P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

RIP jeff hanneman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vapula

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go for that then thanks
asaneoddloon

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forbes article about the business lessons from slayer

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ruthblatt/2013/05/12/business-lessons-from-slayer-a-reflection-in-honor-of-jeff-hanneman/

at the end of the article theres a blurb that says

"A memorial service for Hanneman will be held later this month"
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TacoBell wrote:
How do the re-issues sound on vinyl?

Probably as good as the CD re-issues.
boogs

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The records on that Vinyl conflict box have all been remastered. I saw the records and some of the covers look like bootlegs, especially God Hates Us All (original doesn't look better though) and Diabolus. I never listened to them as I already have all the albums but the records always sounded better than the CDs, especially everything post 95 which was ultrabrickwalled.
Now is probably the wrongest moment to buy Slayer records. Paying 35 for Reign in Blood or South of Heaven is a joke.
Weltbrand

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
Paying 35 for Reign in Blood or South of Heaven is a joke.

LOL, okay guy. I could price mint copies of RIB at $50 all day long at the store and they would sell and that has nothing to do with Hanneman's passing. $35 is a straight deal for a fucking 25+ year old record that rips as hard as that one. The prices won't be going down on either of those anytime soon..

On a different note, I think the best format for RIB is the original cassette. Listening to that on headphones is a life-changing experience.
boogs

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consider yourself lucky then. It might depend on where you live but it shouldn't be hard to get those records for like 20 tops in Germany or most parts of Europe. I mean there's so many copies of those out there. If somebody's desperate and needs to drop 50 on a copy right now, all the better for you.
asaneoddloon

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memorial date set

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/05/15/slayer-sets-public-memorial-service-for-jeff-hanneman/2164477/
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I NEVER see RiB/HA/SNM for less than 40 in VG+ condition. I don't have a copy of RiB anymore and am always on the lookout.

Also Metallica LPs seem to also have become prime real estate (seriously I bought every Metallica LP as a teenager for $12.99 in the used bins it's not uncommon for a copy of MoP to sell for $35-50 these days....
ADB

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I've seen heaps of decent RiB's in VG condition at least going for between $15 to $25. They pressed fuckloads of that record, shouldn't be that hard to track down
Weltbrand

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking as someone who has worked in record stores for the last decade, Slayer LPs are not very common, especially not in good condition. Yes they pressed a ton but it's also a record that a lot of people hold onto and it has crossover appeal between punks, metal heads and industrial types. 'Live Undead' and 'Haunting the Chapel' pop up more often than others, but RIB and Seasons not so much. I've actually never laid eyes upon a clean, non-promo copy of Seasons. I realize this might not be the case outside of the USA but I've been to a lot of record stores around the country and never find a stocked up Slayer LP section ever.

Metallica is more common but again, finding nice NM copies is harder and harder as time goes on.
mlotek

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:
Really? I've seen heaps of decent RiB's in VG condition at least going for between $15 to $25. They pressed fuckloads of that record, shouldn't be that hard to track down

If you can list some record stores you seen it in, that can help the board members, then please....
captainretardo

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy of Seasons has a bad scratch, and I wanted to replace it a few years ago. I had no luck with the local shops, and a quick scan online made me say 'fuck that' and get a cd copy. Less than $30 or whatever is dreamland.

I saw a VG+ Live Undead for $60 in a shop 2-3 two weeks ago. I thought that one was a $30ish record.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:

For me it's not such a huge deal, I have the CD copy I bought when I was 12 so it's never a top want, but I can't recall seeing copies pop up frequently

Metallica LPs I see more frequently, but they are so ridiculously overpriced thse days, as is everything now though.... a lot of record stores aren't even pricing based on condition, just the album itself which speaks to the heart of this vinyl craze - "oh a beat to shit copy of Garage Days with scratches and surface noise? Seems like a $40 record eh lads"
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
Metallica LPs I see more frequently, but they are so ridiculously overpriced thse days, as is everything now though.... a lot of record stores aren't even pricing based on condition, just the album itself which speaks to the heart of this vinyl craze - "oh a beat to shit copy of Garage Days with scratches and surface noise? Seems like a $40 record eh lads"

It is the vinyl format itself that pushes up the prices. Not the music. Nobody gives a fuck about CD's.

"You can't hide the hook!"
ironservant666

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe those prices. Even here in Finland, where records are very expensive, you can find those Slayer LP's with max. 20 per piece. Old pressings of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: