P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

AT THE GATES
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which...
The Red in the Sky Is Ours
38%
 38%  [ 32 ]
With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
Terminal Spirit Disease
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Slaughter of the Soul
37%
 37%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 83

Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: AT THE GATES Reply with quote

Not seen any thread re ATG in the recent past, and since I've been listening to everything they've done lately figured I'd add (another!) poll. Had totally forgotten about this band. Used really worship them in the early days but somehow haven't listened to any of their records in about ten years.
Maybe it won't have too many fans around here but I think Slaughter of the Soul is equally as good as the rest of their older stuff. Regardless of the fact that it almost single handedly kick started the fucking horrid Killswitch Engage sort of music.
Zone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spun The red in the sky is ours today at work today, it did nothing for me when I was younger as I liked the glossy production of SOTS and its catchiness. Its a good album now that I reheard it a great mixture of Swede dm, some folk, and bits of thrash but Terminal spirit disease is where the band really shines. I used to worship this band when I was a teenager, but I love all of their other albums as Slaughter of the soul hasn't aged well. I'm going to go with Terminal as its the riffs of their earlier stuff, and has some of the streamlined songwriting of Slaughter. The Gardens of grief demo is great as well
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
I just spun The red in the sky is ours today at work today, it did nothing for me when I was younger as I liked the glossy production of SOTS and its catchiness. Its a good album now that I reheard it a great mixture of Swede dm, some folk, and bits of thrash but Terminal spirit disease is where the band really shines. I used to worship this band when I was a teenager, but I love all of their other albums as Slaughter of the soul hasn't aged well. I'm going to go with Terminal as its the riffs of their earlier stuff, and has some of the streamlined songwriting of Slaughter. The Gardens of grief demo is great as well

hmm can't find my copy of TSD so must re order this one. Listening to With Fear...at the moment. Killer stuff.
El Feroce

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted for 'Slaughter...' but why don't figure on the choose the Gardens Of Grief' ep? Sad
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Feroce wrote:
Voted for 'Slaughter...' but why don't figure on the choose the Gardens Of Grief' ep? Sad

Just added the full lengths for the sake of it.

Good clip (and int) from the Rock City gig with My Dying Bride and Anathema in 1993. That was one of the first Metal shows I twent to outside the locality, great weekend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN9U1wLidmQ
Kapalika

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATG used to be an immensly important band for me in my youth but these days Gradens of Grief is the only recording I listen to semi-regularly.

Albumwise, TSD is indeed their highpoint, also the last one to feature Alf Svenssonīs utterly brilliant riffing. SOTS was a huge disappointment, I didnīt even buy it back then and I still think it is boring.
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRITSIO is great, I couldn't believe it when my friend showed me it a while back cause I only heard SOTS and found it less than impressive. Second one is killer too.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaughter of the Soul. Of course our resident gang of "when I was a teenager in 2009" faggots will despise the album because of the amount of shitty clones it inspired, but it's an awesome record with an insane amount of killer riffs.
Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Slaughter of the Soul. Of course our resident gang of "when I was a teenager in 2009" faggots will despise the album because of the amount of shitty clones it inspired, but it's an awesome record with an insane amount of killer riffs.

+1

Slaughter was on EVERYONE'S playlists back in 95. Instant classic.
Satanik Padre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
NK7 wrote:

+1

Slaughter was on EVERYONE'S playlists back in 95. Instant classic.

Agreed... although I havent played the album in 10 years at least
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all hold up well and get regular spins from me.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Red In the Sky Is Ours is the runaway favorite for me, love the riffs and the somewhat weird production. Totally wore out a cassette copy of it back in the day.
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted for "Terminal Spirit Disease". Nothing wrong with "Slaughter..." at all, its just that MCD is more compact and more aggressive.

BTW, just checked on metal-archives and "Terminal Spirit Disease" is listed as full-lenght. Always though that its MCD with just some bonus tracks.

One other thing is that in same week when I really started to understand the greatness of AtG, I read on magazine that they just splitted-up.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Red in the Sky Is Ours is easily their best.
Black Mass Hysteria

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love all this band has done, but don't listen to them as much as a once did. I voted for With Fear... because of songs such as Primal Breath, the title track and Ever Opening Flower. Love the production on this as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: