P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Sepultura "Arise" rough mix, have you heard it?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dildo shop burglar



Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 317
Location: oslo by night

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Sepultura "Arise" rough mix, have you heard it? Reply with quote



I remember hearing about this thing years ago, and while I was listening to the drum outtakes on the "Beneath the remains" reissue I started to wonder, how "rough" could the BRAZILIAN WAX "Arise" version really be? So, i ask:

WHO
has heard it?
WHO
has a vinyl rip?
_________________
Code:

         WOEFUL PEOPLE
      /| ________________
O|===|* >________________>
      \|
         W/ PALE FACES
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boogs



Joined: 18 Nov 2010
Posts: 356
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never heard it myself but I was always under the impression that it's the Scott Burns mix of the album which is near identical to the final mix. The 2003 reissue has Desperate Cry in that mix, nothing extremely different.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The_Elite



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Posts: 2686
Location: London

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of these are on the Roots Of Sepultura 2cd that came out some years ago. Can't remember them sounding that different.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 5836
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might still have a CDR of it which was made by friend who has this LP.
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
To buy lots of die hards, see them ebayed before you, and hear the lamentations of NWN.


"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dildo shop burglar



Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 317
Location: oslo by night

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
some of these are on the Roots Of Sepultura 2cd that came out some years ago. Can't remember them sounding that different.


Never even realized that this thing exists, definitely looking into it. Thanks!
_________________
Code:

         WOEFUL PEOPLE
      /| ________________
O|===|* >________________>
      \|
         W/ PALE FACES
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darkdescentrecords



Joined: 25 Nov 2009
Posts: 2687

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dildo shop burglar wrote:
The_Elite wrote:
some of these are on the Roots Of Sepultura 2cd that came out some years ago. Can't remember them sounding that different.


Never even realized that this thing exists, definitely looking into it. Thanks!


dildo, you should be able to find it pretty easily. I only really point this out because I wanted to call you dildo. Cool
_________________
http://www.darkdescentrecords.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Perverted Necrofucker



Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 355
Location: Germany Bayreuth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
never heard it myself but I was always under the impression that it's the Scott Burns mix of the album which is near identical to the final mix. The 2003 reissue has Desperate Cry in that mix, nothing extremely different.


Yes, not really a big difference.
_________________
medarov wrote:
After a few minutes of beating the door, I just went back, took some spray and drew swastika on their door. .



GOOD TRADERS : Vandreren , black sun, Kelkum, Gravelander , Division Lycanthrop, goat_lord, Kakarot SS5, S.P.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ADB



Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 2335
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitars are a little louder, drums are a little quieter (from memory anyway) fuck all difference overall though
_________________
Ignivomous merch: abaddon_963[at]hotmail.com
Whitehorse Bandcamp
Voidchrist Bandcamp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Speerhead



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 1020

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Sepultura "Arise" rough mix, have you heard it Reply with quote

dildo shop burglar wrote:
the drum outtakes on the "Beneath the remains" reissue


off topic, but those are quite possibly the shittest bonus tracks ever on a reissue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dildo shop burglar



Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 317
Location: oslo by night

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Sepultura "Arise" rough mix, have you heard it Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
dildo shop burglar wrote:
the drum outtakes on the "Beneath the remains" reissue


off topic, but those are quite possibly the shittest bonus tracks ever on a reissue.


Diff'rent strokes I guess, I would much rather listen to those than the finished record. Would by the fuck out of a release with the entire thing in that format.
_________________
Code:

         WOEFUL PEOPLE
      /| ________________
O|===|* >________________>
      \|
         W/ PALE FACES
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Speerhead



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 1020

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Sepultura "Arise" rough mix, have you heard it Reply with quote

dildo shop burglar wrote:
Speerhead wrote:
dildo shop burglar wrote:
the drum outtakes on the "Beneath the remains" reissue


off topic, but those are quite possibly the shittest bonus tracks ever on a reissue.


Diff'rent strokes I guess, I would much rather listen to those than the finished record. Would by the fuck out of a release with the entire thing in that format.


Weren't they just the drum tracks with some scratchy guide guitar?? I got rid of my reissue and bought an original pressing so I didn't have to listen to them every time I left the CD on. I like hearing demo & rehearsal versions (e.g the bonus tracks on Carpathian Wolves), but those were pointless as I remember.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
speedway



Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Posts: 173
Location: judecca

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that Lp, no big differences...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group