P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Problem with IMPETUOUS RITUAL on tape.......................

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Descension

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Problem with IMPETUOUS RITUAL on tape....................... Reply with quote

Is anyone's else's copy fucked with a sample of a track looping OVER the audio through both sides? It sounds like shit.
Doom-Mantia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my tape has always sounded like it had a weird skipping sound. i can't exactly identify if it's the same sort of issue though but each time i listened i thought something sounded wrong. it almost sounds like it's a sort of skipping loop of a symbol/high pitched sound and sometimes almost like the turntable skip sounds a DJ would make, or that backwards playing at the beginning of Morbid Angel's 'Immortal Rites'. my whole tape sounds like shit though, all instruments sound like they skip and the vocals are barely audible. maybe i got the remixed version by Combichrist or something

the morbid angel song i was referring to, hence the beginning effects that sound similar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmOYSH_LjF4

Last edited by Doom-Mantia on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could dub over the tape with the same audio minus the sample loop to rectify the issue? As in take the rip from the CD version and dub it directly onto the tape.
Descension

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom-Mantia wrote:
my tape has always sounded like it had a weird skipping sound. i can't exactly identify if it's the same sort of issue though but each time i listened i thought something sounded wrong. it almost sounds like it's a sort of skipping loop of a symbol/high pitched sound and sometimes almost like the turntable skip sounds a DJ would make, or that backwards playing at the beginning of Morbid Angel's 'Immortal Rites'. my whole tape sounds like shit though, all instruments sound like they skip and the vocals are barely audible. maybe i got the remixed version by Combichrist or something

the morbid angel song i was referring to, hence the beginning effects that sound similar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmOYSH_LjF4

Yes, this is the sound I'm referring to. I'm just curious to know if the entire pressing sounds like this...
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmaLurra wrote:
You could dub over the tape with the same audio minus the sample loop to rectify the issue? As in take the rip from the CD version and dub it directly onto the tape.

They should have just put a blank tape in the box with a note saying 'tape the cd lol' in that case.
Doom-Mantia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
Yes, this is the sound I'm referring to. I'm just curious to know if the entire pressing sounds like this...

yeah, i forget what distro i ordered from but i'm sure at this point it wouldn't matter if i tried to get another copy if it all sounds the same. probably just pick the vinyl up sometime instead. i listened to it again after seeing this thread and it was the same issue.
Bjorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first side of the tape is the album played backwards. The 2nd side should be normal.
iluvu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bjorn wrote:
The first side of the tape is the album played backwards. The 2nd side should be normal.

This.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: