P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NIDROSIAN BLACK MASS IV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed the festival and music. However there was way too much focus on looks and less on quality. Bands like Sargeist, Behexen or Hetroertzen should learn how to play their instruments and stop being statues on stage. Boring... However: MGLA kicked anyone's arse! This is how it should be!
Cursed Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLP wrote:
However there was way too much focus on looks and less on quality. Bands like Sargeist, Behexen or Hetroertzen should learn how to play their instruments and stop being statues on stage. Boring...

Rolling Eyes
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLP wrote:
Enjoyed the festival and music. However there was way too much focus on looks and less on quality. Bands like Sargeist, Behexen or Hetroertzen should learn how to play their instruments and stop being statues on stage. Boring... However: MGLA kicked anyone's arse! This is how it should be!

I wasn't there, but i can believe that Sargeist and Behexen were probably drunk and sounded like shit. I've seen them doing that before. Now, Hetrohertzen...from the videos i saw, they were killer. Tight drummer, great vocals, etc.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLP wrote:
However there was way too much focus on looks and less on quality

THATS WHAT BLACK METAL IS ALL ABOUT, MAN!
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:
FLP wrote:

I wasn't there, but i can believe that Sargeist and Behexen were probably drunk and sounded like shit. I've seen them doing that before. Now, Hetrohertzen...from the videos i saw, they were killer. Tight drummer, great vocals, etc.

Sargeist and Behexen were both tight enough from what I remember. No drunken sloppiness, or at least not to the point where it was really perceptible of affected the songs. Only band drunk and shitty was Horna.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
FLP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
FLP wrote:
However there was way too much focus on looks and less on quality

THATS WHAT BLACK METAL IS ALL ABOUT, MAN!

Yeah, sold out in a few hours - I must be wrong. I'll get negative karma for this, but I mean stuff like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDXbkiDtN8M (1:10). When you're a statue on stage and it's so easy to play, it should be right! I heard stuff like this quite a lot during the bands I mentioned (not Her.). On the other hand; OTOH & Mgla (I missed Svartidaudi) showed them all how it should be: full of energy and power.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:

Kinda agree about the statue thing with Hetroerzen, as they don't even nod with the rythms. They are still young, so hope to see them a bit more active as they gain experience. Still a killer gig from them.
Behexen does it on purpose, and it's hard to be Limp Bizkit in those robes. Sargeist could probably move around more, but to me they get better for every gig and release.
All these bands were practically sober, so get with the drunken comments.
Cedric

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Sargeist lacked any stage performance, quite the opposite in fact. Bands don't need to be using the entire stage to put a good show (see for example Mare)
The_Elite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my first time seeing Behexen since 2005 and they put in a brilliant performance- their new bass player was great.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haters' gonna hate...
Barghest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:
Now, Hetrohertzen...from the videos i saw, they were killer. Tight drummer, great vocals, etc.

Hetroertzen were killer! One of my favourite performances, along with Vemod, Mare, Mgla, Urfaust, OTOH and Svartidaudi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUAbgPyWqLQ

For their way of doing things, I think Kæffel's (vocalist) totally focussed ritualistic on-stage movements were entirely appropriate. As for the others, Åskväder (guitars) was pretty active on stage, Sevekh (guitar) less so and Suhilon (bass) was too rigid... but those two guys are new to the band and quite young, so I'm sure their stage presence will improve over time.
Rósachd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see Hetroertzen in Prague. As much as I am looking forward to the event as a whole I am sure they will be the highlight for me.
SonOfPerdition

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fest was near perfect. Great organization, great sound, great bands, great people,...

Highlights for me where: One Tail One Head, Svartidaudi, Mare, Hetroertzen, Mgla and Vemod. Especially Mgla, I never thought they would be that good live, a very intense gig.

Some great surprises were: Sortilegia (although it was a bit messy, I really liked their performance), Teitanfyre (I already liked them on record, but live they're much more intense and just better imo), Cult of Fire (Never actually listened to them before, but what I heard live did sound decent).

I never really got into Sargeist, Behexen and Horna, but I must say Sargeist and Behexen are some decent live bands, Horna not so much...
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
It was my first time seeing Behexen since 2005 and they put in a brilliant performance- their new bass player was great.

Is she permanent or session?

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
The_Elite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live only I think, but gender aside- she is a great bassist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 37 of 40

Jump to: