P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Out now on Ancient Records - Hädanfärd, Grav etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinhas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:
Fallen_Empire wrote:
I have never heard RiM's 'Urkaos', which seems to be their most popular release, but it definitely reminds me a bit of 'Demo 09'.

Demo 09 is great but URKAOS is RiM's masterpiece. Better than the 1st tape also. Still havent listened to the 2nd demo tape (hoping it'll be reissuesmd for chrissake) but I dont think it's better than Urkaos which is, simply put, one of the best BM albums of the last 5 years.

The second tape solely consists of ambient sounds. I don`t think a reissue for this is necessary at all since the music contained on the tape is far from being groundbreaking. If you are interested in obtaining at least one part of the tape you can get the Symphonia sacrosancta phasmatum Cd Ajna released a couple of years ago for very little money.
Grab-Mahl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new releases are really great! Hädanfärd is pure melancholic madness. Very imperessive and destructive for me. The Urkaos II LP is something different but not from this world. Waiting for the next package with the Demo Comp. I.

Full support!
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grab-Mahl wrote:
The Urkaos II LP is something different but not from this world.

I actually really enjoyed that one last night and already have an itch to play it again.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The samples for the Urkaos reminded me a bit of the good Burzum ambient material (ie Tomhet), is the whole thing in a similar vein?

But now in scene of baby Watains and weak emo scums with haircut
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:
The samples for the Urkaos reminded me a bit of the good Burzum ambient material (ie Tomhet), is the whole thing in a similar vein?

Yes the whole record is based in ambient, but there are percussive elements as well.
Grab-Mahl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:

If you liked the sample I recommend you to be quick an buy that great record. Tomorrow the Demo compilation I will arrive, very curious about the content.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRAV is magnificent. Keeps spinning and spinning... Old Strid with vocals reminiscent of what Aldrahn did on "Kronet til Konge", that's the best comparision I can come up with.

If that's true:

Quote:
Music was written and recorded in a total of 24 hours.

Then this fellow is a genius.

Who needs a time machine if you have a record like this, sending you straight back in the 1990ies Black Metal-underground?
Ancient Records

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All private orders have been shipped out as of today. The Hädanfärd and Grav LPs are now sold out from me. Getting low on copies of the other titles too.
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any euro distro with hadanfard in stock?
Sanngetall

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raging Bloodlust
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate!
Mikael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:

Who needs a time machine if you have a record like this, sending you straight back in the 1990ies Black Metal-underground?

Well the sample sounded quite mediocre and surely not worth of that kind of praise. Genious? Laughing Edge of Sanity - Crimson was done within 24 hours and it's an awesome album, but it hardly makes Swanö a genius either.

Not sure where I lost my previous post in this topic, but overall, some Ancient-releases are really good, but a lot of them are also quite mediocre.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael wrote:
DTBRex wrote:

Well the sample sounded quite mediocre and surely not worth of that kind of praise. Genious? Laughing Edge of Sanity - Crimson was done within 24 hours and it's an awesome album, but it hardly makes Swanö a genius either.

Not sure where I lost my previous post in this topic, but overall, some Ancient-releases are really good, but a lot of them are also quite mediocre.

Lest it eluded your attention, but I am into Black Metal first and foremost and don't consider myself a "Brother of Metal" at all. Hence I have a different perception on what I deem praiseworthy in this genre, and that music on the new GRAV and Hädanfärd - records is just my chalice of blood, so to speak. Would always prefer this over the vast majority of any other Metal-related music that gets praised on this forum. But hey, that's just my opinion. Wink
Mikael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
Lest it eluded your attention, but I am into Black Metal first and foremost and don't consider myself a "Brother of Metal" at all. Hence I have a different perception on what I deem praiseworthy in this genre, and that music on the new GRAV and Hädanfärd - records is just my chalice of blood, so to speak. Would always prefer this over the vast majority of any other Metal-related music that gets praised on this forum. But hey, that's just my opinion. Wink

Well, just I got stuck with the word "genius", as there's no need to be a "genius" of any sort to produce good or even amazing black metal. If I'd personally pick a BM-musician who could be considered as a musical "genius" of some sort, it would be Ihsahn, but does or did he produce the best BM, I'd surely say no.

Maybe it's just that I'm so fed with everyone exaggerating their (labels) releases or new releases overall. All of their or the current releases overall are the most extreme ever, no matter if there's 5 new releases, all of them are the most extreme and groundbreaking. That's just bullshit.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael wrote:

Maybe it's just that I'm so fed with everyone exaggerating their (labels) releases or new releases overall. All of their or the current releases overall are the most extreme ever, no matter if there's 5 new releases, all of them are the most extreme and groundbreaking. That's just bullshit.

Sure, but I never said what I heard on these records is oh-so-original and groundbreaking or what-have-you. I said it works perfectly fine for me, by making me reminisce the Black Metal from the days of yore. I am conservative to the point of being reactionary, and this label just happens to release records I want to keep spinning. That's all there is to it, actually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: