P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Darkthrone in 2013 "The Underground Resistance"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:

Hit the nail right on the head with this one. And what's wrong with that? Seems like it doesn't matter what this band does, those who are set on hating it will find something to pick on.

Do you fail to see the irony in your statement?

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
DSS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
DSS wrote:

Hit the nail right on the head with this one. And what's wrong with that? Seems like it doesn't matter what this band does, those who are set on hating it will find something to pick on.

Do you fail to see the irony in your statement?

Please elaborate oh wise one. Your opinion really matters to me.
My description of the song was:

Quote:
Some Mercyful Fate/King Diamond worship and done well imo.
Thrash Metal until about 2:55 mark where you start to hear that it actually is Darkthrone.

boca wrote:

Quote:
First part is like classic heavy/thrash stuff, second part of the song is more like old Darkthrone with some strange effect on vocals and last part is like most obvious Cetic Frost homage with "Tom G. Warrior" vocals in the history of all Darkthrone albums...

boca's description is simply more detailed than mine but pretty much same shit different pile. I agreed with his description and said that there is nothing wrong with the style they play.
You quoted me saying that I see nothing wrong with Darkthrone mixing Heavy/Thrash Metal with their signature sound. They always worshiped Celtic Frost and it is evident on their previous albums ("Panzerfaust" was a tribute to CF and they used CF riffs on that album).

What exactly are you trying to prove?
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you point out that those who dislike it will find something wrong with it while trying your hardest to pick any little thing to justify its existence. Seems you're retarded.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
DSS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
The fact that you point out that those who dislike it will find something wrong with it while trying your hardest to pick any little thing to justify its existence. Seems you're retarded.

Dislike what? Has anyone heard the whole album yet? Have you? Calling someone names does not explain your statement. Childish if you ask me. What do you think of the album? Shit, it's not out yet! Yet all those people hate it already. Based on what? I have a point, you don't. Simply put; album is not out yet and people hate it already. Those who want to hate the band/album will do so whether the album is good or not. Typical human nature I guess. I like that one song I heard but I have no opinion about the album yet. Have not heard the entire thing.

Once the album is out then people can dislike it for whatever reason. Right now everyone is guessing/predicting. Make sure you understand what you read first, then respond. "Think before you speak" as the old saying goes. You've been on my case for some time now and failed to prove whatever it is that you are trying to prove each time. Take a deep breath and relax. It's only the internet. No need to prove a point even if you think you have one bud. We're just talking about an upcoming album and you get all pissy. Read what other people say about the album and try to find some humor in it. It's quite entertaining how worked up some people get about artwork, song titles, etc. And you belong to that group of people, getting all worked up because you misunderstood what I said. It's like their favorite football or hockey team is losing a game with 3 seconds to go and they're hoping for a miracle. But deep down inside they know that it is what it is; their team sucked for the last 7 or 8 years. They played some good games but could not score that winning goal. Most of the time they played slightly below or above average. Some people stopped supporting the team and some stayed loyal hoping that one day........ Anyway, I'm getting off topic here.

I guess Slayer's next album will sound like Korn mixed with Slipknot. Not looking forward to it mate..... And don't even get me started about that album cover!
ADK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

OF COURSE Darkthrone always had Punk, Speed, Celtic Frost/Hellhammer, what-the-fuck-you-want influences. Nothing new, we all know that since many years.

It's also not that they made a Reggae album now, but that is not the point.

POINT is old albums were legendary, middle era was ok and post ca. 2005/06 just SUCKS. For whatever reason, they just fail at recording good songs with great lyrics for some years by now.

And Neo-DT fanboys are worse than the fanbases of Watain, Nargaroth and Ghost combined.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
It's also not that they made a Reggae album now

When comes 'Blazed Off Them Northern Lights' vinyl
treghet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
ADK wrote:
It's also not that they made a Reggae album now

When comes 'Blazed Off Them Northern Lights' vinyl

Laughing Best post in this thread.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darktoke
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DARKTHRONE does WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT and they have earned that privilege for sure.

BOTTOM LINE:

- they are a METAL band playing METAL
- they are better than 99% of the shit bands that get JOCKED HARD on this board
- they wrote the book on BLACK METAL from 1992 onward
- they have influenced EVERY SINGLE BLACK METAL BAND THAT CAME AFTER THEIR 2nd RECORD

SUCK IT HATERS!

MCSATANIC
NYC
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:
DARKTHRONE does WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT and they have earned that privilege for sure.

BOTTOM LINE:

- they have influenced EVERY SINGLE BLACK METAL BAND THAT CAME AFTER THEIR 2nd RECORD

SUCK IT HATERS!

MCSATANIC
NYC

You make some solid points but lol at "HATERS" Laughing
Kojiri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkthrone are the Be Sharps of Black Metal.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
nileppez

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:

BOTTOM LINE:

SUCK IT HATERS!

MCSATANIC
NYC

End your life.
Dostojanstvenik

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be the most prudent course of action Laughing
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
Rolling Eyes

It's also not that they made a Reggae album now, but that is not the point.

Exactly. It's not a "drastic" change in their style, it's still Darkthrone. It's not like they sound like Dimmu Borgir now. It's still dirty and raw. How many bands have remained the same after 20+ years in existence and 16 albums under their belt? I don't expect another "Under a Funeral Moon" (my fave Darkthrone album) but another average Darkthrone album. Hopefully 4 out of the 6 songs will be good. The album will be 41:41 long which is perfect for a Black Metal LP imho. I am curious to see/hear what the finished song "Leave No Cross Unturned" will sound like. It is listed to be 13:49 long, the teaser was 6:53.
Dail

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Underground Resistance is the sound of Darkthrone writing classic and triumphant Heavy Metal. The punk influence is gone for the most part. This is pure, unbridled, powerful Heavy Metal.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 28 of 37

Jump to: