P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Prague Death Mass vol.II 12.-13.7.2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ 13 & Dalihrob:
Thanks!
cmflesh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, should I bring CZK or EUR to the merch tables?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. I'll accept anything but I won't be working this time. Others are doing the merch for me. I'll check with the organizer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both EUR and CZK is accepted at the merch/distro tables, only CZK at the bar.
S.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know, thank you.
call_from_stars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: absinthe Reply with quote

a handful of tips I gathered for my foreign friends:

I see that many of you are interested in absinth and hence: beware of false absinth in Prague! Czech republic doesn't have any legal regulations regarding what is and what is not absinth (fortunately there's EU directive on the way), so most of the 'absinth' sold in Prague to tourists is just false bullshit made of non-quality alcohol, sugar and chemical colors. These fake dung "absinths" taste horrendously and are still sold for absurd prices. However there's still enough of top notch shit even for regular prices. You need to know where to go and what to avoid.

CHEMICAL SHIT (not real absith - avoid at any cost!): Hill’s, Fruko Schulz, Palírna U Zeleného stromu, Jarosek, Absinthium 1792, Zele X, Absint 70, Tunel
MACERATE - CHEMICALY COLORED (rather try something better): Zelená múza, Staroplzenecký, Metelka, Red, Pražský, Jekyl & Hyde
NATURAL MACERATES (good and quite cheap stuff): Bairnsfather (Absinth, Bitter, Reality) Absinth 35, Delis 34, King of Spirits/Gold
THE REAL DEAL (distilled natural macerate, excellent quality, little bit expensive): St.Antoine, Oliva Supériure, Devil, Toulouse Lautrec, Sinopale, Heironymus Bosch Temptation, L‘exceptionel..

you know, only real absinth is real..

as for 'price/performance ratio' I usually stick to Birnsfather (as I am cheap bastard), usually it's cheap and widely available. from the top quality ones I prefer St. Antoine, it's affordable despite it's excellent quality and it's made by real enthusiast.

ABSINTH BARS / SHOPS

a friend sent me this link, asking if it's any good

http://www.prague-guide.co.uk/articles/green-fairy-%E2%80%93-czech-absinthe.html

my reply follows:

well depends, there're three in that link
first and foremost, avoid the first one - Absinthe Time - at any cost, they serve chemical shit (which has nothing to do with absinth) almost exlusively and they have it priced as pure gold, it's for stupid snobs and tourists who don't know anything about absinth at all..pure rip off.
I don't know the middle one but I'm almost sure it's one of the many rip off bullshit stores for tourists you see all round Prague, avoid that as well.
the third in Jilska street can be recomended, it's still rather a tourist atraction but has style, prices are high but not ridiculous (actually it's not bad at all given the locataion in the heart of the old city) and they actualy do have huge selection of excellent quality absinths from round the world (specially from France, Switzerland, Germany and Czech rep)

there's one more place that can be recomended, Hemingway Bar Prague.

it's actually a coctail bar but no shitty disco for faggot italians. place with style and good selection, absinth can be served with fountains and see-saws here..
there're surely more places but I'm not from Prague so I don't know about 'em all. I recomend you to bear the list of things to avoid with you, a lot of czech bars (and people in general, especially when the tourists are in sight) are rip off, they'll tell you that they serve the real shit and will give you something horrible or they don't know, what they're serving, most of the people are poorly educated about crucial issues like beer or absinthe.

THUJONE

all myths about thujone hallucinations are bullshit. over.

real absinth contains only small quantities of thujone, and therefore it is extremely unlikely that thujone is responsible for absinthe's alleged psychedelic effects. some of the manufacturers add chemical extracts of thujone oils (some of them only claim they do) and market their shit is dangerous or real or whatever. this is bullshit, do not trust anyone who tries to convince you about this myth. even if you would drink the strongest thujone absinth ever, you'would have to drink like 70 litres of it to get some hallucinations. that's ridiculous. thujone however stays in the body for a while, so when you're wasted on absinthe on daily basis and your liver start to colapse, you migh get altered state of consciousness but then thujone is not the problem you have. after all, all pathological alcholics have delirium tremens thujone or not. beat the posers down!

SERVING WITH WATER / (BURNING) SUGAR

I) serving real absinth with burning sugar is sacrilege.
- if you need to try this because it's looking so cool, you're trendy homo. but shit's quite commonplace among the uneducated and tourists. the poeple who also enjoy paying almost ten times the worth of their false and unpalatable drinks.
II) drinking real absinth from shots and downing three in a minute to get wasted is sacrilege.
- yeah, everyone cares how much strong liquor you can down you filthy freak.

the real absinth is made to be drank mixed with ice cool water. real absinths and good macerates will make the louche effect (the drink will look like milk). the ratio W:A ranges from 1,5:1 to 5:1, it depends. it's not to because you just couldn't drink it pure but because of the tastes of herbal elements to fully uncoil. using of the sugar is optional, I personaly am sick of all the sugar and sweeteners everywhere, so I prefer my drink without it.

next time a little rant about the most important thing at all, the beer..

Last edited by call_from_stars on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Wolfram

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally found these two excellent absinthes when in Prague last year:

Wolfram

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up for the nice absinte story by the way..
call_from_stars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
I personally found these two excellent absinthes when in Prague last year:

[img]

yes, that's St. Antoine! for those interested, this is the producers website:

http://www.zufanek.cz/en/products/absinthe-st-antoine
Abgrund

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold out Smile

Tradelist: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=542354#542354
cmflesh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abgrund wrote:
Sold out Smile

The bust trip to bone church is sold out, not the fest.. YET.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: absinthe Reply with quote

call_from_stars wrote:
a handful of tips I gathered for my foreign friends:

I see that many of you are interested in absinth and hence: beware of false absinth in Prague! Czech republic doesn't have any legal regulations regarding what is and what is not absinth (fortunately there's EU directive on the way), so most of the 'absinth' sold in Prague to tourists is just false bullshit made of non-quality alcohol, sugar and chemical colors. These fake dung "absinths" taste horrendously and are still sold for absurd prices. However there's still enough of top notch shit even for regular prices. You need to know where to go and what to avoid.

CHEMICAL SHIT (not real absith - avoid at any cost!): Hill’s, Fruko Schulz, Palírna U Zeleného stromu, Jarosek, Absinthium 1792, Zele X, Absint 70, Tunel
MACERATE - CHEMICALY COLORED (rather try something better): Zelená múza, Staroplzenecký, Metelka, Red, Pražský, Jekyl & Hyde
NATURAL MACERATES (good and quite cheap stuff): Bairnsfather (Absinth, Bitter, Reality) Absinth 35, Delis 34, King of Spirits/Gold
THE REAL DEAL (distilled natural macerate, excellent quality, little bit expensive): St.Antoine, Oliva Supériure, Devil, Toulouse Lautrec, Sinopale, Heironymus Bosch Temptation, L‘exceptionel..

you know, only real absinth is real..

as for 'price/performance ratio' I usually stick to Birnsfather (as I am cheap bastard), usually it's cheap and widely available. from the top quality ones I prefer St. Antoine, it's affordable despite it's excellent quality and it's made by real enthusiast.

ABSINTH BARS / SHOPS

a friend sent me this link, asking if it's any good

http://www.prague-guide.co.uk/articles/green-fairy-%E2%80%93-czech-absinthe.html

my reply follows:

well depends, there're three in that link
first and foremost, avoid the first one - Absinthe Time - at any cost, they serve chemical shit (which has nothing to do with absinth) almost exlusively and they have it priced as pure gold, it's for stupid snobs and tourists who don't know anything about absinth at all..pure rip off.
I don't know the middle one but I'm almost sure it's one of the many rip off bullshit stores for tourists you see all round Prague, avoid that as well.
the third in Jilska street can be recomended, it's still rather a tourist atraction but has style, prices are high but not ridiculous (actually it's not bad at all given the locataion in the heart of the old city) and they actualy do have huge selection of excellent quality absinths from round the world (specially from France, Switzerland, Germany and Czech rep)

there's one more place that can be recomended, Hemingway Bar Prague.

it's actually a coctail bar but no shitty disco for faggot italians. place with style and good selection, absinth can be served with fountains and see-saws here..
there're surely more places but I'm not from Prague so I don't know about 'em all. I recomend you to bear the list of things to avoid with you, a lot of czech bars (and people in general, especially when the tourists are in sight) are rip off, they'll tell you that they serve the real shit and will give you something horrible or they don't know, what they're serving, most of the people are poorly educated about crucial issues like beer or absinthe.

THUJONE

all myths about thujone hallucinations are bullshit. over.

real absinth contains only small quantities of thujone, and therefore it is extremely unlikely that thujone is responsible for absinthe's alleged psychedelic effects. some of the manufacturers add chemical extracts of thujone oils (some of them only claim they do) and market their shit is dangerous or real or whatever. this is bullshit, do not trust anyone who tries to convince you about this myth. even if you would drink the strongest thujone absinth ever, you'would have to drink like 70 litres of it to get some hallucinations. that's ridiculous. thujone however stays in the body for a while, so when you're wasted on absinthe on daily basis and your liver start to colapse, you migh get altered state of consciousness but then thujone is not the problem you have. after all, all pathological alcholics have delirium tremens thujone or not. beat the posers down!

SERVING WITH WATER / (BURNING) SUGAR

I) serving real absinth with burning sugar is sacrilege.
- if you need to try this because it's looking so cool, you're trendy homo. but shit's quite commonplace among the uneducated and tourists. the poeple who also enjoy paying almost ten times the worth of their false and unpalatable drinks.
II) drinking real absinth from shots and downing three in a minute to get wasted is sacrilege.
- yeah, everyone cares how much strong liquor you can down you filthy freak.

the real absinth is made to be drank mixed with ice cool water. real absinths and good macerates will make the louche effect (the drink will look like milk). the ratio W:A ranges from 1,5:1 to 5:1, it depends. it's not to because you just couldn't drink it pure but because of the tastes of herbal elements to fully uncoil. using of the sugar is optional, I personaly am sick of all the sugar and sweeteners everywhere, so I prefer my drink without it.

next time a little rant about the most important thing at all, the beer..

Best post on NWN ever.
I have a big bottle of The Green Fairy Absinth from my last visit. The bottle is so nice I don't even want to open it, ha. Any thoughts on the brand?
call_from_stars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: absinthe Reply with quote

13 wrote:
Best post on NWN ever.
I have a big bottle of The Green Fairy Absinth from my last visit. The bottle is so nice I don't even want to open it, ha. Any thoughts on the brand?

if you mean the czech made one, which is of pastel colors, then sorry, this is exactly what goes straight in trash. if you mean some other, I'm not familiar with it. but you don't necessarily need to taste every absinth to recognize it's false, the easy filter is the color. absinth is green thanks to chlorophyll and that is really not gonna give you the turquoise color (or red or any other color which suits hookers' nail polish and not a gentleman's drink), so everything that looks chemical indeed is a chemical shit that has nothing in common with absinth. chlorophyll slowly disintegrates so real absints are turning more and more olive or so and the archived absinths from the end of 19th century look more like whiskey by now. however not all real absinths need to have this color! the chlorophyll gets in the absinth in the additional maceration process of some herbs after the distillation of the original macerate - this is typical for 'verte' absinths. but there are also 'blanche' absinths which do not go through this additional maceration, so they're pure after the destilation and look like just like vodka or gin or whatever, this is typical for Swiss absinths. it's like with whiskey, that is also clear after the distillation and gets it's color from the maturing in the barrels (and from charcoal and other shit).

real absinths also depends on definition, the very die hard absinths maniacs recognize as absinth only those, that contain the so called holy trinity of herbs: artemisia absinthium (aka grand wormwood), green anise and sweet fennel. the herbs must be macerated in cereal or wine ethanol and then distilled.
the other less die hard definition requires just the distillation process and wormwood.
I also refer to natural macerates (not chemically colored or flavoured) as to absinth but I don't consider them real. it's like buying some Terraturr Possessiona album on a CD hahaha.

Last edited by call_from_stars on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget all that copycat-crap (the equivalent to drink some normal Pastis Pernod instead, same effect), if you want to drink REAL Absinthe, come to Switzerland. Of course you wont get the real deal in a hipster-bar, but with some connections and good manners (!) you can ask a local farmer in the Jurassian mountains, they still brew illegal stuff clandestinely.

But be sure to have one leg still working to "brake" if things start to turn around you.
Dalihrob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaand it's SOLD OUT

The bus trip to Sedlec Ossuary is also sold-out.

Quote:
!!! PRAGUE DEATH MASS vol. II is SOLD OUT !!!

All the tickets gone, all the tickets processed and mailed out. If you are missing your already paid ticket, please email to info at shindy dot cz, include your Invoice ID or Unique transaction ID, your request will be processed shortly. Please note that the eitckets are being mailed out to the same email address that you use to login your PayPal account. Also, check your spam folder / junk mail too since the email message includes URL’s and may be considered as a spam sometimes.

Please make sure you have your eticket printed out when you come to the Prague Death Mass II. for a faster check-in. We will be hardly able to solve any lost / not delivered etickets directly at the PDM II.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 11 of 20

Jump to: