P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bands you never gave a fuck about
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLASPHEMY and any other bestial war metal bands.

I know I know, I might be on wrong forum then, but just dont get that genre. Usually I skip any record with black & white drawing and red logo. Sometimes I try and wanted to like fex that new BESTIAL RAIDS cd but after few listens, let it go.

Closest thing that I really like is REVENGE.

[EDIT] Just remembered that liked DAMAAR demo. Have to give it more spins and maybe it opens some new doors
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:

I know I know, I might be on wrong forum then, but just dont get that genre. Usually I skip any record with black & white drawing and red logo.

Carlzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrosathanas wrote:
Some people in this thread should really be burned and died.

Fixed.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:

I know I know, I might be on wrong forum then, but just dont get that genre. Usually I skip any record with black & white drawing and red logo.

Morbid Angel, my fave-to-hate death metal band Wink

Actually I could start how shitty US way of doing death metal is compared to swedish/finnish/UK way. And MA is great example of those ultratechnical riffing I cant stand...
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being burned and died might actually be too good for some people in this thread considering that last post...

Valgrinder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
Being burned and died might actually be too good for some people in this thread considering that last post...

OMG, are you trying to say that my opinion was like... wrong opinion...?
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

OMG, are you trying to say that my opinion was like... wrong opinion...?

Very astute.

Xeniteia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:
And MA is great example of those ultratechnical riffing I cant stand...

Is this what MA were to begin with? And, as far as I remember, Left Hand Path maybe didn't offet technical riffing but isn't exactly crude, simple and raw Death-Metal too...
nileppez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, people who say this 'shall be burned' shall be burned. Nothing is gayer than admitting to like something you don't because of community pressure, even worse is fooling yourself that you enjoy this, finally 'got' the music. I don't believe there exists a person who honestly doesn't hold a dislike for even 1 'cult' album.
And yes, I know people who don't care much about VENOM or BATHORY and would never go to call them tasteless / gay.
iggnsthe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:

Morbid Angel, my fave-to-hate death metal band Wink

Actually I could start how shitty US way of doing death metal is compared to swedish/finnish/UK way. And MA is great example of those ultratechnical riffing I cant stand...

Seconded, definitely could never get behind Floridian death metal at all, completely inferior.

And yeah, this whole ancestor worship/reductionist "Thing X starts here, so you have to respect them as the progenitors" argument is very silly. Lots of bands have influences, sure, but so did those bands, and so on, and so on. It's as silly as claiming that you have to respect punk for the influence that it had on metal to spawn thrash which led to black and death metal etc. etc. There's nothing defining or sanctified about the one arbitrary point in history you choose to stop at and revere, save for the fact that it's the one you like/found first. So, no, there's nothing particularly special about Venom, Bathory, Blasphemy, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Bach, whatever completely arbitrary point one wishes to stop at that makes it inherently essential/defining for a genre. It's very possible to regard what came later as eclipsing or improving what came before (we've certainly come a long way since punk music and blues, for instance...).
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is here that there are influencial bands that had a huge influence on the subculture we're part of. Even if we don't like what they do/did.

For example, I never really liked KISS, but I won't deny how much they influenced Metal, especially in the US.

Not to add that this thread is about "bands you don't care" and became about "cult bands you don't like", as a previous poster noticed. What is it now? Saying that DSO is more important to Black-Metal than BATHORY was, or write again the history of Death-Metal in light of all these raw, crude and simple DM that's on the spot nowadays?

Maybe it's the way 20yo see extreme Metal. 36 yo old people like me most often don't, even if they appreciate newer bands too.

The person who associated all the "I_LOVE_PENIS" bands to BLASPHEMY that came at least 10 years before the thing ever started get it all wrong and simply show no serious understanding of the history of Metal, tastes apart. One doesn't have to be a know-it-all and to read every Snakepit issue to have a decent understanding of this history.

Ignorance isn't a crime. Mix it with arrogance, and it becomes one.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid Angel and Deicide alone rape most of Swedish Death Metal. Swedeath is overrated and redundant (aside from the obvious greats), only a few of underground bands had something to add to the scene. Most just played shitty DM and added a "buzzsaw" sound or played gay, melodic crap.
Also, is Demilich and Adramelech not "technical"? Do they suck as well? Rolling Eyes
iggnsthe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
Morbid Angel and Deicide alone rape most of Swedish Death Metal. Swedeath is overrated and redundant (aside from the obvious greats), only a few of underground bands had something to add to the scene. Most just played shitty DM and added a "buzzsaw" sound or played gay, melodic crap.
Also, is Demilich and Adramelech not "technical"? Do they suck as well? Rolling Eyes

Ehh... Demilich aren't really that technical. They use some odd time stuff and weird sounding scales, but the majority of their material isn't exactly what I'd call overly complex. Certainly not comparable to the buzzy faffing about that Morbid Angel do, which I don't care for at all.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Done with this thread.
Also, where is NK7? Laughing
iggnsthe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Done with this thread.
Also, where is NK7? Laughing

Still banned, presumably. Bye-bye, now! Always nice to have an announcement declaring your departure, really lets us know how little you care that you should say it publicly. ;3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: