P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

RESULTS to music spending habits survey (289 completed).
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think most underground maniacs cannot guess at an average. I know i won't. I spend a lot one month to then not spend more than $20-30 the next. Depends on when something really good turns up.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be very easy to spend 1000+ a month on metal and metal related products between cd's, LP's, hoodies, shirts, concerts, beer, pussy, and of course internet service to come here and share all this insightful commentary.

But who the fuck can do that monthly? I mean, pussy alone is costly and that trumps any LP unless of course it's a really rare LP, then that pussy needs to be magic.

Occasionally you have to be a rebel and pay a ticket too which blows, but it's all part of the scene you know?
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true. That's why I included how much you would considerspending for a new standard release (obviously not lavishly presented like die-hards etc).

Sadly surveys are limited, though feedback here will also be noted.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
But who the fuck can do that monthly? I mean, pussy alone is costly and that trumps any LP unless of course it's a really rare LP, then that pussy needs to be magic.

Teitanblood > Pussy?
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the case of pussy vs. LP I use VISA. Laughing
xray

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmaLurra wrote:
Average spend, It might be useful information too, on the whole, for pricing strategies etc. Or at least an indicator.

Indeed, although a question like "what do you think is a fair price for an LP" would have helped for that particular goal (which is probably outside the purview of your study). I mean, I know what I've spent on an LP, so obviously that's the maximum I'm willing to pay. But I also think that prices can be a bit inflated (due to greed, international exchange rates between distros, etc), and I certainly wasn't happy paying the high-end on a LP.

That said, good luck with the project. Smile
Bakeneko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who earns 100,000 per month and spends 1,000 on music related items ? Got two figures wrong ? I did the survey anyway.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xray wrote:
AmaLurra wrote:
Average spend, It might be useful information too, on the whole, for pricing strategies etc. Or at least an indicator.

Indeed, although a question like "what do you think is a fair price for an LP" would have helped for that particular goal (which is probably outside the purview of your study). I mean, I know what I've spent on an LP, so obviously that's the maximum I'm willing to pay. But I also think that prices can be a bit inflated (due to greed, international exchange rates between distros, etc), and I certainly wasn't happy paying the high-end on a LP.

That said, good luck with the project. Smile

I did try to bare-bones the answers to the 'how much would you spend' questions by doing it for very straightforward releases on each format. I understand that, if one has spent 100 on a vinyl, then that would perhaps be your upper limit though I also changed it so the questions are for new releases, therefore removing the inflated prices paid due to rare/OOP sales.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bakeneko wrote:
Who earns 100,000 per month and spends 1,000 on music related items ? Got two figures wrong ? I did the survey anyway.

It was just an example. My girlfriend thought it was a bit stupid for an example but it's the first thing that popped into my head. It just demonstrates what I am trying to ask, I suppose.

Knowing how frugal I am even if I earned 100k a month I'd likely save most of it.
Cedric

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

done
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the survey. I don't set aside anything for musical purchases, most of my buys are on a whim!
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Currently only four people out of 72 have cassette as their most preferred choice of format. CD and vinyl are pretty much 50/50.

Shirts are by far the most common form of merchandise purchased.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirts the most common? jeez... hello downloading then, cause no doubt everyone has damn near heard everything Laughing

I feel like a fool if I wear a shirt of a band I don't own at least 80% of their discography.
To me if you are in a bands shirt, that suggests being a fan, and the number one sign of being a fan is actually owning the releases of said band.

A person in a plain blank pink shirt to me with all the albums is suggestive of being a bigger fan than just the dude with all the shirts of said band but no albums other than... digital downloading Laughing

yea, thats just a personal opinion. Pointless, but it's all I have since I'm broke and already blew this months budget, now all I have is words to share. NOW OBEY!
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Shirts the most common? jeez... hello downloading then, cause no doubt everyone has damn near heard everything Laughing

I feel like a fool if I wear a shirt of a band I don't own at least 80% of their discography.
To me if you are in a bands shirt, that suggests being a fan, and the number one sign of being a fan is actually owning the releases of said band.

A person in a plain blank pink shirt to me with all the albums is suggestive of being a bigger fan than just the dude with all the shirts of said band but no albums other than... digital downloading Laughing

yea, thats just a personal opinion. Pointless, but it's all I have since I'm broke and already blew this months budget, now all I have is words to share. NOW OBEY!

Currently wearing my Necrovomit shirt. I also had (before I sold them due to a lack of space when I moved) the Mefitic/Necrovomit split and the demos (both versions). I know what you mean about it feeling bizarre if you own a shirt but no releases of the band.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit, I spend a quarter of what I make on music. Time to chill out a bit. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: