P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

USPS postage increase Jan 27th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sell a lot of records through discogs and I'm finding more and more people in the line are consistently outraged by the postage rates, and yelling at the clerk like somehow it's their fault. I think they're always somewhat happy when I'm like "yeah sure whatever no problem ring it up" since I'm not actually paying.....

One of the girls working there is so fucking hot and efficient and the other is sow like and inept.... I'm always so annoyed when it's the stupid one on duty....
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:

I'm always so annoyed when it's the stupid one on duty....

Well now you know what you must do tomorrow and it appears you have chosen the one to do it to.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
holy ghost wrote:

I'm always so annoyed when it's the stupid one on duty....

Well now you know what you must do tomorrow and it appears you have chosen the one to do it to.

I would dearly love to... and then take the pretty Indian one as my second wife.... just kidding!! Who would want TWO WIVES Shocked
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm attempting to ship my first package tomorrow since the increases, and I had priced out the cost on the frickin' USPS site last night to give the guy a total to send. I based it on the 'online price' which as of last night was still available and like $20 for a 1lb 11oz package to Japan.

So the guy pays, and when I go to print some postage today the 'online price' is no longer available for a First Class International Parcel to Japan, and I can only ship it for $22.30 at the post office!? WTF?

I'd accepted the price increases, but what the hell is up with this kind of shit!? It's totally bizarre. Does anyone else actually use the USPS site to buy and or print postage? Am I missing something here? Here's what I'm talking about:

http://ircalc.usps.gov/Default.aspx?country=10214
DSS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Placed an order with HHR for an LP and a CD.
Shipping should be $11 + change (at least until last week).
Came out to be $21 + change.
No thanks. Order cancelled.
This sucks some rancid ass!
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outlaw-recordings wrote:
So I'm attempting to ship my first package tomorrow since the increases, and I had priced out the cost on the frickin' USPS site last night to give the guy a total to send. I based it on the 'online price' which as of last night was still available and like $20 for a 1lb 11oz package to Japan.

So the guy pays, and when I go to print some postage today the 'online price' is no longer available for a First Class International Parcel to Japan, and I can only ship it for $22.30 at the post office!? WTF?

I'd accepted the price increases, but what the hell is up with this kind of shit!? It's totally bizarre. Does anyone else actually use the USPS site to buy and or print postage? Am I missing something here? Here's what I'm talking about:

You can only pay for domestic, international priority & international express at the USPS website. If you want to print international 1st class postage, you have to subscribe to a service like Endicia or Stamps.com. It's always been that way, I have no idea why.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
outlaw-recordings wrote:

You can only pay for domestic, international priority & international express at the USPS website. If you want to print international 1st class postage, you have to subscribe to a service like Endicia or Stamps.com. It's always been that way, I have no idea why.

Yeah, I knew it had been like that, but earlier this week after the rate change when I checked prices for this guy it showed/offered an 'online price' on the USPS site too! So I thought it had changed finally. But then they yanked it 24 hours later for some mysterious reason. Makes no sense. Oh well, guess I'll be losing a couple bucks on that order, but it's more interesting/annoying that they had it up there for a minute and then changed their minds. I felt like I was on a Seinfeld episode or something with the soup nazi:

"No, NO online postal rate savings for YOU!"[/b]
K-mart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent an LP to Germany on Jan 22,First Class International= $16.31
Sent an LP to France on Feb.2,First Class International=$24.15
Both packages were identical weight,1lb.12oz.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curious, has anyone mailed a single EP internationally under these new rates yet? without having to waste time packaging up an item, taking it to the post office just for a quote, then making a second trip to ship after payment, it would be killer to get some insight before hand if possible. any info is appreciated!
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-mart wrote:

was this packaged in a standard U line mailer with inserts, or what? just curious what to expect. good informative post though!
Hellstrike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-mart wrote:

Shocked Confused That's very odd...
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck the post office, from now on I am personally driving to every vendor to personally pick up my order.
K-mart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
K-mart wrote:

was this packaged in a standard U line mailer with inserts, or what? just curious what to expect. good informative post though!

Yes,both were double boxed,nothing special,just standard LP mailers.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
curious, has anyone mailed a single EP internationally under these new rates yet? without having to waste time packaging up an item, taking it to the post office just for a quote, then making a second trip to ship after payment, it would be killer to get some insight before hand if possible. any info is appreciated!

Yup. $12.75 for 1 7".

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
mikelapocalipsis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shitĦĦĦ I have been reading some comments from this topic, , Can I understand, that International priority service didn´t rise much?

xyosefx wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:

Yup. $12.75 for 1 7".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 14 of 22

Jump to: