P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Woods of Infinity 'Adagio' origin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speerhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Woods of Infinity 'Adagio' origin? Reply with quote

From the original Forintelse & Libido demo. Obviously not them performing it, but does anyone know where its taken from? Piece is written by Tomaso Albioni/Remo Giazotto, but whatever recording WOF use is by far the best version I've found.

Edit for link to audio:

http://youtu.be/JophK1OuTrw
da666

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find the version you were looking for...

However this is the best "Adagio" there is (not the same song).. chilling and monumental!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1o7db95gwY
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Woods of Infinity 'Adagio' origin? Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
From the original Forintelse & Libido demo. Obviously not them performing it, but does anyone know where its taken from? Piece is written by Tomaso Albioni/Remo Giazotto, but whatever recording WOF use is by far the best version I've found.

Edit for link to audio:

http://youtu.be/JophK1OuTrw

Isnt that by Bach?

[EDIT] No it wasnt, my bad
ADB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't from anything, it's an original 20th century piece by Remo Giazotto pretending to be the 18th century composer Albinoni (check the way I've spelt it, you'll have a lot more luck finding different recordings with the extra "n" in Wink )

It's commonly called Adagio in G minor, and has been chucked in all kinds of movies since the 60s. I've got heaps of different versions of this at home, including three or four recordings based on the original score for organ and strings, versions for piano / cello / choir, a version I did for 4 guitars and bass when I was in uni studying composition and a trance version by Tiesto.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:
This isn't from anything, it's an original 20th century piece by Remo Giazotto pretending to be the 18th century composer Albinoni (check the way I've spelt it, you'll have a lot more luck finding different recordings with the extra "n" in Wink )

It's commonly called Adagio in G minor, and has been chucked in all kinds of movies since the 60s. I've got heaps of different versions of this at home, including three or four recordings based on the original score for organ and strings, versions for piano / cello / choir, a version I did for 4 guitars and bass when I was in uni studying composition and a trance version by Tiesto.

Hey cheers, that was just my (mis) spelling. It's that particular recording/arrangment I'm trying to find, and I assume it isn't Forgotten Woods playing it themselves. Love the vocals, guitar, drums arrangment...sort of reminds me of the Rosemary's Baby soundtrack.
ADB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My totally uneducated guess by just listening, I'd start by looking for English folk rock bands from the 60's.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked every version on youtube and every version listed on wikipedia, and still no luck.

If anyone has the original F&L demo, could they rip the track in 320 or better? Would be seriously appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: