P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Agalloch - Pale Folklore vinyl reissue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this on preorder since it went up for sale. It's not here yet.

Zero fucks given.

The record will come when The End gets it from the factory. I didn't order it because of an urgent need or for its limitation. I ordered it because it's a great album that's worth owning on vinyl. That's unaffected by whether the record arrived in May or if it arrives next year.

I understand people getting pissed off at fly by night scammers like Signal Rex. None of you who ordered that Othar record are getting shit for your money. Sorry. But in a case like this with an established company that isn't going anywhere (or--like with AK and the Spear Of Longinus record--someone with a spotless reputation), what's so hard about being patient? You're not terminally ill and this isn't some Make A Wish shit where it's a race against time to hear "She Painted Fire Across the Skyline" on vinyl before you die.

An occasional status update would be nice, but the records will come. Find something better to do than fret.
harorld

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang! you are one righteous, zero fucks given, patient motherfucker. god bless you.

Twilight Command wrote:

Zero fucks given.

I ordered it because it's a great album
shampoohorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilight Command wrote:

Zero fucks given.

The record will come when The End gets it from the factory. I didn't order it because of an urgent need or for its limitation. I ordered it because it's a great album that's worth owning on vinyl. That's unaffected by whether the record arrived in May or if it arrives next year.

I understand people getting pissed off at fly by night scammers like Signal Rex. None of you who ordered that Othar record are getting shit for your money. Sorry. But in a case like this with an established company that isn't going anywhere (or--like with AK and the Spear Of Longinus record--someone with a spotless reputation), what's so hard about being patient? You're not terminally ill and this isn't some Make A Wish shit where it's a race against time to hear "She Painted Fire Across the Skyline" on vinyl before you die.

An occasional status update would be nice, but the records will come. Find something better to do than fret.

No. You people definitely need to stay on top of The End's ass unless you want to lose your money or ability to put a claim on Paypal.

Their customer service is absolutely retarded (if you can get them to even answer calls or email). Then you'll get some jackass who will swear up and down that your order was shipped but in no way will provide something simple like a tracking number.

Placed an order for a few records that were in stock. Received an email stating that one was backordered and they would ship when it was in stock. I forgot about it for a few months and emailed them. I received one reply that they would look into it. Nothing more, money lost.

Ordered a few box sets. They sent only 2 DVDs that had nothing to do with what I ordered. Spent weeks trying to get them to fix the order. They promised to resend and I received nothing. Then they just stopped responding. Got my money back through Paypal.

Placed a large order and their customer service noticed a few were sold out. They gave me options to replace the records before they shipped and I gave them the go ahead. They sent the records without the replacements. Couldn't get ahold of anyone. Just gave the fuck up with the label.
harorld

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you ordered the albums because they're worth owning on vinyl; which is unaffected by whether the record arrives in May or if it never arrives. lol

shampoohorn wrote:
Twilight Command wrote:

Zero fucks given.

No. You people definitely need to stay on top of The End's ass unless you want to lose your money or ability to put a claim on Paypal.

Their customer service is absolutely retarded (if you can get them to even answer calls or email). Then you'll get some jackass who will swear up and down that your order was shipped but in no way will provide something simple like a tracking number.

Placed an order for a few records that were in stock. Received an email stating that one was backordered and they would ship when it was in stock. I forgot about it for a few months and emailed them. I received one reply that they would look into it. Nothing more, money lost.

Ordered a few box sets. They sent only 2 DVDs that had nothing to do with what I ordered. Spent weeks trying to get them to fix the order. They promised to resend and I received nothing. Then they just stopped responding. Got my money back through Paypal.

Placed a large order and their customer service noticed a few were sold out. They gave me options to replace the records before they shipped and I gave them the go ahead. They sent the records without the replacements. Couldn't get ahold of anyone. Just gave the fuck up with the label.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

large company or not, there are stories of larger labels doing this. Because they have big names and distribution, who is going to argue? and they can be lazy with customer service because they have your money and there's nothing they can do, complaining on the message boards won't matter because for every person thats ripped off the label did actually send out a dozen legitimate packages so who's there to believe?

The End has sent me packages, so has CM, so has relapse, all three of which i had heard use bait and switch or just general neglect when shipping out orders. Maybe i have been lucky to escape their incompetent mornings, maybe because most of the times i ordered was a new release or during specials/sales that they're a bit more on the ball with how to run a label than their slow weeks when they don't want to be bothered with pulling inventory and checking their mails.
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a shipping notification a little over an hour ago. The record should be in my hands tomorrow.
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally had a chance to open the box and play the record. Definiely worth the wait. Pale Folklore is Agalloch's least cleanly produced LP and that production really benefits from vinyl's combination of warmth and fidelity. Everything sounds clear without being brittle. The vinyl is clean and free of manufacturing errors. Nice and weighty in the hand, too.

Packagingwise, everything looks great. The gatefold is attractive, substantial, and the subdued color choices better fit the music than the original layout of the CD. The printed inner sleeves are heavyweight and look perfect with the jacket. Snowy woodland nature photos have been done to death in black metal, but the shots on the gatefold and the sleeves really do help set the mood for listening to the music. Despite the thickness of the jacket, the inner sleeves, and the vinyl, the records can easily be removed and replaced. This shouldn't be noteworthy, but certain other releases just don't manage to meet this basic standard (I'm looking at you Osmose pressing of The Voice of Steel on orange). A great presentation all around. I definitely hope The End announces similar reissues of The Mantle and Ashes Against the Grain in due course.

The End packed the record in a box suitable for a multi-record order. This was partially to accommodate a crapload of cushioning wrap (thanks, guys!) and partially so they could toss stuff nobody wants in with the order (fuck you, guys!). Bonuses are always appreciated, and the free double CD of Godflesh Hymns definitely qualifies, but nobody needs the new Sacred Mother Tongue album or outdated American Sharks and Crossfaith dropcards. Throwing that shit in there just qualifies as using my order box for a trashcan.
DSS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilight Command wrote:

Packagingwise, everything looks great. The gatefold is attractive, substantial, and the subdued color choices better fit the music than the original layout of the CD. The printed inner sleeves are heavyweight and look perfect with the jacket. Snowy woodland nature photos have been done to death in black metal, but the shots on the gatefold and the sleeves really do help set the mood for listening to the music. Despite the thickness of the jacket, the inner sleeves, and the vinyl, the records can easily be removed and replaced. This shouldn't be noteworthy, but certain other releases just don't manage to meet this basic standard (I'm looking at you Osmose pressing of The Voice of Steel on orange). A great presentation all around. I definitely hope The End announces similar reissues of The Mantle and Ashes Against the Grain in due course.

The End packed the record in a box suitable for a multi-record order. This was partially to accommodate a crapload of cushioning wrap (thanks, guys!) and partially so they could toss stuff nobody wants in with the order (fuck you, guys!). Bonuses are always appreciated, and the free double CD of Godflesh Hymns definitely qualifies, but nobody needs the new Sacred Mother Tongue album or outdated American Sharks and Crossfaith dropcards. Throwing that shit in there just qualifies as using my order box for a trashcan.

Opposite here.
Packing is great with no garbage. Not one flyer included.
Inner sleeves have splits because the LPs are virgin tight inside them. I had a hard time getting them out of the sleeves actually.
And I've had lots of unopened boxes because of my busy schedule. I just opened this parcel today and the date on it is May 23, 2013. That's how behind I am on opening my parcels. Got the white vinyl version of the album Cool
Descension

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, forgot about this. Just wanted to say that I received my pre-order months ago.
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Yeah me too. I think before summer even.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
Oh yeah, forgot about this. Just wanted to say that I received my pre-order months ago.

I preordered it in March. I completely forgot until I got an email two days ago.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Mendicant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pretty much forgotten that I ordered this but I got mine today and they certainly cushioned it well in the box - best packing job I've ever seen

the bonus item was a Cradle of Filth dvd Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: