P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Maryland Deathfest 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eighthplague

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be selling my 4-day.
Mendicant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ufomammut are out and Pallbearer are replacing them
Blarted at Birth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

word
Neutral
heavyR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pallbearer seems to play everything. Nashville rarely gets metal bands, but Pallbearer played like 6 times in 2012, twice in 2011, and already once this year.

Buy this crap.
GiantCogs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an article in Decibel magazine this month explaining that there will be no stage in the actual Sonar club. Instead, they are taking over the parking lot area across the street (under the overpass). They are going to put up a huge tent in that area for a third stage (maybe the main stage?).

The Sonar club, now called something else, has been totally remodeled into a dance club and does not have enough space for bands to play.

This will be a big change. I'd say it sounds bizarre, but the fest set up for the past few years has been pretty non conventional, yet successful.
hate is the law

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weird, I liked the main room at sonar a lot, thats a bummer that there wont be shit going on in there
The Metal Detektor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantCogs wrote:
There's an article in Decibel magazine this month explaining that there will be no stage in the actual Sonar club. Instead, they are taking over the parking lot area across the street (under the overpass). They are going to put up a huge tent in that area for a third stage (maybe the main stage?).

The Sonar club, now called something else, has been totally remodeled into a dance club and does not have enough space for bands to play.

This will be a big change. I'd say it sounds bizarre, but the fest set up for the past few years has been pretty non conventional, yet successful.

Bolt Thrower will be pissed.
heavyR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone mind scanning the Decible article?

Buy this crap.
Nex Cultus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like the main stage (front and backstage). After the first day it starts to wreak of sewage and the molten hot air that nearly suffocates you. I am surprised no one has died from Staph/MRSA infections.

Only area that smelled worse was...beneath the overpass where it smelled like an actual water treatment plant mixed with train-hopper filth begging for something free every five feet.

*things one does to see Mortuary Drape.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nex Cultus wrote:
I didn't like the main stage (front and backstage). After the first day it starts to wreak of sewage and the molten hot air that nearly suffocates you. I am surprised no one has died from Staph/MRSA infections.

eh, if you get under one of the huge air conditioning vents, the indoor stage was by far the place to be in the Baltimore heat.

Nex Cultus wrote:
Only area that smelled worse was...beneath the overpass where it smelled like an actual water treatment plant mixed with train-hopper filth begging for something free every five feet.

I wonder where the crusty encampment will be this year? Hopefully at the bottom of the harbor . They should have the the mounted police ride around on their horses all day and beat the shit out of those people remorselessly until they stop coming to the fest.
Blarted at Birth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, so Bolt Thrower is playing in a tent under an overpass?
Ihslahm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one 4 day MDF ticket for sale for the Sonar compound at face value, plus whatever shipping charges you might wanna add (insured, registered?) send a message to vassal(at)dispirit.org if you are interested.
MassDoomFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nex Cultus wrote:

*things one does to see Mortuary Drape.
that is spot on!

Mortuary drape closing it in the Club was intense..i was right up front - got video and about 50 pictures - that was fucking intense.. this year has like half the bands - and now NO CLUB - that really does suck - I enjoyed going in there periodically and standing exactly where the monster ac units blew its ice cold air... the black metal was the best indoors - black witchery getting the crowd to kill chicken outfit dude was awesome. I think this is a rather slimey move by the MDF gang.. A fucking tent? a hundred porta jons with piss overflowing -- We should have a refund option on this bullshit
Mendicant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Nex Cultus wrote:

eh, if you get under one of the huge air conditioning vents, the indoor stage was by far the place to be in the Baltimore heat.

Nex Cultus wrote:

I wonder where the crusty encampment will be this year? Hopefully at the bottom of the harbor . They should have the the mounted police ride around on their horses all day and beat the shit out of those people remorselessly until they stop coming to the fest.

Yeah I love that aircon and I hope they maybe set the distros up in that room as its so bloody squishy in that other room

I'm hoping the crusties will loiter around the other venue although I barely noticed them last year

Woohoo only 2 months away!!
GiantCogs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
Anyone mind scanning the Decible article?

I took pictures of it with my phone

part 1: http://i.imgur.com/r8SIXRv.jpg

part 2: http://i.imgur.com/9Ruqaqk.jpg

part 3: http://i.imgur.com/kjduneF.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 21 of 39

Jump to: