P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ebay question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: ebay question Reply with quote

First time selling an item on ebay. How to send an invoice to the winner if he already paid through the ebay checkout, and sending the incorrect amount for postage?
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously he is an idiot and did not wait for the WAIT FOR PROPER INVOICE disclaimer you certainly put into your listing right?

Cancel the sale and relist, cause the twat is going to call bloody murder when you ask for $6 more for shipping.
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refund all the money only then you will be able to send an invoice.
Vapula

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refund the money through paypal then you can send a new invoice via ebay. And yeah he will more than likely start complaining when you send him an invoice with a higher shipping amount.
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx guys!
Yeah, I couldn't list the correct shipping on ebay, so I wrote the real postage in the description.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
Thanx guys!
Yeah, I couldn't list the correct shipping on ebay, so I wrote the real postage in the description.

So the buyer never read it then. Yea, sounds like the initial process of grief to be honest.
Wolfsturm888

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had three auction lately where buyers clicked on the "pay now" button before my invoice with the correct shipping-prices where send.
ALL of them payed without any problems. Itīs not always a drama, maybe a matter of manners... Though Ebay is really a chapter for itself.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered why ebay.com doesn't fix the retarded shipping options so as to spare sellers the mandatory SHIPPING ISN'T $4 line. Are they under the assumption that only people from the US use the main site or what? I refuse to believe there isn't a better way to handle that whole section, as a seller I'd be glad to have everything stated clearly somewhere in a menu instead of having to copy/paste everything in the item's description. Also it would save the time spent replying the average douche from India who inquires about the shipping costs to his land because POSTAGE TO ASIA apparently isn't a clear enough information and he doesn't know in which continent his country is located.
Aaattaack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
I've always wondered why ebay.com doesn't fix the retarded shipping options so as to spare sellers the mandatory SHIPPING ISN'T $4 line. Are they under the assumption that only people from the US use the main site or what? I refuse to believe there isn't a better way to handle that whole section, as a seller I'd be glad to have everything stated clearly somewhere in a menu instead of having to copy/paste everything in the item's description. Also it would save the time spent replying the average douche from India who inquires about the shipping costs to his land because POSTAGE TO ASIA apparently isn't a clear enough information and he doesn't know in which continent his country is located.

the answer is pretty easy! MONEY! There is no fee on the shipping. The higher the shipping costs, the lower the bids on an item, the lower the fees ebay will charge you.
HotBlack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
Refund all the money only then you will be able to send an invoice.

or Just send the guy a payment request for the difference through PayPal and don't send it until he pays. Simple.
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaattaack wrote:

the answer is pretty easy! MONEY! There is no fee on the shipping. The higher the shipping costs, the lower the bids on an item, the lower the fees ebay will charge you.

The rules have changed last year I think. It's a 9% fee on the final selling price and shipping price.
Aaattaack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
Aaattaack wrote:

The rules have changed last year I think. It's a 9% fee on the final selling price and shipping price.

Well this sucks, I didn't know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: