P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Occult Literature
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ah, Mr Danielsson rediscovering Huysmans... It's a classic of symbolism there.

Anyone with real interest must read all mythological and religious books, like the Vedas, the Bible, The Qoran, The Gilgamesh Epic, and so on, before even thinking into delving into anything written in the last two centuries, except for academic works maybe.
Morbid69

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be careful with this stuff, or you might end up like this guy:

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=71956
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol metalarchives

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
global deathrape

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid69 wrote:
Just be careful with this stuff, or you might end up like this guy:

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=71956

Laughing

Quote:
My guess is that the occult/satanic symbols you've collected have resulted in conjuring up the tortured soul of Euronymous who's looking for his fecal encrusted dildo. Thus, if I were you, I'd purchase that dildo and place it in an easy to get area, or if you already have one just put it on your nightstand.
Descension

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
lol metalarchives/FMP/blackmetal.co.uk
:AJNA:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Literature. Reply with quote

Ave.

Two cents on the matter:

Down There (English title) by Huysmans is an excellent book of fiction, influenced by the authors personal expereinces. There are a couple of translations, but I haven't read them in succession so I can't say which is better.

For occult work:
Liber ABA by Crowley is, hands down, the most thorough book on many subjects and could keep one busy for a lifetime. It's epic in scope and is theory AND practice.

Manly P. Hall's The Secret Teachings of All Ages is a treasure trove of knowledge of a vast array of subjects as well. This is more encyclopedic in nature ala Joseph Campbell, but with a metaphysical bent.

The works of Austin Osman Spare are amazing from a "solo" perspective and his art is unbelievable (and likely familiar due to usage by numerous bands).

and I have to suggest a book released by Ajna: Qabalah, Qliphoth and Goetic Magic for those who aren't interested in "white" or "RHP" explorations, which opens up a whole other topic of converstaion which I'm not interested in diving into here.

Some would likely add Kenneth Grant's text to the list above along with anything released by Xoanon, Fulgur and Starfire. Other reputable publishers include Scarlet Imprint, Ixaxaar, Ouroboros and Oroboros. I'm likely forgetting a few, admittedly.

In time...
Imperative Coronation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Literature. Reply with quote

:AJNA: wrote:
Down There (English title) by Huysmans is an excellent book of fiction, influenced by the authors personal expereinces. There are a couple of translations, but I haven't read them in succession so I can't say which is better.

The most recent translation I'd assume is the best as it won't have any issues of censorship from outside influences (or at least I'd hope so). It's the one I have, and there is a mention of the different translations in it.

To the original poster, here's a link to it quite cheaply: http://www.amazon.com/-Bas-Journey-into-Decadence-Dedalus/dp/1873982747/ref=sr_1_3?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285755244&sr=8-3
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, dude. Keep 'em coming, guys.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Desolate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ixaxaar Publishing released an important piece of Occult Philosophy today:

"One of the most intellectually sophisticated and in-depth texts of modern Satanism/ Left Hand Path and its spirituality ever produced. This valuable occult study delves the student of the Left Hand Path into a comprehensive philosophical system providing a Study on the Being & Essence of Satan, exploring topics such as the Philosophy of God, Philosophical Anthropology, Eschatology, Metaphysics, Cosmology, and various other subjects of Satanism and Mysticism that will guide the serious seeker to form a complete worldview. With the aim of total unity and of understanding opposites, considering even the most wrathful arguments of the downward path of the soul's death in an unbiased way, Fosforos seeks to build on the fundamental doctrine of Oneness: the quintessences of both the Right Hand Path and the Left Hand Path are herein joined into one amalgam, as they have always been in the heart of a true aspirant.

The six different parts of Fosforos; Polyharmonia: The Philosophy of Oneness / Discordamelior: The Philosophy of Perdition / Necrosophia: The Philosophy of Death / Pentagrammaton: The Consistency of Man and the Practice of Magic / Cista Mystica: The Symbology of Satanism / Legifer & Clavis Magica: Ritual, each approach from a different perspective the core ideas of the text, namely Satan and the Occult science of Magic. Despite its paradoxical and labyrinthine manner of expression, often using totally opposing arguments to understand and live for the great whole, Fosforos is not written to be just another theoretical study of the Left Hand Path, philosophical treatise, or Satanic Manifesto, but rather is a work for devotional and practical living, should the reader choose to aspire on this narrow path of Ascension."

Timon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corpus hermeticum by unknown; De naturalium effectuum admirandorum causis sive de incantationibus by Pietro Pomponazzi.
Kjser cclt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite liked the Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor

I tought it was well written and insightful book about one of the lesser know secret societys of Victorian era (at least for me, being at a time quite influenced by Max Theon) + it gives a view on the conflicts on the field of Theosophy during those times.. nowadays it seems that nobody remembers anything but Blavatsky.

Personally I've nowadays mostly given up the occult and mysticism (although I still enjoy reading some biografies and histories of the major movements and people on the field). I spent years toying with Crowley and Theon and even read some newer stuff but looking back now it just seems one escapist attempt to give more meaning to surrounding world and life than it actually possesses.

But I must say that whole esoteric-traditon hasn't been for nothing. I study literature and sociology at University and have learned to deeply respect the impact that occultism has given to the Western art and culture. I think there are quite a many thesis still to be made on the occult especially from the perspectives of literary criticism and sociology.

And of course the most modern day philosophers etc. have said that the hardest thing for a person in todays society is how cope with the relative meaninglesness of life. If one founds it from occult (or record-collecting) then I see it as something positive and valuable (..souds quite hippie and gay eh..)
Desolate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kjser cclt wrote:
And of course the most modern day philosophers etc. have said that the hardest thing for a person in todays society is how cope with the relative meaninglesness of life. If one founds it from occult (or record-collecting) then I see it as something positive and valuable

I'd say the meaning is, of course, to be found concepts beyond occultism - nevertheless, I seriously think that the individual may find the true ground of his being (a subjective matter, needless to say) by using the methods as searching the truth from an area you'd call controversial at least, and finally giving his life to a more spiritual way of life.

But one should definitely use some healthy criticism towards modern-day occultism with its formal rituals, etc.
huntersinsnow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desolate wrote:
Ixaxaar Publishing released an important piece of Occult Philosophy today

If anyone reads this and could fill me in on whether it's worth spending a shitload of money on, please let me know. It would be appreciated.

I second the Tomas Karlsson book. Very informative and not completely boring.

I would also like to recommend The Hermetic Tradition by Evola. Inner Traditions published this and it's easy to find.
Wolfsturm888

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always try to seek the true occult treasures that are hidden in so many books... Like:

Julius Evola - Cavalcare la tigre
Jacob Grimm - Deutsche Mythologie (German Mythology)
Stephen Flowers - Feuer und Eis (Fire + Ice)
Edred Thorsson (S.F.) - Handbuch der Runenmagie
Jan De Vries - Die Geisetswelt der Germanen
Peter Carroll - Liber Kaos + Liber Null
Freya Aswynn - The leafes of Yggrdasil

+ Blavatsky, Osman-Spare, Crowley, Chamberlain, Lovecraft, Lavey, Peryt Shou, von Sebottendorf, von List, Devi and so many more...
astralvesl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huntersinsnow wrote:
Desolate wrote:
Ixaxaar Publishing released an important piece of Occult Philosophy today

If anyone reads this and could fill me in on whether it's worth spending a shitload of money on, please let me know. It would be appreciated.

I second the Tomas Karlsson book. Very informative and not completely boring.

I would also like to recommend The Hermetic Tradition by Evola. Inner Traditions published this and it's easy to find.

Well it was previously released in Finnish some years ago so maybe one of the finnish posters here can enlighten us. I bought it though, certainly sounds interesting and it'll probably be gone in a week or two right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: