P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Horna
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Werwolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:

I wonder if the remix of Sudentaival will ever happen which Shatraug mentioned on one interview. As it's current form it sounds like shit.

Years ago we made inquiries about the possibility to remix the album, but it wasn't possible at least at that time, I might have to ask Mr. Kippo again if he has exhumed the original ADAT tapes or if they even exist anymore.

It's a fact that the triggered drums make the album sound quite unnatural, especially in blasting parts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Deadlove

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
The way Haudankylmyyden Mailla should have sounded like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ANQugcNCo8

Quality of releases varies from surprisingly good to entirely forgettable. I think the band was more appealing when I first discovered them, nowadays I can't really stand the whole oversaturated, domesticated finnish black metal thing which means having to ignore some two dozen generic bands. I still check out some releases even if they don't exactly make a lasting impression (like the last Behexen album, what happened?!), but in all honesty, we do pale in comparison to our western neighbours.

PS. The best Finnish black metal release may just be Kyprian's Circle - Noitatulen Vartija MCD.

The KYPRIAN'S CIRCLE MCD is very underrated.
Werwolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadlove wrote:

The KYPRIAN'S CIRCLE MCD is very underrated.

Yet soon very much reissued on Werewolf records.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
I've heard a few songs from random Horna releases and they have all been "ok." The size of their discography has pretty much kept me from digging into the band any further.

Mike believe me check the masterpiece that is "Pimeyden Hehku", and you will regret you hadnt jumped on it while it had remained available for some months...
HORNA's strongest material IMO, pinnacle of dirty raw BM with a gravel voice without reverb whatsoever, a very meagre and weak distortion making the guitars sound DIRTY AS FUCK yet powerful. Slightly dissonant too and KILLER riffs all the way through. Perfect in yer face fuck off Black Metal.

Awesomeness right there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHoZmvnrQpQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Dusted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not the biggest fan on record,but live they are quit excellent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: