P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Teitanblood
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

favorite release
Black Putrescence of Evil
12%
 12%  [ 15 ]
Seven Chalices
73%
 73%  [ 85 ]
Woven Black Arteries
13%
 13%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 116

Xeniteia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't had the opportunity to listen to it, but I'd take it if I had. But among the mass of all records released these days, even if avoiding the previsible crap, one has to make a choice a priori. I have nor have the time nor the money nor the friends near enough to listen to lots of records these days, so choices have to be made. Not to add my natural tendency to listen again and again to albums I like a lot. Not to add that having at home a few thousand records, originals and dubs alike, make that you listen firstly to what you have on hand...

Do I have to continue?

By the way, what's the point of reviews in zines then?
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably could have listened to a Teitanblood song or two in the time it took you to read and post in this thread.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I just did. I had a IANVA CD playing while reading this thread and posting...

Hum, some tracks are good, some your usual chaotic Death-Metal. The lyrics aren't badly written but the themes begin to be boring even if there's a bit of personnality at least.

I may buy the Seven Chalices CD which seems to host the best tracks of those I've heard. However, I won't promise it will stay for long at home. Contrary to these IANVA CDs I just got.
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
That's what I just did. I had a IANVA CD playing while reading this thread and posting...

Hum, some tracks are good, some your usual chaotic Death-Metal. The lyrics aren't badly written but the themes begin to be boring even if there's a bit of personnality at least.

I may buy the Seven Chalices CD which seems to host the best tracks of those I've heard. However, I won't promise it will stay for long at home. Contrary to these IANVA CDs I just got.

Please let us know ASAP what you think of TTB! I can't wait to read your opinion! I sincerely hope you'll keep the CD a little though, it would cause the band a great deal of problems and depression if you throw it away.

NOT taking the time to listen to a band that is greatly praised IS pretentious. Like you're such an anticonfoooormist you crazy élite you

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you're quite stupid too. I got many many good records, some of which are appreciated by others, you know.

My tastes aren't the main point here. The point is the use of superlatives, again and again. If one listens to them, these albums beat The Return or DMDS... Sorry, they don't! And in the particular case of TEITANBLOOD, I may appreciate their records, but when it comes to chaotic Black/Death-Metal, Evil Shall Prevail, among others, stills stands stronger.

EDIT : When will someone say that their "orthodox qliphotic" DM band is better than DEICIDE's Legion or MORBID ANGEL's first four records?

Last edited by Xeniteia on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what Xeniteia means is that people use heavy words of praise for new bands a little too freely, making it harder to tell which bands are really deserving and which ones are just flavors of the month. I didn't think he was particularly attacking Teitanblood.

I agree with this, although I'm guilty of it too. It's hard to resist being enthusiastic when a new band kicks your ass, but often there are regrets when I do that, hahaha. I frequently wish I hadn't moved so quickly to say good words about a record.

Finally, Seven Chalices is great. Buying it is a no brainer especially since you pretty much get Davthvs 4 right along with it. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: