P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

FLOGA RECORDS: NOCTURNUS - ETHEREAL TOMB LP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLOGAREC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: FLOGA RECORDS: NOCTURNUS - ETHEREAL TOMB LP Reply with quote

FLOGA RECORDS

VERY PROUD ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE OF

NOCTURNUS - ETHEREAL TOMB LP

ON 31.05.2013!!!

Nocturnus were using keyboards to augment vitriolic, technical death metal in 1990 when most of their scene hardly knew what a keyboard was. Now, seven years since their last full-length, they're back together. Nocturnus have not kept themselves as drastically ahead of the game as they were a decade ago, but who could reasonably expect that? And who needs it when _Ethereal Tomb_ is such a convincing musical step for the band. Davis' and McNenney's guitars are no longer wildly technical but drivingly percussive. Having focused on creating film-soundtrack-like sci-fi atmospheres, Panzer's keyboards and new vocalist Emo Mowery's vocal performance have become the deciding elements in Nocturnus' sound. Panzer is allowed considerably more space to breathe, a fact particularly evidenced by the solo keyboard nature of last track "Outland", which is meant to capture the feel of the final credits of a film. _Ethereal Tomb_ is different, though not as much to my taste as _The Key_, and enjoyable of itself, not simply because it is one of my favourite death metal bands returning, seemingly, from the dead. For a band too long neglected and underrated it is a good re-entry into a scene they have so long been absent from. I expect even better things in the years to come. Nocturnus, welcome back.
Foto: FLOGA RECORDS VERY PROUD ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE OF NOCTURNUS - ETHEREAL TOMB LP ON 31.05.2013!!! Nocturnus were using keyboards to augment vitriolic, technical death metal in 1990 when most of their scene hardly knew what a keyboard was. Now, seven years since their last full-length, they're back together. Nocturnus have not kept themselves as drastically ahead of the game as they were a decade ago, but who could reasonably expect that? And who needs it when _Ethereal Tomb_ is such a convincing musical step for the band. Davis' and McNenney's guitars are no longer wildly technical but drivingly percussive. Having focused on creating film-soundtrack-like sci-fi atmospheres, Panzer's keyboards and new vocalist Emo Mowery's vocal performance have become the deciding elements in Nocturnus' sound. Panzer is allowed considerably more space to breathe, a fact particularly evidenced by the solo keyboard nature of last track "Outland", which is meant to capture the feel of the final credits of a film. _Ethereal Tomb_ is different, though not as much to my taste as _The Key_, and enjoyable of itself, not simply because it is one of my favourite death metal bands returning, seemingly, from the dead. For a band too long neglected and underrated it is a good re-entry into a scene they have so long been absent from. I expect even better things in the years to come. Nocturnus, welcome back.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to go back and listen to this album. At the time of its initial release I brushed it off as a bad album. It didn't help that Mike Browning isn't on it.

I hope you will at least fix the uber ugly album cover for this vinyl reissue. At least bring back the old logo.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Professor Black

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I remember this album being quite unconvincing too. Added to the "play" pile for reconsideration.
Blood Music

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will Earache put The Key out already? Goddamn. There is no point to waiting any longer, it would sell 500 copies in a day.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
Aaattaack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this album, looking forward to the vinyl.
Nebel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Music wrote:
When will Earache put The Key out already? Goddamn. There is no point to waiting any longer, it would sell 500 copies in a day.

I've understood that there might be a The Key/Thresholds DCD reissue if enough people bug Earache about Nocturnus reissues. No idea about the vinyl situation.

About the logo on Ethereal Tomb, it might be that Browning has the rights to the old logo, so Floga won't be able to use it.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I have to go back and listen to this album. At the time of its initial release I brushed it off as a bad album. It didn't help that Mike Browning isn't on it.

It's obviously sub par compared to the other two albums, sometimes it doesn't even sound like real Nocturnus to my ears. I wonder if this reissue was really that needed, the original can still be bought for fair prices.
abysmal.lord

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you what should get even more attention, would be the Incubus 1987 demo , got the original one. fucking masterpiece.
LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Music wrote:

This. I bought "Ethereal Tomb" when it came out and only listened to it twice. And the second time was to tape that to a friend...
eighthplague

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nebel wrote:
I've understood that there might be a The Key/Thresholds DCD reissue if enough people bug Earache about Nocturnus reissues. No idea about the vinyl situation.

Email address? I'll spam the everliving shit out of them.
Candlemass

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abysmal.lord wrote:
I tell you what should get even more attention, would be the Incubus 1987 demo , got the original one. fucking masterpiece.

Fuck yeah! I'd love to see this one reissued as mCD & 12''EP (yeah, no fucking 7'').

gromcrom wrote:
Other fails must listen instead homeless hiking gypsy of Darkthrones.
xr2m

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlemass wrote:
abysmal.lord wrote:

Fuck yeah! I'd love to see this one reissued as mCD & 12''EP (yeah, no fucking 7'').

Proselytism already reissued this on mCD in oversized packaging. Got a a copy last year and it looks and sounds great.
Nebel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Nebel wrote:

Email address? I'll spam the everliving shit out of them.

Using the webstore's "contact us" form should do it, I recommend contacting the American store, they seem more responsive. Write your request as the enquiry. They're saving all the e-mails they get about Nocturnus, so the more requests, the more likely this reissue will happen. EDIT: The reissue might be a 2CD box set rather than a DCD.
FLOGAREC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

insulter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF! This is DOOM 2013 cover? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: