P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Fans of classic 70's Metal and Rock - SKR062CD - CORSAIR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a few shirts left, grab one while you still can.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This band was one of the better discoveries I made this year. Bought all the stuff from the band in an instant after I heard Agathyrsi. Tasteful guitar work, how often does that come by anymore?
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! They appreciate it. Very Happy
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to win a copy for free.

http://www.blistering.com/fastpage/fpengine.php/templateid/29637/menuid/4/tempidx/4839/link/1
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some reviews

Alain, Metal Integral (France)

"CORSAIR revisits old formulas with a real freshness... 4/5" 01.23.2013
Mark Peters, Crossfire Metal (Germany)

7/10 01.23.2013
Album of the Day, Roadburn Festival (Holland)

Jeb Wright, Classic Rock Revisited

"The music is both aggressive and sublime. It is heavy yet hypnotic. The bottom line is that the music of Corsair is the real deal. Grade: A (must own)." 01.20.2013
Iron Hops

"Of note is the fact that this is not a particularly heavy album; it is very, very upbeat, with a lot of happy major-key riffs. This won't surprise the Thin Lizzy fans, but it will be off-putting to a lot of metalheads, who expect to be crushed by darkness most of the time. Grade: B." 01.17.2013
Alberto Vitale, Giornale Metal (Italy)

"Without too many histrionics and trying to be rock with its own footprint, putting on the same level all the musicians and they may not lose a single note of what they do. This is "Corsair". 7.5/10" 01.17.2013
Hellgoat, Pop Dose

"We all know that these new-vintage bands have been cropping up all over the place in the past two years and maybe of them have been really good. Corsair might be the best. 10/10" 01.16.2013
David Gupta, Needs More Noise Gate (Canada)

"Yup. My first 5 out of 5. Corsair have made one of the, if not, the, album of the year. The fact that it's out so early in the year is almost unfair for everyone else For those of you who know how much I love Mastodon's Crack the Skye, I love Corsair almost as much. For those of you who don't know how much I love Crack the Skye, it's my favorite album. Ever. This is an album for anyone who loves music. Period. Great music, great vocals, excellent production, awesome lyrics, perfect length. In short, it's a flawless album. 5/5" 01.16.2013
Mike Smith, Metal Koaz

"Their debut effort is good, hell, it's REALLY good, but I can't help thinking that their next record is going to be REALLY F**KING GOOD! 8/10" 01.16.2013
Brian Krasman, Meat Mead Metal

"This is just a damn fun album, a killer slab of classic heavy metal, and a promising debut from a band whose bright future is built on the past." 01.16.2013
Walter Scheurer, Metal.de

"Nevertheless, fans of melodic NWOBHM pace just going to enjoy "Corsair" as well as prog-lover with a penchant for the early history of the genre." 01.14.2013
Victoria Anderson, This is Not a Scene

"The guitars have that 70s feel to them, very bell bottom blue jeans, wind-swept desert planes, and orange sun setting behind mountains of varying shades of brown." 01.13.2013
Focus on Metal

"Lots of bands have done the twin harmony deal but Robo and Gorham had a unique thing going and the guitarists in Corsair have brought that back to life. 7/10" 01.12.2013
Victoria Anderson, Ghost Cult Magazine

"They are in serious contention to be the Top Album of 2013." 01.2013
David E. Gehlke, Blistering

"Corsair blossoms into an album that should have no problem bro-ing down with the prog geeks, and the suddenly hip, but not really hip, hipster metal crowd. Corsair is going to enjoy being popular. 8.5/10" 01.11.2013
Renato de Filippis, Metal Head (Italy)

" 'Chaemera' showcases the skills of guitar Paul Sebring [and Marie Landragin], the protagonist in a story where the shimmering sounds of its instrument overlook everything else. 7.5/10" 01.11.2013
Chris C, Bloody Good Horror

"A lot of the appeal of the record comes from those solos, the tasty swaths of notes dancing through our heads, topped off with a saturated tone straight out of the days of Eric Clapton and Cream. It's a controlled fuzz, the kind of sound that makes both the guitar and the guitarist seem inhuman, and turns the solos into other-worldly experiences." 01.09.2013
KZSC Santa Cruz 88.1FM, Loud Rock Charts

"This week brings some really neat stuff out of Corsair, a band that actually self released their first full length album back in April, but is now signed with Shadow Kingdom Records..." 01.07.2013
Eric May, The Grim Tower

"The album sounds like it was recorded back in the 80's, but it sounds like it would've stood the test of time in the 80's as well. These guys are great. There's a serious charm to their music that makes it just a joy to listen to. 8/10" 01.07.2013

Zach Duvall, Top 20 of 2012

"Corsair has more hot licks than the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. #19 of 20" 12.2012
Jeremy Witt, Top 20 of 2012

"Since their debut EP, all they've done is write great, fun hard rock and metal jams, and that's exactly what they're still doing here. #14 of 20" 12.2012
Top 10 New Albums of 2012, Rate Your Music

"...one of the most refreshing new HR/HM bands I've heard in a while. #2 0f 10" 12.2012
Cosmicmasseur, Concrete Web, (Belgium)

"...one of those rare but welcome CDs that grabs you from the very first track and holds you enraptured through the entire recording. 95/100" 12.31.2012
Record Boy, (Japan)

" PINK FLOYD MEETS THIN LIZZY!" 12.29.2012
Adam Voorhees, Metal Mouth

"A stunning performance. 8/10" 12.28.2012
Ryan Swope, November 24th Spawned a Monster, Top 20 of 2012

"Wow... I had never heard of this band prior to reviewing this, but now I can't get them out of my head. Crazy, catchy riff rock that will have you smiling from ear to ear. #4 of 20." 12.26.2012
Scott Adams, Metal as Fuck (Australia)

"Albums that cover this much stylistic ground often have trouble maintaining the interest of the casual listener, as there's just not enough generic narrative to hold things together, but that's not the case with Corsair. The quality of the songwriting holds everything together, and this is a compelling, not to mention essential, addition to the collection of any hard rock collection." 12.26.2012
Chris Storey, With Guitars E-Zine

"If you like your rock/metal and are a fan of timeless guitar playing then I suggest you check this album out which is already set as a big contender for album of the year in 2013. 9/10" 12.22.2012
Metal Surfer

"Corsair's debut is one of the few albums in recent memory that I can see metal-heads, indie rockers and my dad all enjoying. Thick 70's style Thin Lizzy guitar-work combined with Lagwagon style vocals are Corsair's recipe, and wow does it deliver." 12.21.2012
Bill Martel, We Love Metal

"If you are one of the fortunate to own this album, tell a friend and have them pick one up. Tell them to ignore the "labels" and just enjoy Corsair for the music they make!" 12.20.2012
Matt Cunningham, Adequacy Indie Music Reviews

"There is much to expected in the future of this band. The song writing continues to grow with each release, and the production quality continues to improve. If there is any negative aspect to this album, it is that the instruments at times do not feel full enough. This is a band that should produce sound to fill a stadium... That being said, this is a band to watch closely and a 'must-own' album for every fan of hard rock and metal. Expect awesome things in their future." 12.20.2012
A.S. Van Dorston, Best Albums of 2012

"Corsair are a Thin Lizzy-worshipping band who are just so damn good at what they do, including some remarkably soulful vocals, that they're a must hear. (Debuts of the Year, #5 in Heavy Rock, Hard Rock, Occult Rock, Neo-Prog, Post-Metal, #24 of 661 Complete 2012 List)" 12.19.2012
Terrible Certainty Zine

"...they're only not a metal act, but strictly speaking it's also misleading to pigeon-hole them as a traditional hard-rock band. There's certainly much of that to be found, and Corsair seems to be aimed squarely at the metal hard/rock fanbase(s), but this album has some serious crossover potential. It's the album you'll reach for when you have to please a car full of friends. As trite as it sounds, there truly is something for just about everyone in Corsair - vintage hard rock values coupled with progressive, genre-jumping sensibilities; but also giant-sized hooks and modern-leaning clean, bright melodies. All are married through cohesive, surprisingly textured songwriting that is immediately impressive, yet reveals a subtle depth with time." 12.18.2012
Michael Haifl, StreetClip.tv (Germany)

"What the guitar duo Paul Sebring and Marie Landragin conjures here, does not resolve only slightly from the classic alarm. Strikingly, however, is the excellent bass playing that is beneficial despite the two guitars in the foreground stays equal. 9/10" 12.18.2012
Victor Varas, Zombie Ritual Zine

"All in all, this is an excellent album of rock, and you can't miss it if you are into the new wave of old style heavy metal, and psychedelic rock." 12.12.2012
Anders Ekdahl, Battle Helm Magazine

"This might be a brand new album released in 2012 but musically this is as old as I am. Drawing from the 70s prog and psychedelia movements this is anything but bland. I'm not the hugest connoisseur of that era's music but I do enjoy it when I hear it. And what I hear on this album I like. This is the kind of music that I can listen to on my earphones." 12.12.2012
Countraven, Forgotten Scroll

"...this debut is one of the very few examples of a record that is heard from the beginning to the end without any skipping, without any filler song to be included, without any mediocre musical moment. Like the good old times folks, one play, one go, you are listening the WHOLE album from the beginning to the end and you want to do it again when it is over!" 12.12.2012
Metal Zine (Poland)

"It is ascetically, but also greasy, especially on the guitar, the amazing harmonies are the hallmark of Corsair. It should be added that one of the guitars support a woman, and the video materials, it can be concluded that the guitar is doing probably better than many scavenger ugly sex. 9/10" 12.11.2012
George Washburn, Metal Disciple

"The production sound certainly comes across like it was recorded in the 70s, but despite that the songs still sound good. The sound is not as full and rounded as albums produced in the last two decades, but because it is still quite clear and because the musicianship is so good, it still works for me." 12.10.2012
Snake Metal Radio

"The songwriting is complex, yet grounded; the songs are filled to the brims with catchy melodies and riffs. Singing is clean and soulful (and shared by three members of the band, each with their own distinct style)." 12.09.2012
Kaj Roth, Rothnroll (Sweden)

"With a sound dated to classic rock, the Virginia based band Corsair's debut album could've been released in 1975." 12.09.2012
Ryan Fairfield, Lunar Doom, Doom Metal Magazine

"It really just sounds like a bunch of metal heads, drinking beers, and jamming the fuck out... that's what stands out most about this debut: it sounds fun! I cannot think of the last metal record that I listened to that put me in a good mood. Let's face it, metal tends to be a real downer sometimes, especially doom metal. This is the total opposite, and without ever resorting to sailing the seas of cheese (here's looking at you thrash-revivalists!)." 12.03.2012
Adrien Begrand, MSN Entertainment Blogs

"It can be epic at times but the songs never meander, subtly whimsical melodies often appear to bring a little levity to the music, but best of all, that singing, simple as it is and split between three members, breathes life into the tracks that a monotonous growler could never do." 12.01.2012
Bonobo, Heavy Law (France)

"Le combo evolue dans un registre assez singulier, melangeant les sonorites des vieux groupes de Rock/Metal et de progressif des annees 70." 11.12.2012
Todd Severin, The Ripple Effect

"Yep, everything I loved about the debut is still there. That fantastic dual lead harmony guitar work, the raw and roughened production, the faint NWOBHM DIY feeling, all the way down to the self-printed CD cover." 09.24.2012
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://shadowkingdomrecords.bandcamp.com/album/alpha-centauri

These 2 were recently released.

pussyfooter

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a perfect band, tremendous twin guitar attack. total support!
Saevus

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out that these guys are from the same city as me and are playing down the road next month. I'll certainly pick some stuff up from them then.
Sinner

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this band is getting better and better...
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer band - pretty big secret even with the internet....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: