P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Sargeist - The Rebirth Of A Cursed Existence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackMass wrote:
Antichrist Decimator wrote:
Let The Devil In is a Sausage Fest, but also a great album for people with clinic depression, I mean... Those happy riffs are the perfect Antidepressant for some miserable pals.

You seriously have a strange idea of what "happy" means in my opinion.
I wonder what is "happy" in Argentina Smile

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly blaming you or your tastes and I don't really feel the necessity to change your mind but although you may dislike it, LtDi has some of the most powerful and inspired european riffs of the last years.
Simply, it's not a style that conquers every country, leave it to us

I can understand what he means here... plain and simple, Let the Devil In was gay as fuck. I used to like much of the back catalog, but over time as I have discovered other acts, and evolved tastes, I have scaled back my enjoyment of Sargeist to Tyranny Returns tracks only. as for LtDI, of course I tried to like it seeing as I purchased and had a minor investment in it, but in the end, it was absolutely retarded and intolerable. horrible album across the board. if you need a reminder, just listen to the title track alone. absolutely horrible and corny... almost reminds me of horrid acts such as Nachtmystium, etc. it allowed me to sign off on Sargeist eternally.

LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! (yes this retarded ass chorus repeats itself 11x) are we really that uninspired?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IcFlZa4jz4

on topic... if this release has ancient tracks, it might be worth while to some, but wow that cover is horrid as many others have pointed out. as for comparisons to Transilvanian Hunger and Live in Leipzig, the vocalists (or primary artists) are featured on the covers, sure. but the similarities end there. we are comparing totaly tackiness across the board vs. eternal classics. also, Fenriz and Dead were not sausage fingered fatties either. even Meyhna'ch renounced the fatties. Shocked Laughing we are also comparing classic black/white BM release covers vs. absolutely tacky full color covers in making such comparisons

/end "trolling" matters of opinion
Antichrist Decimator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
BlackMass wrote:
Let The Devil In is a Sausage Fest, but also a great album for people with clinic depression, I mean... Those happy riffs are the perfect Antidepressant for some miserable pals.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly blaming you or your tastes and I don't really feel the necessity to change your mind but although you may dislike it, LtDi has some of the most powerful and inspired european riffs of the last years.

I can understand what he means here... plain and simple, Let the Devil In was gay as fuck. I used to like much of the back catalog, but over time as I have discovered other acts, and evolved tastes, I have scaled back my enjoyment of Sargeist to Tyranny Returns tracks only. as for LtDI, of course I tried to like it seeing as I purchased and had a minor investment in it, but in the end, it was absolutely retarded and intolerable. horrible album across the board. if you need a reminder, just listen to the title track alone. absolutely horrible and corny... almost reminds me of horrid acts such as Nachtmystium, etc. it allowed me to sign off on Sargeist eternally.

LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! LET THE DEVIL IN! (yes this retarded ass chorus repeats itself 11x) are we really that uninspired?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IcFlZa4jz4

on topic... if this release has ancient tracks, it might be worth while to some, but wow that cover is horrid as many others have pointed out. as for comparisons to Transilvanian Hunger and Live in Leipzig, the vocalists (or primary artists) are featured on the covers, sure. but the similarities end there. we are comparing totaly tackiness across the board vs. eternal classics. also, Fenriz and Dead were not sausage fingered fatties either. even Meyhna'ch renounced the fatties. Shocked Laughing we are also comparing classic black/white BM release covers vs. absolutely tacky full color covers in making such comparisons

/end "trolling" matters of opinion

Amen!.
Travis N.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
Are people not understanding that this isn't a new album but a compilation of older songs?!

I didn't read the first post entirely. Too bad it's a compilation.

http://www.aterrerecords.blogspot.com

http://aterre.bigcartel.com
Antichrist Decimator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackMass wrote:

This is Happy --------------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlSG6GUbsuU

And this is the true Sargeist, putrid melancholy, sordid evil, possessed atmosphere ----------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueT33HhBB_o
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked WOW. while I was never a big follower of Nargaroth, I can now understand how this guy was almost laughed out of existence (between this music, the talk show appearance dressed like a complete faggot to promote individual "fashion", and subsequent sore cry baby rant videos featuring BM relics being destroyed due to the backlash from previously mentioned. oh yeah, and being a bullshitter too) this is REALLY bad. this track might actually trump let the devil in
Antichrist Decimator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:

Shocked Shocked WOW. while I was never a big follower of Nargaroth, I can now understand how this guy was almost laughed out of existence (between this music, the talk show appearance dressed like a complete faggot to promote individual "fashion", and subsequent sore cry baby rant videos featuring BM relics being destroyed due to the backlash from previously mentioned. oh yeah, and being a bullshitter too) this is REALLY bad. this track might actually trump let the devil in

The first time I heard this Nargaroth song find it hilarious, but with Let The Devil In, I just puke over the gayness of the album, I don't know what happened with this guys, maybe they find a girlfriend; which influence those rainbow happy riffs.
skaven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this... I've probably never before laughed out loud so bad to a black metal song. Laughing
Antichrist Decimator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaven wrote:
Thanks for this... I've probably never before laughed out loud so bad to a black metal song. Laughing

Hehe, believe me, you're not the only one Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Beware: That song can cause involuntary dance movements.
skaven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What comes to "Let the Devil In", though, I don't see it as a happy kind of album in any way... It simply follows the particular style of Shatraug's songwriting (that perhaps began somewhere in 2005 on Horna's "Envaatnags...") which incorporates lots of epic melancholy within otherwise rough black metal. The only difference is that "Let the Devil In" is made almost 100% of that 'epicness', dispensing with all roughness, which makes the album a rather dull listen, frankly speaking. So it's in no way my favourite Sargeist album either.

Oh and I can assure you that Shatraug is quite past the age of "finding a girlfriend and turning soft"... Wink
Antichrist Decimator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaven wrote:
Oh and I can assure you that Shatraug is quite past the age of "finding a girlfriend and turning soft"... Wink

Don't take everything I say literally my friend, the "find a girlfriend" comment was an obvious sarcasm.
And for me, the riffs in Let The Devil In are totally cheesy, but that's it.
If people enjoy it, good for them, If I don't like it, good for me.
Dostojanstvenik

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's good for me, that good is
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here I thought I was the only one who thought "Let the Devil In" was really cheesy and not all that great.
Cacique

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

00:29 ONLY BLACK METAL REGGAETON IS REAL! FTW!
BlutUndKrieg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themanzig3000 wrote:
Looks cool, but it appears I still need to pick up the Funeral Elegy split, as it looks like those tracks aren't on this comp.

Speaking of the Funeral Elegy split has anyone else ever noticed that the track "Hungering Thirst" is the same exact and identical song/recording as Horna's "Ordo Regnum Satanas" track? What the fuck is up with that!
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I heard this Nargaroth song find it hilarious, but with Let The Devil In, I just puke over the gayness of the album, I don't know what happened with this guys, maybe they find a girlfriend

Laughing

This post is everything I love about NWN. I mean, where else on Earth do you find a place with people from fucking Argentina (do they even know metal there, thought tango was all they listened to) complaining that some Sargeist dude found a girl and isn't kvlt satan any longer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: