P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Sadus vs. Dark Angel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Sadus Vs. Dark Angel
Sadus
39%
 39%  [ 34 ]
Dark Angel
60%
 60%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 86

nileppez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Sadus vs. Dark Angel Reply with quote

Dark Angel because of Time Does Not Heal
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Sadus vs. Dark Angel Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:

But that album is crap, hahah.

"You can't hide the hook!"
nileppez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Sadus vs. Dark Angel Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
nileppez wrote:

But that album is crap, hahah.

Yeah. So is Manowar, learning from this thread.

DD while being a great album but simply falls behind (bot by a huge marigin but still_ other albums in this category (i.e. aggressive thrash that isn't really death/thrash), like Spectrum of Death, Beneath the Remains, forever almighty Pleasure to Kill and maybe also Chemical Exposure, matter of preferrence in this case I guess.

TDNH is on the other hand absolute leader in the whole technical thrash category, flawless performance on every instrument, incredible technicality from start to finish with zero unnecessary wankery. Add to this Rhineheart's perfectly fitting bleak vocals, and the well thought-out theme/lyrics written beyond the ideas of any thrash metal at that time, and you've got a masterpiece.
Hellpig

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DARKNESS DESCENDS!!! Nuff said
jv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadus, easily for me.
Illusions is fucking relentless. Gets me every time. I also like Swallowed In Black and the demos.

Darkness Descends is good but I never really fell in love with it. Don't care for Dark Angel's other albums.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
"Darkness Descends" is the best album by either band, but Sadus has the overall better discography, even with "Out for Blood" weighing it down. So it's a coin flip.

Also, am I the only one that prefers "Swallowed in Black" to the debut? Yes, "Illusions" (or whatever you wanna call it) is more vicious, but "Swallowed" is a near-perfect blend of vicious, amazingly fast, and technical in a way that doesn't detract from the experience.

You are not alone. Swallowed is my favorite as well.
Powerdrive

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Angel for me.

I remember a friend of mine coming over after school in maybe 89 and bringing over a 90 minute tape with Darkness Descends on Side A and We Have Arrived on Side B.

He also kept going on and on about another tape he had by what I thought he was saying was "SAWDUST"... I was thinking what the hell kind of name is "SAWDUST" so we stuck to listening to Dark Angel. I found out it was SADUS but he was pronouncing it like SAWDUST.
harald mentor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadus for me! Demos, Illusions + Swallowed. The most rabid metal there is. No problem with early Dark Angel stuff either, but I donīt find myself listening to it that much...
Necrosathanas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadus. The intensity of Illusions and the demos are just amazing. Nothing against Dark Angel though, We Have Arrived and Darkness Descends are great.
weaklingone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who did the cover of illusions? always thought the image was immensely twisted looking. love it.

But I have to go with 'we'll gi'you mercilaaaaaahhhh...'
Wants/Trades: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275935#275935
Good Traders: Golden Bull, Jalmym203, Kakarot SS5 (Sale), Mangled Torsos (Sale), bc, blashyrkh66, Hobophobic (Multiple), dangerass, thevampirictyrant
mlotek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I wish I had the live audio tape of SADUS when they toured for Swallowed in Black. They did every song exactly as the album versions.

Always preferred SADUS to DARK ANGEL, but "We Have Arrived" is one of the catchiest , coolest albums ever.
Satanic Slut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Sadus vs. Dark Angel Reply with quote

Dark Angel for me because of "Leave Scars", when I bought it in 89 I was amazed by the intensity of the music and the anger/hate dripping from the vocals, plus the cover implied some bad shit was (or had) gone down.
The album was a break from the standard metal imagery of the time and seemed to me to deal with the true horrors of everyday human nature, rather than satan and war.
That said however, Sadus had some mean intensity of their own and wrote some great music.
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sadus vs. Dark Angel Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:
TDNH is on the other hand absolute leader in the whole technical thrash category, flawless performance on every instrument, incredible technicality from start to finish with zero unnecessary wankery. Add to this Rhineheart's perfectly fitting bleak vocals, and the well thought-out theme/lyrics written beyond the ideas of any thrash metal at that time, and you've got a masterpiece.

Some of the best lyrics on a thrash album ever IMO. Awesome album!
HELLTHRASHER -l-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a poll. Sadus never can never touch 'We Have Arrived' & 'Darkness Descends'.
http://www.freewebs.com/metalstormzine/
dalecooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLTHRASHER -l- wrote:
What a poll. Sadus never can never touch 'We Have Arrived' & 'Darkness Descends'.

"We Have Arrived" is not a great album by any stretch. I'd take any of Sadus's first four over it. Now "Darkness Descends" on the other hand is one of the best few thrash albums of all time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: