P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Ghost (BC?) - Infestissumam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cochino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:
Carpathian_Florist wrote:
It's a very different album then Opus to say the least. It is almost like if Goblin and The Beach Boys got together to jam on some Blue Oyster Cult tunes.

Exactly.

It's very sugary, and very poppy, but with a rotten undertone. In this respect, it's actually a lot darker than much 'extreme' metal. And I like the whole 'pied piper mocking the children of modern culture' thing. That's why it's so hilarious and awesome that they're playing Coachella. "Suffer the little children" indeed.

Also, their live performance is fantastic, and really inseparable from the music itself. I saw them in LA last Monday - brilliant!

It's funny to see how far people would go to justify they like a commercial, poppy band.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:
Saw some song called Secular Haze on You Tube. Clip was amusing though the song was fucking terrible.

I thought it was bad too, at first. I'm glad I gave this one a chance because the album is far better than what that track alone may suggest. In the company of better tracks, even Secular Haze started sounding better.

This almost never happens.
Madhukapala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
Madhukapala wrote:
Carpathian_Florist wrote:
It's a very different album then Opus to say the least. It is almost like if Goblin and The Beach Boys got together to jam on some Blue Oyster Cult tunes.

Exactly.

It's very sugary, and very poppy, but with a rotten undertone. In this respect, it's actually a lot darker than much 'extreme' metal. And I like the whole 'pied piper mocking the children of modern culture' thing. That's why it's so hilarious and awesome that they're playing Coachella. "Suffer the little children" indeed.

Also, their live performance is fantastic, and really inseparable from the music itself. I saw them in LA last Monday - brilliant!

It's funny to see how far people would go to justify they like a commercial, poppy band.

Nah. You've got no imagination.

Anyway, who needs to justify anything? I like the Beach Boys and the Ronettes. No justification at all.
cochino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you actually believe in that whole "pied piper" stuff? That might be even worse than making it up for justification.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me personally I like the fact that there is a bigger band out there that people into similar music to me like as well rather than just having the same old dinosaurs being the only acceptable big bands amongst the funderground. As cool as it is to go and see a band play to ten people, sometimes you want to see a show.
Dostojanstvenik

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:

I thought it was bad too, at first. I'm glad I gave this one a chance because the album is far better than what that track alone may suggest. In the company of better tracks, even Secular Haze started sounding better.

exactly! great album...
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
funderground

That's your favourite word, right?
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:

The "twas better before" is probably the most common cliché in the universe and appears in about EVERY topic/field on the planet from the month/fingers of EVERY fucker on the planet.

Agreed... and having a thread within a thread about the lack of quality on this forum surely does nothing to contribute.
Madhukapala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
So, you actually believe in that whole "pied piper" stuff? That might be even worse than making it up for justification.

What do you mean? Do I believe that this theme is deliberately evoked by the band? Yes, of course. And I like it. Do I believe that they are in fact pied pipers appointed by Satan to corrupt the youth?

Come on.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
asmael LeBouc wrote:

The "twas better before" is probably the most common cliché in the universe and appears in about EVERY topic/field on the planet from the month/fingers of EVERY fucker on the planet.

Agreed... and having a thread within a thread about the lack of quality on this forum surely does nothing to contribute.

nor does a new Ghost thread every few weeks, and thats really the point here. much the same as the Dissection threads you finally stepped in and moderated.
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only my thread was a good honest one about DIFFERENT RECORD VERSIONS and prices etc
NOT a topical Ghost opinion cockfest

But hey THREAD DERAILED right

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
BulletBelt
banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This album is currently No1 in the Swedish pop charts.

They do not support the MLO or own any Sarcofago lp's.

Why are they being discussed?

Cool
speedfreak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when Opus was released, and I enjoyed the first few spins.
The album grew old like milk, and I lost all interest in the band. Still, the new album received a few spins.
This band's efforts aren't worth the plastic their logo's printed on.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedfreak wrote:
I remember when Opus was released, and I enjoyed the first few spins.
The album grew old like milk, and I lost all interest in the band. Still, the new album received a few spins.
This band's efforts aren't worth the plastic their logo's printed on.

these albums will be taking up space in land fills within a few years or so... obviously the band is capitalizing on this success to the max while they can, and I'm sure they WILL have the last laugh (to the bank) and then onto the next band/gimmick. still, its just surprising to see supposed adults of taste falling for it. did we just stop trying/seeking/caring or what? (don't actually answer that.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: