P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance
Shit?
44%
 44%  [ 44 ]
No Shit?
55%
 55%  [ 55 ]
Total Votes : 99

VATRA I SUMPOR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit itīs indeed SOLD OUT on preorder... Shocked

Which distros will/should carry it? Apart from Nuclear Blast?

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Final Holocaust

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that the first song was pretty much more consistent than their previous efforts prior to 'Sardonic wrath', but after that they got more and more mediocre. 2nd song sounded me that cheesy that I wanted to die. Now, after listening to that "Noctoornooo Coltooo heeeey" self-parody on "Leave no cross unturned" I want THEM to (fuck off and) die. Worst shit I've stumbled upon lately. Deleted and forgotten like it hadn't ever happened in my life.
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something is missing on this album and I don't know what...After the first listening I must say nothin impressive here. but it's somehow funny.
Circle The Wagons was great, but this is not.
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Exitium wrote:
If this wasn't Darkthrone, it would be yet another early Running Wild and Manilla Road tribute band amongst the current metal climate of retro worship. It's decent, but doesn't seem to do much by it's own merits without being under the Darkthrone banner to warrant more than a few listens.

I can certainly see your point and agree with it.
Being an established name already does much for a record under it's banner. No doubt!

These boys been around the scene for sometime now, it is possible they are tapped dry for originallity, now they pay tribute and use their established name to sell that... which is okay as well, they earned it really.

Darkthrone have always been paying homage to somebody. Fenriz was freely quoted saying as much in the mid 90's. Their realm of influence is more diverse now.
Then the devil must...
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transmission wrote:
Do people really credit the idea that this direction is somehow Fen & Nocturno 'revisiting their teenage years'?

I find it very hard to believe that they ever listened to Attacker, Cirith Ungol, Manilla Road etc or that these bands are anything other than relatively recent discoveries for Fenriz (i.e. since he realized that there are other bands than Celtic Frost and Bathory, which seemed to happen after he'd already turned 30).

That's sort of the feeling I got.
Orlok

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Heavy Metal album.
spectre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is sounding a little thin. I've liked all the newer Darkthrone albums, but I think they've been on a slow decline. F.O.A.D. is my favorite of the newer sound; With "Dark Thrones..." and "Circle..." being a little weaker. This one is definitely missing something.
jamj74

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vinyl seems to be avalaible on ebay,the cd will be only on digibook format? i hate it!
Pacifism-Sucks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved Circle the Wagons, but this album is a moderate step down. Maybe few more listens are needed.. However, I'm not too willing to do that at the moment.

http://volcanic.thrash.lt/
http://www.forgotten-path.lt/
Reliable traders/sellers: dangerass, aeongrave, s.charlach, The Nihil Congregation
satanicbar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shit !!!!
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamj74 wrote:
The vinyl seems to be avalaible on ebay

Sure, for RETARDED prices $35-$40 fuck that shit

I want it at a normal price in a decent distro

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
DeathShitter
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Underground Resistance. ......

Maybe their next abum with be called Ministry Of Sound

And whats with the Graveland style cover art? Also... why is their something like a fuckin zippo lighter on the cover? Is this the artists signature or something? Even so its crap. Wheres Mr Necro? I expected him on the cover wearing a fagpatch of some new NWOBHM band that formed in 2011.

Still the riffs are ok...if you like Agent Steel and Hellhammer.

I cant wait for the bonus comentary CD.. or maybe a re-release adding one of their demos again. Peaceville are fuckin re-release GODS!!
Luigi's Butt-Plug
banned

Location: Subletting a Finnish Goat Hut at the Ross Bay Cemetery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the cult is alive (which i REALLY like) every release since gets progressively worse. if it wasn't under the Darkthrone banner, it would be third rate at best. I was pretty dissapointed after three listens last night.

Makes me wonder why Sarke doesn't get more attention, both releases are pretty solid and Nocturno sounds more like he used to.
NN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transmission wrote:
Do people really credit the idea that this direction is somehow Fen & Nocturno 'revisiting their teenage years'?

I find it very hard to believe that they ever listened to Attacker, Cirith Ungol, Manilla Road etc or that these bands are anything other than relatively recent discoveries for Fenriz (i.e. since he realized that there are other bands than Celtic Frost and Bathory, which seemed to happen after he'd already turned 30).

I communicated with Ted (electronically) for a spell in early '06 and, yes, they have always listened to Manilla Road and similar (UNironically).
DARKTHRONE's entire raîson d'etre is the expounding ov a scholarly REGRESSION ov moribund or obselytized Heavy Metal Styles.
their methodology began to invert from the PROGRESSIVness ov "Soulside.." to the transitional period ov "A BLaze.." which had turned to REGRESSION by "Under..", the backward-not-forward-agenda ov which was solidified and perfected on "Transylvanian..". Yes, yes, we all know that, but my point is this: DARKTHRONE may have moved past Black Metal but they did so mving in the other direction, remaining obstinately regressiv, and each new phase is intended as an insult to non-native HM listeners, their sentiment being "so you can appropriate this style....ok....but can you appropriate THIS STYLE?!" at which point they unveil a dangerously out-ov-fashion baroque and floral form ov old hat and big sunglasses.
I'm saying that ever since they accidentally recruited an army ov Black Metallions with thier '92-to-'96 phase, they've been spoofing the RECRUITMENT PROCESS itself, with each new stylistic appropriation housed inside that conceit, and with GENRE ITSELF paradoxically celebrated and derided, like a "Canadian Metal".
Their love ov Heavy Metal is so integral to their partnership that they can somehow be simultaneously sincere and cynical in their delivery but make no mistake, Skjellum agreed with me:
" ...yes (chuckling) Manilla Road are pretty EXTREME."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: