P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Cradle of Filth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which CoF album exposes your fangs?
The Principle of Evil Made Flesh
32%
 32%  [ 62 ]
Vempire or Dark Faerytales in Phallustein
16%
 16%  [ 31 ]
Dusk... and Her Embrace
23%
 23%  [ 45 ]
Cruelty and the Beast
14%
 14%  [ 27 ]
Midian
5%
 5%  [ 11 ]
Bitter Suites to Succubi
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Damnation and a Day
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Nymphetamine
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Thornography
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 190

Feuersturm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The common practice seems to be to shit out an album as fast as they can, tour like mad for a while and then start writing another album. And every time it's "the heaviest we've done" or "a return to the old style". Godspeed was supposed to be like that and well, it wasn't. I'm guessing we're about to start hearing news about an upcoming full length in the next 4-5 months.

The most awaited release from Cradle Of Filth in the last 10 years was Midnight In The Labyrinth. Symphonic renditions of old stuff from the first four albums exclusively? HOLY COW. I was expecting some serious awesomeness and was certain that with such great songs failure is not even remotely an option.

And the ball dropped once again. The whole thing was a damn MIDI keyboard intro extravaganza, something even Bal-Sagoth might have cringed at, not the epic soundtrack Dani had been talking about for months. Even Rob's signature bass riff at the end of Summer Dying Fast was completely discarded, as if it didn't play any part in closing the debut album perfectly.
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
The common practice seems to be to shit out an album as fast as they can, tour like mad for a while and then start writing another album. And every time it's "the heaviest we've done" or "a return to the old style". Godspeed was supposed to be like that and well, it wasn't. I'm guessing we're about to start hearing news about an upcoming full length in the next 4-5 months.

The most awaited release from Cradle Of Filth in the last 10 years was Midnight In The Labyrinth. Symphonic renditions of old stuff from the first four albums exclusively? HOLY COW. I was expecting some serious awesomeness and was certain that with such great songs failure is not even remotely an option.

And the ball dropped once again. The whole thing was a damn MIDI keyboard intro extravaganza, something even Bal-Sagoth might have cringed at, not the epic soundtrack Dani had been talking about for months. Even Rob's signature bass riff at the end of Summer Dying Fast was completely discarded, as if it didn't play any part in closing the debut album perfectly.

Feuersturm; your avatar always reminded me of something, didnt know what but something familiar. Now I know, is it that same dude that acted on "Her ghost in the fog" video?

And "thanks" to this topic, been listening Cradle of Filth last few days. And not even those "safe early bets" but those mid-era ones.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:

Feuersturm; your avatar always reminded me of something, didnt know what but something familiar. Now I know, is it that same dude that acted on "Her ghost in the fog" video?

It's me. Or my eye at least. Photo taken in 2004. Now that I checked, there is at least one split second cut in the video that looks a little bit like the avatar.
Frozen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:

This is a great example of how Black Metal is a feeling, more so than a genre, and how that feeling was lost after Cruelty.
Roy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The debut is,and probably WILL be,Cradle's greatest moment. I loved that album from the start. Seems that during their first 3 releases they toured the Netherlands/Belgium at least twice a year. The first time i saw them was in Belgium,with Ancient Rites. Early 1995. Cradle was just another rising star in the BM scene in those days,they weren't as ridiculed by the people as is now the case.

The Principle is the only album i still have. I got as far as Cruelty and the Beast and that was it.

I know i liked Dusk too and wish i hadn't sold that first edition black digipack. The vocals turned me off on that one later on. I was thinking something like,"these high pitched vocals are actually ridiculous sounding". Still have the picture disc though. That will get a spin this evening to check out what i think of the album these days.
incenseandash

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them are simply ridiculous. Never heard the demos, maybe there's something that could be saved.
Frozen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy wrote:
Seems that during their first 3 releases they toured the Netherlands/Belgium at least twice a year. The first time i saw them was in Belgium,with Ancient Rites. Early 1995. Cradle was just another rising star in the BM scene in those days,they weren't as ridiculed by the people as is now the case.

What where those shows like, in terms of stage presence and atmosphere, compared to other Black Metal bands at the time?

EDIT: A very cool live video from '93 showing the band performing "Of Mist and Midnight Skies": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wGILeEb-Rc
Aegocerus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to a few earlier posts, Dusk was re-recorded primarily to 'eradicate' the contributions of ex-members, but also because the original was in a bit of a legal bind; essentially their manager at the time had taken the Master so he could get the band a deal with another label and make some money - it's a long story but a lot more complex than was generally mentioned at the time, primarily because the label (i.e. myself) was never contacted about the issue.

The release Vempire came about as a way of ending the stalemate, the band would record an album and be released from their contract, the Dusk recordings would be mothballed and the album re-recorded (which guaranteed MFN full profit from sales but also allowed Dani and the new band greater control and royalties) and Cacophonous retained the Publishing rights. So the original has sat unreleased for 20 years.

Why has it never been put out? Quite simple, I'm one of very few people who has the recording, and it wouldn't be hard to work out who had done it. However, if everything can be agreed upon, it is planned that it will see the light of day later this year, or early next, as the first release of old CoF material will be properly announced/pre-sold shortly, and more will follow.
Frozen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY SHIT!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thank you for still giving a fuck at this point. Seriously. Can't wait.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now doesn't that sound swell.
Frozen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's safe to say that the original version of Dusk must be quite a bit different then. Will be interesting to hear how they compare.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
I think it's safe to say that the original version of Dusk must be quite a bit different then. Will be interesting to hear how they compare.

I've heard it from Neil's master copy. It's much better than the re-recording, personally.
Frozen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on about the release of it?
GenericBlackMetalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All crap.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
All crap.

Oh don't be like that... no one is going to judge you here for liking the demo. It's actually expected that you at least only like the demo or we know you are trying too hard to hide your love probably for the entire discography. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: