P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

USPS international delivery confirmation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you're right. First Class Mail tracking was only partial tracking until now. That is good news if it actually works.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below_The_Sun wrote:

I'm located in Greece and today i've received a priority package with a customs number of this type : CJ*********US and it was fully trackable - it even has my signature shown on the greek track & trace system, so i believe that with this service, the additional 13$ for registration can be skipped...
I typed that because Greece isn't included on the list with the new countries, but this type of service works here, for us, as well!

I believe the customs numbers with the "C" prefix are for packages sent through Priority Mail International, which require the 'big customs forms' and again is always trackable. This new service is for packages under 4 LBs that are sent by regular Air Mail (known as First Class International) with the different customs forms (used to be the little green form you'd fill out) and they have an "L" prefix. This means that if you send one CD in a envelope by this service, you will now have tracking on it. From what I could tell, that's never been available before via USPS on regular Air Mail packages.
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Yeah you're right. First Class Mail tracking was only partial tracking until now. That is good news if it actually works.

Cool, I guess we're all on the same page now. And as I posted with that track I did earlier it seems to be working well so far- hopefully it will work all the way to the destinations! It will be interesting to see, and it will definitely make things better for shipping smaller packages and having delivery confirmation on them.
Below_The_Sun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, then this is good news indeed!

Wants : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31511

References on NWN! (so far) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=709828#709828
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outlaw-recordings wrote:
holy ghost wrote:
You know what's totally weird about this? Since last week all the stuff I have been tracking to Canada from the US has STOPPED tracking updates. Both first class and priority have ceased updating, and it's happened for 3 different packages I'm waiting on. One mailed priority on the 22nd has "international item mailed in originating country" and that's the last update.

Confused Confused Confused Confused

That is very strange... Maybe since they were mailed in the middle of this system change/update they might get mixed up in the shuffle? Hard to say, but again- from what I'm seeing above the new system seems to be in place and if it actually does work and goes all the way to the actual delivery in those countries it will be a great addition to the USPS services- and actually helps justify those insane rate hikes earlier this year!

Definitely my error here. I thought it wasn't being tracked, turns out a priority mail package costing $28 in shipping just took 11 days to get from Seattle to Vancouver..... Now customs processing then to Ontario....... $28 well spent.......

Rolling Eyes
Hateful_Reality

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't shipped anything first class international in store, since the change but you never could track first class international, so I wonder if this works if you are actually shipping in an actual brick and mortar USPS store. The first time I noticed tracking on First Class international was by printing out the postage online and I just started doing that recently. I have no idea if Stamps.com did this before or not. Judging by Yosuke's answer I'd think no, at least not on first class. But since it has changed or I've been printing online, everything seems to have gone through all the way from sender to receiver. They even send email confirmations every time the parcel is scanned or at least periodically throughout its travel (providing you select that feature & put in the email to receive notices). I even mistakenly charged someone registration w/ first class so we could track it and here it was trackable through first class so we deleted the service. Of course on those rare occasions when a box gets run over by a forklift, I wouldn't be surprised if notices stop and next thing you know is you are contacting USPS to ask where your package is... so I by no regions of the imagination, believe that its 100% full proof but it sure is a good start and a great way for everyone to keep an eye on their packages.

As for paypal disputes I was having this conversation with a guy who runs a record store and online shop and we both came to the conclusion from our experience that pretty much your fucked if someone disputes an order on you. Has anyone actually ever won one of those against a buyer? If so I'd like to hear how that turned out and how long it actually took to resolve. Luckily enough in my experience more people are more worried about their reputation than they are about getting a few cds or records for free.
mlotek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else having very slow USPS delivery? Is nobody going to work due to the cold weather ?
I have one package in SAINT PAUL, MN, and another one in NORTH HOUSTON, TX that have been sitting in the sorting depots since Jan 15th.
Packages usually take the same day, or one day, to get moving out of them usually, right?
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes people don't scan things every step of the way.

Package 1: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9114901159818477827057

Package 2: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9114901159818477827033

Package 3: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9114901159818477827484

I shipped all 3 of these on the same day, using the same service. None of them were scanned and updated in the same way.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This last year has been great. Everything first class is trackable. I know for example, that tonight I have an LP arriving from Total Black and the postman always arrives around 6:30 PM. Cool

He must fucking hate my house so much, my dog goes fucking CRAZY when he opens the door and he's here like twice a week.... and then sometimes I forget to leave the porch light on.....
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
Everything first class is trackable.

This is probably true to countries like Canada, but I've already lost a Paypal claim since this started to a country in Europe (don't remember which one) because it was never scanned there. Last scan was in a zip/postal code exclusive to the O'Hare International airport in Chicago, but that wasn't enough to win.
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
holy ghost wrote:

This is probably true to countries like Canada, but I've already lost a Paypal claim since this started to a country in Europe (don't remember which one) because it was never scanned there. Last scan was in a zip/postal code exclusive to the O'Hare International airport in Chicago, but that wasn't enough to win.

Lame. At least to Canada they've got it down right. Everything is trackable that's first class. Yet there's still no similar service to the US, even at $12 to ship an LP there's no tracking....
treghet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
holy ghost wrote:

It sounds like USPS just didn't provide the updates from the destination country. Did you try tracking it through that country's postal service? I recently sent a package to Chile and after it left the states there were no further updates on the USPS site, but I was able to track it the rest of the way through Correos.
mlotek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USPS only tracking in USA was when package accepted, them 8 days later when it left the country to Canada.
This is the first time ever I have seen it worse than Canada Post.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treghet wrote:
IXTAB wrote:
holy ghost wrote:

It sounds like USPS just didn't provide the updates from the destination country. Did you try tracking it through that country's postal service? I recently sent a package to Chile and after it left the states there were no further updates on the USPS site, but I was able to track it the rest of the way through Correos.

Yeah, I tried tracking it on the destination country's website, but there was no record of it. If it doesn't get scanned upon arrival it won't track in the destination country.
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: