P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Venom - At War with Satan/Possessed era.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so much talk of possessed, but i'm disappointed theres no love here for Hellchild, probably one of my favorite venom jams for the past couple years from this period. Rip ride is another awesome song, but i have not listened this album is years, time for a change!
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellchild is a great track. The whole Possessed album is killer if you ask me.

The die hard ep is another release from them that really dosn't see enough attention. Those 3 songs are untouchable.
Necrosathanas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always had a hunch that people keet the first three killer and then left Possessed without attention. In my opinion, At War With Satan is still a killer album though not as good as the first 2. Possessed on the other hand, is the last good Venom album though it is just decent.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure. I can't get into metal black or hell at all what so ever... has way too much of a groove metal feel to it (pantera, machine head) all that crap. I think even cronos admited to drawing some influence from Slipknot around the time Metal Black came out....... Confused

Havn't listened to Fallen Angels yet... kinda scared too haha
Final Holocaust

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
so much talk of possessed, but i'm disappointed theres no love here for Hellchild, probably one of my favorite venom jams for the past couple years from this period. Rip ride is another awesome song, but i have not listened this album is years, time for a change!

8th reply.

There's no doubt, that 'Die Hard' maxi is pure gold, and "Bursting out" one of their highlights, but my favourite one must be that 'Manitou' one. Anyway, I'd pick up any of their maxis before the full-length albums, even if 'Welcome to Hell' is one of the albums of my life.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Holocaust wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:

8th reply.

There's no doubt, that 'Die Hard' maxi is pure gold, and "Bursting out" one of their highlights, but my favourite one must be that 'Manitou' one. Anyway, I'd pick up any of their maxis before the full-length albums, even if 'Welcome to Hell' is one of the albums of my life.

What did you think of "Nightmare"?
Lord_Soth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At War With Satan is definitely number 1 for me when it comes to Venom. Possessed was good, but it was easy to tell their reign was coming to an end. Didnt care for them much after that, up until their latest release, Fallen Angels, which I thought was pretty good.

This is really all I need from Venom, though I would like to get the originals soon:
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord_Soth wrote:
At War With Satan is definitely number 1 for me when it comes to Venom. Possessed was good, but it was easy to tell their reign was coming to an end. Didnt care for them much after that, up until their latest release, Fallen Angels, which I thought was pretty good.

This is really all I need from Venom, though I would like to get the originals soon:

I still havn't bothered with Fallen Angels yet.. maybe one day haha. I heard the track Punks not dead and it didnt sound good at all.
Lord_Soth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
I still havn't bothered with Fallen Angels yet.. maybe one day haha. I heard the track Punks not dead and it didnt sound good at all.

Thats actually the only song I didnt care for on it, hahaha.
Black Mass Hysteria

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both At War With Satan and Possessed are excellent. I listen to At War... more often, but as already mentioned, Possessed has some killer tracks.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha nice. I've heard the recent line up puts on a pretty damn good show. If they come around the states again I would go see them for sure.

But nothing will ever beat the classic 1980 1985 line up... end of fucking story.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cast in Stone is fucking excellent. Just wanted to stop by and say that.
Necrosathanas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:

But nothing will ever beat the classic 1980 1985 line up... end of fucking story.

This. Anyways, I'm glad their current live condition is supposedly pretty good, of course I will go to see them when they hit Finland just to see Venom for the first time ever, it is VENOM after all.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
quietus wrote:
ADK wrote:
"At War With Satan".

After that, they split up and luckily never reunited.

They did Cast in Stone in 97 which was a good album as well.

Cast in Stone fucking rules. That album deserves waaaay more credit than it gets. It has one shitty song on it, "Destroyed & Damned". Even then, it's only the first half that sucks. Sounds like they were trying to be Metallica.

Cast in Stone F U C K I N G K I L L S.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Final Holocaust

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
Final Holocaust wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:

8th reply.

What did you think of "Nightmare"?
Missing on my collection. Still the title-track and its video are fucken CLASSICK and that catchy chorus shreds... Plus the artwork is sick....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: