P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DRAKKAR-VLAD TEPES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashdautas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKLP029-VLAD TEPES(Fra)"The Return of the Unweeping" 12"MLP 2013
Black Metal - 11
DKLP030-VLAD TEPES(Fra)"Celtic Poetry" 12"MLP 2013
Black Metal - 11
DKLP031-VLAD TEPES(Fra) "Into Frosty Madness" 12"MLP 2013
Black Metal-11
DKLP032-VLAD TEPES(Fra) "Dans Notre Chute..." 12"MLP 2013
Black Metal-11

Has anyone heard the sound on these LPs yet?
If so, can you comment on their individual quality?
Tireheb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2CD is out now too. It has The Black Legions and "Reharsal" as bonus.

"You can't hide the hook!"
N.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdautas wrote:
DKLP029-VLAD TEPES(Fra)"The Return of the Unweeping" 12"MLP 2013
Black Metal - 11
DKLP030-VLAD TEPES(Fra)"Celtic Poetry" 12"MLP 2013
Black Metal - 11
DKLP031-VLAD TEPES(Fra) "Into Frosty Madness" 12"MLP 2013
Black Metal-11
DKLP032-VLAD TEPES(Fra) "Dans Notre Chute..." 12"MLP 2013
Black Metal-11

Has anyone heard the sound on these LPs yet?
If so, can you comment on their individual quality?

Just a conjecture, but I think the LPs should sound decent enough, and those demos were really raw to begin with, I actually hope they stay that way.

- E. M. Cioran
N.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Vlad Tepes - Celtic Poetry LP today, and it sounds....well, it's rather quiet and not very good. It seems not much passion went into this record or the mastering process. Does anyone feel the same way?

- E. M. Cioran
amon-goethe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have almost all these repressings and they all sound good to me. Waiting on the 2CD.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N. wrote:
I got the Vlad Tepes - Celtic Poetry LP today, and it sounds....well, it's rather quiet and not very good. It seems not much passion went into this record or the mastering process. Does anyone feel the same way?

yes. not that my expectations were that high, but I do wish I would have just waited for cassette instead. it just seems like a waste of time on vinyl for the most part. impatience got the best of me this time
N.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
N. wrote:

yes. not that my expectations were that high, but I do wish I would have just waited for cassette instead. it just seems like a waste of time on vinyl for the most part. impatience got the best of me this time

I also bought the Morte Lune LP and even my Tragic Empire cd of this sounds better. I should be getting Dans Notre Chute and Into Frosty Madness lps soon, I'll write what I think of them when I get them...but after this experience, my hopes are shot... Crying or Very sad

- E. M. Cioran
Ashdautas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The material on the Vlad Tepes demo LPs could have easily fit onto one DLP. The only reason I can see for making 4 different LPs of this material is greed; a character quality that the guy from Drakkar is now infamous for (Look at what he did to DAP, for another perfect example). The LPs sound very quiet as if they were not mastered at all (I have Mp3 versions that sound better). The DLP of "March to the black holocaust" bootleg sounds superior to the Drakkar pressing as well. Even the cover photograph on the bootleg looks better. Specifically, the pressing of the split DLP and the "Vampires of black imperial blood" dlp have really poor quality (dark and low resolution) cover photos. The sound on the DAP LPs versions of the 2 Mutiiilation LPs is far superior to the sound on the Drakkar ones. The Drakkar Mutiilation LPs sound like only the CD was used as a master whereas the DAP versions sound more "full" and powerful. The levels are very different between the two and the DAP versions obviously have more clarity and strength to them in regards to sound.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N. wrote:

It was decent at best... I think I was a little too stoked to hear it lol
SIID

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdautas wrote:
The material on the Vlad Tepes demo LPs could have easily fit onto one DLP. The only reason I can see for making 4 different LPs of this material is greed; a character quality that the guy from Drakkar is now infamous for (Look at what he did to DAP, for another perfect example). The LPs sound very quiet as if they were not mastered at all (I have Mp3 versions that sound better). The DLP of "March to the black holocaust" bootleg sounds superior to the Drakkar pressing as well. Even the cover photograph on the bootleg looks better. Specifically, the pressing of the split DLP and the "Vampires of black imperial blood" dlp have really poor quality (dark and low resolution) cover photos. The sound on the DAP LPs versions of the 2 Mutiiilation LPs is far superior to the sound on the Drakkar ones. The Drakkar Mutiilation LPs sound like only the CD was used as a master whereas the DAP versions sound more "full" and powerful. The levels are very different between the two and the DAP versions obviously have more clarity and strength to them in regards to sound.

Could you rip them ? I own original Drakkar CDs and would like to compare.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIID wrote:
Ashdautas wrote:

Could you rip them ? I own original Drakkar CDs and would like to compare.

I don't think it's worth bothering to do. Just record some LP surface noise, drop the volume a few decibels on your CD versions, mix the two sounds together, and you'll have an exact replica. He's right- it doesn't sound like these were even mastered.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coming of blood angel wrote:
Repress Black Legions Metal

+1
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone heard the MC versions of this stuff compared to the LP presses that can comment? curious if there are any quality differences between the formats... would be funny if the tape sounded better. at this point I wish I would have just waited for the tapes and saved a lot in the process
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they sound pretty much the same. There's only so much you can do with flawed source material.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
I'm sure they sound pretty much the same. There's only so much you can do with flawed source material.

very true, which is why I was thinking it would be more appropriate for said flawed material to remain on the same format it was sourced from in the first place. I guess my thought or question is wouldn't a tape duplicate sound better unmastered than trying to take same source material and press to vinyl with no mastering either? seems like proper mastering for vinyl is more of a deal than mastering for tape releases, but then again I could just be crazy/dumb (very possible)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: