P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

cultes des ghoules poll
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

haxan or henbane
haxan
30%
 30%  [ 21 ]
henbane
69%
 69%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 68

Author Message
hellkunt



Joined: 25 Oct 2009
Posts: 68
Location: deep inside that cunt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: cultes des ghoules poll Reply with quote

i've been listening to haxan and henbane a lot lately, what a beast of an albums both are, i think both will get classic and cult status in the future anyway i slightly lean towards haxan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jameswolfe



Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Posts: 1851

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love both albums, but for me its Haxan easily. Henbane is cathchier and more immediate. Haxan is sick and depraved and grows on you. I think it is a little deeper.
_________________
When pussy calls your name.....there's no way back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fallen_Empire
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H A X A N B A N E...............
Back to top
harorld



Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. i love them both. wish i didn't sleep on the haxan vinyl when it came out tho Sad

Fallen_Empire wrote:
H A X A N B A N E...............
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jv



Joined: 28 Mar 2013
Posts: 738

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are great, but I prefer Haxan by a bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morfumax



Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 835
Location: Potomac Maryland, United States

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love both but Henbane wins out by a slight bit. Spectres is equal to Henbane imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GhoulesDesCultes



Joined: 26 Jun 2013
Posts: 86

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harorld wrote:
wish i didn't sleep on the haxan vinyl when it came out tho Sad

It's getting repressed soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
asmael LeBouc



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3247
Location: Paris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henbane.

Much prefer Haxan's artwork but musically, Henbane is outstanding.
Also slept on Haxan DLP. Very pleased with the repress
_________________
DISJECTA MEMBRAE plays Vomitive Doom

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1603

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we really need another CdG thread? We already have one for Henbane -- which is about 50 pages deep -- where this can be discussed. I like the band but I feel like some of you are taking this overboard.

I can see this band being the next to get labeled as "overrated and worthless" - a la Watain, Weapon - in the next year. (Though Cultes is much better than most bands that get hyped, and much better than the aforementioned).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zone



Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 993
Location: United Christianized States of America

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
Do we really need another CdG thread? We already have one for Henbane -- which is about 50 pages deep -- where this can be discussed. I like the band but I feel like some of you are taking this overboard.

I can see this band being the next to get labeled as "overrated and worthless" - a la Watain, Weapon - in the next year. (Though Cultes is much better than most bands that get hyped, and much better than the aforementioned).


Why would that be the case? They haven't streamlined their sound from the little I've heard, in fact they've gotten more extreme with their riffs, vocals, and material.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1603

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
Do we really need another CdG thread? We already have one for Henbane -- which is about 50 pages deep -- where this can be discussed. I like the band but I feel like some of you are taking this overboard.

I can see this band being the next to get labeled as "overrated and worthless" - a la Watain, Weapon - in the next year. (Though Cultes is much better than most bands that get hyped, and much better than the aforementioned).


Why would that be the case? They haven't streamlined their sound from the little I've heard, in fact they've gotten more extreme with their riffs, vocals, and material.


Just because of how much "hype" it's getting. Even as a fan it's a bit annoying. I can see the cool kids/hipsters shitting on the band for that alone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zombie Dance



Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Posts: 1185

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The songs from the split with Goat Tyrany are really outstanding. Among their most obscure stuff, crazy vibe on those.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hevosrunkkari



Joined: 18 Nov 2011
Posts: 277
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither - Spectres over Transylvania.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gehinnom



Joined: 25 Feb 2011
Posts: 327

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bored of reading/hearing about this band....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TD666



Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 38
Location: Minsk, Krywia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hevosrunkkari wrote:
Neither - Spectres over Transylvania.

THIS
_________________
Tradelist: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37089
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group