P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Atlanta/Nashville

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Atlanta/Nashville Reply with quote

Going to fly into Atlanta in October and dick around there for a while then head up to Nashville and dick around there too. About ten days total. Anything I should check out in either of those cities or surrounding areas? Good record shops/bars/restaurants? How about good day trips for hikes or nature sightseeing?
dalecooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criminal Records in Atlanta is cool. Not super metal-focused but they do have a halfway-decent section for it.
heavyR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll think on this and get back to you. Born and raised in Nashville, but I'm not a fan of the city at the moment.

I like Hattie B's for restaurants.

Buy this crap.
Innocence and Wrath

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Great Escape is good for scoring vinyl on the cheap. The Pharmacy in East Nashville serves up kick-ass burgers along with having a great beer selection. TN Brew Works makes great locally brewed beer. Pallbearer has a show here on the 17th.
bpm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be some shows of interest to you in Atlanta depending on your dates. Off the top of my head, King Diamond and Judas Priest will both be here in October.

Atlanta is a great food city. Buford Highway just outside the city has many tiny hole-in-the-wall spots. Recommendations really will depend on what you like or what you're looking for. Argosy and The Porter are both restaurants with great food, but even greater beer lists, Porter especially. I think last time I went it was something like 26-30 pages? It's been voted one of the top beer bars in the country many times.

The "metalhead" bar would be Highlander. Sometimes The Earl. Those are definitely the two best dive bars in the city. The Earl is walking distance to a couple different bars. Highlander is too, but not a big fan of any of the others in the immediate area. If you are looking for something a bit more classy than dives, PM me and I will send you some information.

Don't know if you will have access to a car. You will need one to get to any worthwhile hiking spots. Sweetwater Creek, Fort Yargo, Blood Mountain, Kennesaw Mountain, etc. Stone Mountain's worth a trip too but that's not a challenging/long hike at all and is more of a tourist thing. Still neat to see.
Ashes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born/raised/still live in Nashville. Depending on your taste in "night life" some things may be happening around then but Im a fucking hermit so I dont go out much besides work/rehearsal and the occasional show.

These records stores arent going to be stocked with NWN titles or the most recent grim/kvlt/tr00 stuff but its pretty solid browsing...I still find stuff from time to time but I like weird stuff outside of metal.

Record Stores etc:

Grimeys:
1604 8th Avenue South
Nashville, TN, United States 37203
http://www.grimeys.com

The Great Escape:
5400 Charlotte Ave
Nashville, Tennessee 37209
http://www.thegreatescapeonline.com

Fond Object:
1313 McGavock Pike Nashville, TN 37216
(On the Corner of Riverside Dr and McGavock Pike)

The Groove:
1103 Calvin Ave
Nashville, Tennessee 37206
http://thegroovenashville.com/

Local food:

You must try Nashville Style Hot Chicken. I take tons of touring bands to this place Its fucking amazing and horrible for you:
Pepperfire
located between the Inglewood / East Nashville areas
2821 Gallatin Pike.
Nashville, TN
http://www.pepperfirechicken.com/

If youre vegetarian or vegan (it rules even if you arent):
The Wild Cow
1896 Eastland Ave
Nashville, Tennessee 37206
http://www.thewildcow.com/

and there are plenty of high end restaurants too and plenty of killer Indian and Vietnamese joints.

Not at ton of site seeing in Nashville unless you like Country Music or Civil War stuff. There are some great nature trails at Shelby Park and some cool places between Atlanta and Nashville as well as it being a beautiful drive.
Ashes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto on The Pharmacy for burgers. You can also take a tour of United Record Pressing. I think they still offer those. They did when I worked there anyway.
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the input folks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: