to swallow ;
http://youtu.be/bh7DmUCQ-Qo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: