P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

- please fuckin stop / same covers -
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you liked that one and are into “not too serious” stuff, you might try the German band Excrementory Grindfuckers that covered that song, too. Most songs are covers, but mostly mainstream stuff such as Modern Talking, Metallica and some Schlager stuff.
Grindcore fans in Germany know this band.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, killer band name! Anyway, I prefer stuff like the Russian "BoneyNem", who make Thrash and death covers to both old Russian popular music and stuff like Boney M as well. Funny as Hell.
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though one can forget the old Norwegian bands, I found the Thorns version of “Pagan Winter” on the Darkthrone tribute album somehow interesting. Do you know the Boney Nem clip for the song “?? ???? ??????”, which shows the protagonist mistreating women (the clip was removed from YouTube due to term violation)? The original is a Russian love song in which the speaker praises a woman for loving him with all his mistakes etc.
The video game nostalgics and those who like weird covers might also want to try the “NESBM” band 8 Bit MayheM. All songs are covers, from VON and some old Norwegian songs to nazi crap (Nokturnal Mortum) and poser music such als Nargaroth’s Strid rip off “Black Metal ist Krieg”. If you hate 8 bit sounds, don’t.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I heard many original songs that BoneyNem perverted (I'm a russian speaker) and it's really cool when you know how the original songs. And I'm not an audiophile, but I'd rather not spend my time on this shit, hehe Smile
I had a Blackthrone compilation CD (Above the Law) and I like their perverted lyrics but just can't listen to the music, it's so annoying for my ears...
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: - please fuckin stop / same covers - Reply with quote

- LEGION - wrote:
-

- if you want to do a BEHERIT cover, do NOT do "Gate Of Nanna" or "Sadomatic Rites" -

-

The fact that nobody ever covers other Beherit (edit: I have no idea why I put the wrong band name in there...) songs is further evidence that many do not listen past the first few songs on the record...

Last edited by GoldenBull on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only know the original song and what it’s about because of somebody else, I don’t understand one single word in Russian. I don’t know Blackthrone really well, but I found some anti-Blackthrone propaganda somewhere. Well, let’s not go too far off topic.
Beatsteaks covered Manowar’s “Kings of Metal” in a rather atypical way, and there is a Spanish version of “Black Wind, Fire and Steel” called “Viento Negro, Fuego Y Acero” by a band called Reserva Dos. Well, that’s no typical stuff to discuss on the Nuclear War Now! forum, so I’ll take the possibility to say how much I hate Moonblood for contributing to Nargaroth (I mean the drummer, Occulta Mors, as you will know) and for doing one of the worst Bathory covers this fucked up world ever saw.
Maybe it is worth to mention the bizarre “Raining Blood” cover Synthphonia Suprema did.
I also found out there is a Death Metal tribute compilation called “Todesblei salonfähig gemacht”, to which only Post-Industrial bands contribute. Does anyone know it?
Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anti Blackthrone propaganda seems to be even more retarded than Blackthrone's music in my opinion. Carrying so much about such a small humorist band should be a result of utter boredom and stupidity in my opinion.
Anyway, back to the topic - I think that you could say as well "Stop playing music influenced by the same bands over and over again!". Most of the Metal bands most of this forum's members listen to, grew up on the same Motorhead/Venom/Hellhammer/Celtic Frost/Bathory/Possessed/Kreator/Sodom/Destruction/Bulldozer and other, but pretty the SAME bands. And the bands members that were inspired by these bands, like most of us, like the "hits" of these bands more than the rest of the songs (usually). The result is that almost every band ends up paying homage to their heroes by covering their favorite songs of these bands (which are usually the SAME). And what's so wrong about it?...
If I had a band and wanted to pay homage to Venom by covering their song, I don't think that I would cover "Red Light Fever" (an example of a usually not covered song, if at all), instead of "Live Like an Angel (Die Like a Devil)" or "Witching Hour", just for the sake of trying to be more "original".
Kapalika

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distinguish to Kill wrote:

I also found out there is a Death Metal tribute compilation called “Todesblei salonfähig gemacht”, to which only Post-Industrial bands contribute. Does anyone know it?

Yep, I do. Though you won´t find any Post Industrial there, it is much more minimal electro/EBM sounding VERY 80s like...

Thinking about it, there is a Dutch breakcore/jungle DJ who paid tribute to several old "Earache classics" (mainly Bolt Thrower). He is called Bong-Ra and the release in question is called... Grindcrusher, hehe.
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I used the wrong term for the music. Is the compilation good in your opinion?
Kapalika

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to be sorry, you might just be quite disappointed if you buy it blindly.

If you like 80s-styled EBM (with the characteristic early drum computer percussion, analogues synthies and thin and/or processed vocals) this might be something for you.

Some versions work quite well, of course there are vast differences between these versions and the originals. Some reditions sound like obscure Wave, others like a C64 game soundtrack.
The closest is Echo West´s version of "Lest we Forget" (Bolt Thrower) as it features sampled guitars.

A² - Woman of Dark Desires (Bathory)
Wermut - Evolved as One (Napalm Death) - that one is actually great, very Wave - like.
Taciturne´s version of "Burnt to a Crisp" (Carcass) is also quite nice.

Fun fact: One track from Absurd gets covered and it sounds a thousand times better than the original... which is not difficult, hehehe.

I could send you a rip if you need to check it out. The compilation is still available everywhere, starting at 12 Euro retail price, try Tesco, Steinklang or Treue um Treue (the label that released it).
Ykh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the Celtic Frost gig in Paris / march 2007, I heard a guy say something like "the Obituary cover was killer" Laughing
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL! Laughing
Tireheb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: - please fuckin stop / same covers - Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
- LEGION - wrote:
-

- if you want to do a BEHERIT cover, do NOT do "Gate Of Nanna" or "Sadomatic Rites" -

-

The fact that nobody ever covers other Beherit (edit: I have no idea why I put the wrong band name in there...) songs is further evidence that many do not listen past the first few songs on the record...

Or simply the fact that only a few BEHERIT tracks actually even have lyrics available to be covered. And those happen to be the most known Beherit tracks too.
OrdenSatani

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes cover songs can be killer. NIHILIST covering "Radiation Sickness" by REPULSION was great, as well as MERCYFUL FATE doing a cover of JUDAS PRIEST - The Ripper.

Also sometimes bands can add their own interpretation of a song and make it sound different but still great. For example, Reverend Bizarre doing a Doom Metal version of BURZUM - Dunkelheit. I thought that cover song was EXCELLENT (even if the vocals were a bit strange... but then again it IS Reverend Bizarre).

I am still waiting to hear IMMOLATION do their cover of MF - Satan's Fall, too. I imagine that would rule immensely.
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: - please fuckin stop / same covers - Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
- LEGION - wrote:
-

-

Or simply the fact that only a few BEHERIT tracks actually even have lyrics available to be covered. And those happen to be the most known Beherit tracks too.

Yes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: