P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MARE LIVE IN USA!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ascetic wrote:
13 wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, we can't all like the same things.
He is wrong though. Faggot.

So I am a homosexual because I do not hold the same opinion as you? Not a particularly intellectual, philosophical individual, are you!? Or perhaps you are joking - no 'emoticon' so no way to tell, is there? Wink

As D.A.D. once sang: "See, I'd like to share your point of view
As long as it's my view too"

I'm just jerking your chain.
Ascetic
banned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Ascetic on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Professor Black

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrippingInsanity wrote:
Oh shit. I just saw this thread and yelped in excitement when I saw this is being held in Chicago. October sure is going to be a hell of a month with Sabbat on the 12th, Goblin on the 13th, and then this on the 19th.

Hawkwind on the 16th as well.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ascetic wrote:

Can't fathom where the hype is originating from. Unless it is purely because they are from Norway... (?)

I'm pretty sure the Norway hype machine died at least 15 years ago.
Perhaps people simply like the music and would like to experience it in a live setting ?
MT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Ascetic wrote:

Can't fathom where the hype is originating from. Unless it is purely because they are from Norway... (?)

I'm pretty sure the Norway hype machine died at least 15 years ago.

I can assure you it didn't.
When booking tours or trying to score a label deal the SWE, NOR or FIN label attached to the band name always delivers. It's stupid but it's 100% true. Sadly...
Please note: I'm not saying that Scandinavian (and Finnish) black metal bands are bad or whatever... (of course there are some... as everywhere)
Vapula

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ascetic wrote:

If anything being from Norway would go against them people have constantly been giving out about the Norwegian scene past and present for the last few years.

And you have Necroholocaust doing the fuck Norway thing and pictures being passed around of Black Winds in a Fuck Norway shirt so you will have the usual bandwagoner kvlt fan boys who probably loved most Norwegian bands up until then hating them because they saw Black Winds wearing that shirt.

Last edited by Vapula on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you call Mare playing in the evening?

A nightmare. Idea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's agree not to agree, folks. If you think Mare is boring, stay at home, it's as easy as that. Let's get back to what this thread is all about; Hawkwind.
Hawkwind is playing in Chicago on the 16th? Shocked
astralvesl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ascetic wrote:

I was referring to the comp that was released earlier. (The two releases together - I forget the other's name.) I'm sure you knew this, though...

No I didn't, your post made you seem like on of those "I haven't actually listened to the whole album but here's my half-assed review that just so happens to go against the grain" people. The band is far from stellar and I think their recordings are pretty lackluster, but they are a great live band and when it comes to black metal there aren't too many of those. You've got all these people here telling you how great the band is live, and yet you still posit that the hype is merely because of their country of origin? Come on son. Just enjoy the music or don't, opinions on the band don't really belong in a show thread anyway.
heretik

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
Just enjoy the music or don't, opinions on the band don't really belong in a show thread anyway.

Words of wisdom.

Looking forward to this event!
ypatingasisburys

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ascetic wrote:

I vehemently stand behind my comment regarding the track Spheres Like Death.

You're attempting to drag the bands name through the mud, in a topic created soley for the promotion of a one off performance they're doing on the other side of the planet, because you don't like one of their interludes. This really isn't a matter of you having to like the band or not, you're just making yourself look like a jag-off..

And I agree with some of the previous posters, the Norwegian 'thing' died by the late 90's.

In any case,let's cut the shit out of this topic already- there are people coming into Chicago from all over North America and Europe for this, they shouldn't have to sift through 50 pages of nonsense to keep up on up-to-date and pertinent information on the show. Go talk shit on lastfm or something..
siegeresist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ypatingasisburys wrote:
Ascetic wrote:

I vehemently stand behind my comment regarding the track Spheres Like Death.

You're attempting to drag the bands name through the mud, in a topic created soley for the promotion of a one off performance they're doing on the other side of the planet, because you don't like one of their interludes. This really isn't a matter of you having to like the band or not, you're just making yourself look like a jag-off..

And I agree with some of the previous posters, the Norwegian 'thing' died by the late 90's.

In any case,let's cut the shit out of this topic already- there are people coming into Chicago from all over North America and Europe for this, they shouldn't have to sift through 50 pages of nonsense to keep up on up-to-date and pertinent information on the show. Go talk shit on lastfm or something..

Great response!

I do not understand some people's fetish for deterring thread topics to such nonsense things like subjective opinions that you really can not argue because they are just opinions.
Ascetic
banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Ascetic on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
siegeresist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ascetic wrote:
siegeresist wrote:
I do not understand some people's fetish for deterring thread topics to such nonsense things like subjective opinions that you really can not argue because they are just opinions.

Subjective opinions on an internet forum!? Outrageous!

Only a fool would fail to realise that discussions between adults evolve. The thread pertains to a band's live appearance, yet you forbid any talk of the band...?

Thread almost entirely full of Americans, so I should not be surprised at the level of ignorance displayed. Enjoy your little 'post opinions but only if we agree with them' boy's club!

(By the way, I noticed yesterday that there are a few live Mare videos on Youtube... Two guys standing motionless with a pentagram on the floor. Impressive! Hah!)

Okay we will. Thanks!
astralvesl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ascetic wrote:

Thread almost entirely full of Americans, so I should not be surprised at the level of ignorance displayed. Enjoy your little 'post opinions but only if we agree with them' boy's club!

I know I didn't just see a Scotsman disparage another culture for being ignorant and obnoxious. But seriously, I don't think anyone has a problem w/ your opinion, just the way you've chosen to express it. I take it you won't me making it to the show, so it's pretty obvious you just came into the show thread to voice your opinion in a way you knew would incite people, congrats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 9 of 20

Jump to: