P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

O'Riffs experience?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gruwel



Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 261
Location: West Coast, Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: O'Riffs experience? Reply with quote

Any experience with them? They contacted us on Facebook mentioning something about making tapes or distributing our material but I can't find much on them and their site won't load.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robotdie



Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 307
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, I just got an email from him too last week or so, English was a bit broken so it was hard to tell what exactly he wanted. I had never heard of it up to this point.
_________________
http://frostrot.bandcamp.com/
http://blacksabre.bandcamp.com/
http://plagues1.bandcamp.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stalinorgel
banned


Joined: 08 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had one trade with him, went fine and without problems. His distro is not very interesting and his English indeed very broken, but can't say anything bad about him actually.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gruwel



Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 261
Location: West Coast, Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robotdie wrote:
No idea, I just got an email from him too last week or so, English was a bit broken so it was hard to tell what exactly he wanted. I had never heard of it up to this point.

Let me guess, this email?
Hey
I present you ORIFFS SHOP
www.facebook.com/oriffs.shop
French Mailorder on this scene since 1992
I want distribute SPEEDGURU
Send me CD. I want check in details quality layout / cd sound .
- Possible DISTRIBUTION
- Possible RELEASE TAPE - DVD - COMPILATION
Too, do you have TSHIRT.?
TALK SOON
ORIFFS SHOP
( warning : it s NOT a fucking bastard spam )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikael



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 1902

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they spam whoever they can. Already got this shit twice into my inbox, although I mentioned first time that it's the label who handles these things and not the band. And fuck, they make the contact and wants a cd so they can hear and see it before making business, sure...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NecroDoom



Joined: 10 Aug 2010
Posts: 358
Location: +++rotting+++hell+++

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did with him 2 trades, no problem. if i remember correctly he sent his stuff first.
_________________
+++ +++ +++
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlutUndKrieg



Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Posts: 85
Location: USA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gruwel wrote:
robotdie wrote:
No idea, I just got an email from him too last week or so, English was a bit broken so it was hard to tell what exactly he wanted. I had never heard of it up to this point.

Let me guess, this email?
Hey
I present you ORIFFS SHOP
www.facebook.com/oriffs.shop
French Mailorder on this scene since 1992
I want distribute SPEEDGURU
Send me CD. I want check in details quality layout / cd sound .
- Possible DISTRIBUTION
- Possible RELEASE TAPE - DVD - COMPILATION
Too, do you have TSHIRT.?
TALK SOON
ORIFFS SHOP
( warning : it s NOT a fucking bastard spam )



I received a very similar email as to this one. Can't vouch regarding trades with his distro but this guy seems to spam bands especially newer ones for free material.. He contacted me on sending my band's demo at the time with these same requests, never heard anything back of course. Funny thing is 4 years later I get the same email for another band I have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HÝrus



Joined: 07 Dec 2010
Posts: 1896

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reliable. But weird guy. And weird taste.
Also, another guy that seems to be more her for politics than music itself.
_________________
2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gruwel



Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 261
Location: West Coast, Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlutUndKrieg wrote:
I received a very similar email as to this one. Can't vouch regarding trades with his distro but this guy seems to spam bands especially newer ones for free material.. He contacted me on sending my band's demo at the time with these same requests, never heard anything back of course. Funny thing is 4 years later I get the same email for another band I have.

Hm, I replied saying we weren't interested as we don't have a CD and are releasing our stuff ourselves and his response was just "SURE LET ME KNOW WHEN PRESS CD" Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Azmoth



Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Posts: 851

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed he's a glorious case of engrish.
But, on the contrary to what has been said, he's not here more for politics than music, as he released tons of tapes, in different styles.

I recognize he's clumsy when introducing his activities etc. Still he's reliable. He gets almost no money from the tape releases he's doing, but be sure the 100 or 200 copies will be spread around.
He contacts bands in this goal, and he prefers to listen to a full album or demo on his hifi better than 2 tracks on Facebook. Sounds normal to me.

Do not expect digipack releases, or gatefold LP on gold vinyl and dildo boxset, but if you want to spread your album on tape format, the old fashioned way, feel free to work with him.

Sometimes I have communication issues with him (I carry some of his tape releases) but in the end everything is fine.
_________________
http://www.forgottenwisdomprod.com
http://soundcloud.com/forgottenwisdomprod
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MetalManiaxe



Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Posts: 308

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got this one aswell.

he wanted me to send him a cd so he could "check it sounded like a kill record.and see how it looked" he refused to listen to the record online and to buy it. but offered a 50/50 split on all cds sold through his distro. seemed like a load of shit.
_________________
Label

http://www.facebook.com/tombsinthevalleyproductions

www.tombsinthevalley.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gruwel



Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 261
Location: West Coast, Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalManiaxe wrote:
got this one aswell.

he wanted me to send him a cd so he could "check it sounded like a kill record.and see how it looked" he refused to listen to the record online and to buy it. but offered a 50/50 split on all cds sold through his distro. seemed like a load of shit.

Yeah, all in all doesn't really sound like it's worth it for us.

Almost forgot what it was like having a band profile on a social network... Trade requests and "promotion" offers all over the place Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
heretik



Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Posts: 376
Location: Quebec

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I traded CDs with him once, and all of them were scratched.
_________________
www.productionsheretiques.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MetalManiaxe



Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Posts: 308

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must point out to that my release was £3 to buy or £2 wholesale, i mean come on thats the price of a fucking baguette. haha
_________________
Label

http://www.facebook.com/tombsinthevalleyproductions

www.tombsinthevalley.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shadow Kingdom



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 1483

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spammed me for free CDs to see if they're "quality enough" for his approval. Laughing
_________________
http://store.shadowkingdomrecords.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group