P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Agalloch - Pale Folklore vinyl reissue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original press was 1,000. The End had 300 for sale, and the band has 700. If there's a repress it might be 300 to 1,000 more copies for all we know. I guess they'll ship out next month.
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe The End just got left overs from the band that werent sold on the tour. Seems like to quick of a turnaround for a 2nd pressing.
Descension

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harorld wrote:
i'd say i want my money back but i also really want pale folklore on vinyl. fuck. this is the last thing i buy from the end.

The problem with this is that there has been zero communication until I emailed them.

Here is their response:

Quote:

Dear -,
We only shipped the first 300 and the rest are currently in production and should ship around August. You have not been forgotten.
harorld

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i just say that the end records fucking blows.
GiantCogs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed them. They said production delays have prevented my order fulfillment. This is a pretty ridiculous wait.
harorld

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantCogs wrote:
I emailed them. They said production delays have prevented my order fulfillment. This is a pretty ridiculous wait.

yeah, right? wtf?

i emailed them to find out what was going on and was told that 'production delays' are now pushing the release to November now, this after I was told 'sometime in August'. the email also (unprompted) assured me that they shipped out the 'original' orders and the band also got "some" copies. they went on (unprompted by me) to assure me that the they weren't lying about the production numbers which makes me kind of think that they ARE lying about the production numbers.

i fucking ordered my copy of the repress on the day it was announced, within the first couple of hours after it was announced. i fail to believe that my order wasn't one of the first ones to go through. i know agalloch is pretty popular and all, but i highly doubt 300 copies of the repress of Pale Folklore sold out in 120 minutes.

anyone know if paypal has protection against this kind of bullshit? i kinda want my money back and don't want any more the-end-records releases contaminating my shit.
GiantCogs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They used to be a pretty cool label. I don't understand how they devolved so drastically.
voidecay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harorld wrote:
GiantCogs wrote:

yeah, right? wtf?

i emailed them to find out what was going on and was told that 'production delays' are now pushing the release to November now, this after I was told 'sometime in August'. the email also (unprompted) assured me that they shipped out the 'original' orders and the band also got "some" copies. they went on (unprompted by me) to assure me that the they weren't lying about the production numbers which makes me kind of think that they ARE lying about the production numbers.

i fucking ordered my copy of the repress on the day it was announced, within the first couple of hours after it was announced. i fail to believe that my order wasn't one of the first ones to go through. i know agalloch is pretty popular and all, but i highly doubt 300 copies of the repress of Pale Folklore sold out in 120 minutes.

anyone know if paypal has protection against this kind of bullshit? i kinda want my money back and don't want any more the-end-records releases contaminating my shit.
They are a big label. I highly doubt they would cheat people out of their money. Just ask them for a refund if you're that fed up with it. I wouldn't report it to Paypal.

I bought my buddy a copy of this for his birthday so I'm pretty surprised about the delays but it happens I suppose. As long as he gets his record, I'll be happy.

For the record, the release did sell out according to their site. It was put back up for sale not too long after. I bought my buddies record a day after I ordered my own and I was one of the 300 to get a copy in May.
BaronOvHell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot I ordered this....
astralvesl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidecay wrote:

For the record, the release did sell out according to their site. It was put back up for sale not too long after. I bought my buddies record a day after I ordered my own and I was one of the 300 to get a copy in May.

I didn't buy it, but that kinda makes it sound like they're fucking with the limitation.
Fork Tongue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harorld wrote:
GiantCogs wrote:

yeah, right? wtf?

I ordered mine first day also and I got mine way back when they originally said I would.
Fork Tongue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
voidecay wrote:

I didn't buy it, but that kinda makes it sound like they're fucking with the limitation.

I'm almost positive 300 went to The End and 700 went to the band. I'm thinking they're definitely making a new run.
harorld

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i think i would rather spend the nearly $40 elsewhere. i really don't like how the end records is not forthcoming with what they're actually selling in terms of numbers. i dont give a shit if someplace like HHB doesn't disclose the run, but i sure as shit don't like it when someone states one thing, then waffles a bit, sells out, then immediately puts it back for sale and never lets customers know what the hell is going on. it just felt like the end records was hoping that people would forget that they put an order in months ago, like they were hard up for cash and needed to grab some $$ from fans really quick.
Fork Tongue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harorld wrote:
yeah, i think i would rather spend the nearly $40 elsewhere. i really don't like how the end records is not forthcoming with what they're actually selling in terms of numbers. i dont give a shit if someplace like HHB doesn't disclose the run, but i sure as shit don't like it when someone states one thing, then waffles a bit, sells out, then immediately puts it back for sale and never lets customers know what the hell is going on. it just felt like the end records was hoping that people would forget that they put an order in months ago, like they were hard up for cash and needed to grab some $$ from fans really quick.

It's foggy but I'm almost positive the band responded to me on FB and said 300 to the end and 700 to the band to sell on tour. I could be wrong though.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was the number they are selling, 300 for label and 700 for band which is why i ordered mine right away back then.

They're clearly changing the numbers and doing an extra print run. These are the reasons the preorder madness is a bit toxic to metal community, too many fuckups at the plants seem to suddenly happen and delays occur. Accounting is not always a strong point with these projects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: