P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The Brilliance of King Dude
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KŽjser ÷ccˇlt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: The Brilliance of King Dude Reply with quote

I was listening King Dude and understood that this is most likely going to be THE next big thing in "UG"-hipster circles.

Let me explain why

The RiseAbove-fueled stoccult-rock trend seems to be slowly dying or at least toning down (because nowadays when Dorian puts out new 7" it might actually take more than 10 minutes to Sell out....and in my mind the Devil's Blood has always been the flagship of the trend and now it has been buried)

Now when the stoccult-rock has been laid to the grave we have thousands of enlightened hipster who have just taken the first steps of devotion on this spiritual path of cartoon-satanism and esoteric-thelemic-lsd-fueled-mix-and-match-occultism (with lot of eyes inside of triangles) and now they have no place to go (because Roky Erickson/Black Widow etc. are too old or too..well..what I've gathered not serious/easylistenable enough)
THEN in comes the KING DUDE

That mans recipe for succes is UNDEFEATABLE. Make an exact copy of Roseclouds/Symbols-Death in June (so basically just slamming e-minor on acoustic guitar with an occasional transition to a-minor) and imitate the Dougies vocals to the point BUT take out that ankward nazi-symbolism and all that talk about Europe/nation and shit
and replace it with a easy dimestore-stoccultism with lot of "mystic symbols" (=triangles) and your everyday casual satanism (Lucifers the Light Very Happy) and we have a winner! Throw in a split with an renowed black metal-band (Urfaust) and not only are you accepted in Esoteric-hipster-circles BUT ALSO within UG-metal community.

I've always thought that neofolk has been somewhat hipster-free (I don't know if this is the reality) and the reason has been the somewhat questionable lyrics/symbolism. Because we all know that in hipster-circles
it's okay to be a satanist and a mystic but No no for the SS (or in case of Current 93 'cos David Tibet says his a christian and that's almost a hatecrime against devoted triangle-worshippers). Musically acoustic
side of neofolk is just perfect for hipsterworshipment, cool, smooth and very easy-listening. I just don't understand why this hasn't been done before!?

So hooknosed ebayers worldwide be forewarned, now it's the time to start stocking up. Soon the name KING DUDE will spread fear amongst the wallets of hipsters.

PS. I'm a huge fan of Di6 and find also King Dude quite enjoyable. The guys concept is just so easily marketable that it makes me cringe.
tunguska218

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very into this band and own the complete discography on vinyl. I like their style. Let's see what the future will bring. The recent tour and concerts had a very intense live atmosphere. It's time for a new album. A lot of people dislike King Dude because the main guy is the owner of Actual Pain. I'm not very into the Actual Pain stuff but the music the band has released so far is quite enjoyable for me. Haters gonna hate - each to his own.

Last edited by tunguska218 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather listen to an old Morricone LP and some Leonard Cohen myself. So far it seems like Europe is more into King Dude than the US. Could just be people I know though.
Botmuyl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of cool songs and live an excellent band. The split with Chelsea Wolfe is excellent!

Excellent deals with: Ravn, Nemesis, R.J., madcow
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

need the split with Chelsea Wolfe, is this still only available from the euro tour?

It took like an hour to park in Boston when i went to see the show with her, so we ended up missing King Dude entirely. Listened for the first time afterward, much regrets here, but hopefully he'll come back in the future!
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone post what you'd consider a standout track? I've heard this name a lot lately and I have no fucking clue what a band called King Dude is going to sound like....
Timon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the super-fuck is king dude?
tunguska218

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
need the split with Chelsea Wolfe, is this still only available from the euro tour?

Will be officially available in late April - tells Sargent House Recordings.

holy ghost wrote:
Can someone post what you'd consider a standout track? I've heard this name a lot lately and I have no fucking clue what a band called King Dude is going to sound like....

You can listen to the entire discography on King Dude's bandcamp site. The last output "Holy Trinity" is with his current live members. The other stuff is more - I would call it - old / original King Dude stuff.

http://kingdude.bandcamp.com/
Sleep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just fucking hate shit like that.

+ It's really challenging to avoid vomiting if you see the "Actual Pain" website...

++ King Dude is everything but brilliant - there are just enough idiots buying this crap
navght

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The butthurt hipster whining goes on and on. Why do you goatfago sceneboys care about other subcultures? King Dude never amazed me btw, but I am getting tired of how black/death metal folks devoted to the music really care about other subcultures. *edit* and people in general...
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
I'd rather listen to an old Morricone LP and some Leonard Cohen myself. So far it seems like Europe is more into King Dude than the US. Could just be people I know though.

Leonard Cohen is outstanding. Even the latest album is good.
Sleep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navght wrote:
The butthurt hipster whining goes on and on. Why do you goatfago sceneboys care about other subcultures? King Dude never amazed me btw, but I am getting tired of how black/death metal folks devoted to the music really care about other subcultures. *edit* and people in general...

do you realize that using this goatfago-stereotype shit is the same thing you criticize in your post? Rolling Eyes
Hipsterfago

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the assumption King Dude was quite big in the "hipster" world already? Not that it matters though, i enjoy Tonight's Special Death.
Any other stuff worth getting?
KŽjser ÷ccˇlt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navght wrote:

Well first of all I don't know if you noticed a hint of sarcasm Smile

But I'm not whining about hipster. This "stoccult-rock hipsterism" IS a real and noticable phenomena (for example back in 2009 when Electric Wizard was playing at finnish Metal Festival Jalometalli there wasn't really a huge crowd but couple years later their gig sold out in hours, and it wasn't like EW did or released anything spectacular or "new" in the time between. Also playing rock-tunes with occult imaginery seems to be the quickest ladder for fame and international touring proven by the finnish bands like Seremonia or Jess and the Ancient ones )

I actually love the hipsters. To fund yourself 2-3 nice full-lenght LP:s you usually just need to buy one extra-limited 7" from XXX-occult rock-group and whore the hell out of it at Ebay (and no, I see nothing wrong with it). That was also the main point of the original post, to give heads up for people looking to make some easy occult-ca$$h.
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to see King Dude later this month. If anyone wants me to pick up a record for them and Paypal me for it later PM me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: