P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Occult Literature
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desolate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
Well it was previously released in Finnish some years ago so maybe one of the finnish posters here can enlighten us. I bought it though, certainly sounds interesting and it'll probably be gone in a week or two right?

I can give my warm recommendations for the book; it truly offers a unique perspective on the Left Hand Path & the philosophy within. Should not be overlooked by anyone who are interested of Occult Philosophy, even if one does not directly practice it. But here again, this is only my opinion.
Vapula

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
it'll probably be gone in a week or two right?

It already sold out a few months ago in pre orders did it not? Maybe they have pressed more copies?
astralvesl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know, I was able to order the 50 euro one about 2 hours ago, so maybe they made more of those?
Wolfram

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huntersinsnow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I calculated the money into USD, and it appears as though I don't have enough occult money to buy this. Looks like Satan wins this one.
Soth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
astralvesl wrote:
it'll probably be gone in a week or two right?

It already sold out a few months ago in pre orders did it not? Maybe they have pressed more copies?

They made 150 more copies.
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread is great.

wish i had seen it earlier.A few weeks ago i ordered some cheap used books to try and introduce myself to occult/esoteric/whatever writings and get the most basic understanding possible.

i got Crowley's Book of the Law and the Lesser Key Of Solomon (first book of Solomon's Lemegeton, or Goetia)

Its very interesting stuff. I'm only recently exploring these topics so im looking for more works to serve as a primer on occult concepts, the different systems of thought/practice/operation, and magic(k) as an extension of the will.
Madhukapala

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's important to understand that most of what we call "occultism" is actually a hodge-podge of poorly understood ideas ripped off from larger, older religious traditions. It is not "ancient wisdom" - instead, it reflects the biases and aspirations of a bunch of 19th and 20th century malcontents. For instance, the concept of the Left Hand Path vs. the Right Hand Path was an almost completely artificial creation of Blavatsky, based on her crude misunderstanding of the Tantric "Vamamarga" and "Dakshinamarga".

Someone who wants a better understanding of the occult would be better served by studying older forms of religious mysticism less burdened by the angsty blathering of LHP basement wizards. This is not to say that all occult literature from the last few centuries is total garbage - just that it's better to go to the root. Look into neoplatonism, gnosticism, Kabbalah and most importantly, Tantric Hinduism and Tantric Buddhism.

And keep that "left hand path" vs "right hand path" bullshit out of your head. It's a stupid dichotomy which is entirely modern.
KŽjser ÷ccˇlt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:
basement wizard

Bobby Liebling worked as one for about 40 years

They can't be all bad.
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:
It's important to understand that most of what we call "occultism" is actually a hodge-podge of poorly understood ideas ripped off from larger, older religious traditions. It is not "ancient wisdom" - instead, it reflects the biases and aspirations of a bunch of 19th and 20th century malcontents. For instance, the concept of the Left Hand Path vs. the Right Hand Path was an almost completely artificial creation of Blavatsky, based on her crude misunderstanding of the Tantric "Vamamarga" and "Dakshinamarga".

^^^
This is helpful advice, Ill be sure to keep this in mind when reading about any "occult" topics.

Has anyone seen any of those Poke Runyon "Ceremonial Magic" docs? talk about basement wizards...

Deathcrusher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wants to burn hipsters with fireballs. Laughing
GenericBlackMetalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathcrusher wrote:
Blutkvlt wants to burn hipsters with fireballs. Laughing

Too bad the hipsters know all about the occult and will fire back Laughing
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:

Someone who wants a better understanding of the occult would be better served by studying older forms of religious mysticism less burdened by the angsty blathering of LHP basement wizards. This is not to say that all occult literature from the last few centuries is total garbage - just that it's better to go to the root. Look into neoplatonism, gnosticism, Kabbalah and most importantly, Tantric Hinduism and Tantric Buddhism.

And keep that "left hand path" vs "right hand path" bullshit out of your head. It's a stupid dichotomy which is entirely modern.

Any recommendations for books on Tantric Hinduism/Buddhism?

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Clavicula_Nox

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Fosforos will have a US distributer?
Ross

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clavicula_Nox wrote:
Does anyone know if Fosforos will have a US distributer?

I highly doubt it.....they don't usually do that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: