P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

CM Distro - Halloween SALE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captainretardo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked the person (Master_Dragon_Stabber) that updates their thread here about their shipping awhile back, but he/she was clueless: (basically claimed that "it's USPS' fault").

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=grave+shipping&start=75

Starts at the bottom, and continues on the next page. (Rereading it, I sound like an asshole--must have been drunk Embarassed ).

AFAIK, Media Mail has a minimum charge of $2.89 ($2.98?), but goes up based on weight, i.e., the lightest thing you can mail Media Mail will be $2.89, and then packages exceeding some minimum weight cost more. As everyone on here from the US knows, you can mail multiple LPs for $2.89 (add $1 or so for DC), but even when you exceed the minimum weight, the price increase is absurdly low.

CM seems to calculate every item in the cart as if it will be mailed separately, which is nonsense. Even factoring in the cost of packing supplies, their shipping charges are many multiples of the actual charge--and it's worse the more you order. You pay a little more than real cost for 1 LP, 2-3X actual shipping charge for 2 LPs, and it just gets worse from there. They charge $4 or $5 for each additional LP, while in reality that charge is like $0.50 - $1 per LP after exceeding the minimum MM weight. $20 for a handful of LPS? Are they high? They will cost $6-$7 max (being generous), even factoring in DC+packing supply costs.

I ordered the Necrowreth LP from them a few weeks ago because it was on sale for $12.50. I paid $6 shipping (most places would charge $4, but it was no big deal, as I paid $18.50 total). Two weeks or so after I ordered, it had not shipped, so I sent them an email asking if it was out of stock or something. They said it was in stock, apologized, said they were backed up, and said it would ship immediately (and it did). When I received it, it had been shipped Priority Mail, even though I chose the cheapest shipping option. I figured they did that to make up for the delay, but given their prices, is that what they always do? It seems hard to believe they don't offer/use MM.
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
Metal Army code any one?

Here is an Metal Army code: ARMY-1STB-YBWD-CZNL

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
Gr.Ob.894

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:
I asked the person (Master_Dragon_Stabber) that updates their thread here about their shipping awhile back, but he/she was clueless: (basically claimed that "it's USPS' fault").

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=grave+shipping&start=75

Starts at the bottom, and continues on the next page. (Rereading it, I sound like an asshole--must have been drunk Embarassed ).

AFAIK, Media Mail has a minimum charge of $2.89 ($2.98?), but goes up based on weight, i.e., the lightest thing you can mail Media Mail will be $2.89, and then packages exceeding some minimum weight cost more. As everyone on here from the US knows, you can mail multiple LPs for $2.89 (add $1 or so for DC), but even when you exceed the minimum weight, the price increase is absurdly low.

CM seems to calculate every item in the cart as if it will be mailed separately, which is nonsense. Even factoring in the cost of packing supplies, their shipping charges are many multiples of the actual charge--and it's worse the more you order. You pay a little more than real cost for 1 LP, 2-3X actual shipping charge for 2 LPs, and it just gets worse from there. They charge $4 or $5 for each additional LP, while in reality that charge is like $0.50 - $1 per LP after exceeding the minimum MM weight. $20 for a handful of LPS? Are they high? They will cost $6-$7 max (being generous), even factoring in DC+packing supply costs.

I ordered the Necrowreth LP from them a few weeks ago because it was on sale for $12.50. I paid $6 shipping (most places would charge $4, but it was no big deal, as I paid $18.50 total). Two weeks or so after I ordered, it had not shipped, so I sent them an email asking if it was out of stock or something. They said it was in stock, apologized, said they were backed up, and said it would ship immediately (and it did). When I received it, it had been shipped Priority Mail, even though I chose the cheapest shipping option. I figured they did that to make up for the delay, but given their prices, is that what they always do? It seems hard to believe they don't offer/use MM.

I am not sure they ship Media Mail at all. If my memory doesn't fail me, all the packages I've received from them were shipped either Priority or UPS (back in the day), so that might be one of the reasons their shipping is so high. That also might be a subtle (or not so subtle) way to show that they are not too interested in small orders.

Anyway, they tend to have at least one very good sale each year (usually around Christmas time) and that's the best time to place that large order.
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BreedingtheSpawn wrote:
DSS wrote:
Metal Army code any one?

Here is an Metal Army code: ARMY-1STB-YBWD-CZNL

Thank you.
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gr.Ob.894 wrote:
captainretardo wrote:

I am not sure they ship Media Mail at all. If my memory doesn't fail me, all the packages I've received from them were shipped either Priority or UPS (back in the day), so that might be one of the reasons their shipping is so high. That also might be a subtle (or not so subtle) way to show that they are not too interested in small orders.

Anyway, they tend to have at least one very good sale each year (usually around Christmas time) and that's the best time to place that large order.

+1 and usually a sale in the summer time where they mark everything on the site down. CM only ships out priority and first-class.

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: